eBookMobi 0 0%
Blio 0 0%
Tomes 1 1.05%
Other (post name and link please) 5 5.26%
Voters: 95. You may not vote on this poll

Old 09-18-2012, 01:55 AM   #1
kyteflyer
Wizard
kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone SE2020
New Poll: Which ebook reader on iOS?

Its 9 months since I posted the last poll, and in the last day or so, it seems Stanza is confirmed working on iOS6. So I'm wondering now what people have done in the last 9 months: still using what you were back then, or made a change.

As usual, not all options (though there are more this time) are included, but obviously I've left Stanza in, so add in your comments the reader you use if I have not mentioned it, or have chosen to leave it out.

I've removed ReadMe because it has not been updated in over a year (shame, it was shaping up well) and I have added a couple of new ones, or options I failed to mention last time.

Again, if you use something not mentioned, I'd love to see you post the iTunes link so we can all have a look. Also, because I forgot to make it multiple choice, just vote for your most used reader Thanks

Last edited by kyteflyer; 09-18-2012 at 02:01 AM.
kyteflyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 02:06 AM   #2
kyteflyer
Wizard
kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Already noted to have been left out
ReadMe
Sharereader
i2Reader
Oulivo
Advert
Old 09-18-2012, 07:26 AM   #3
FlorenceArt
High Priestess
FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Pro 9.7, iPhone 6 Plus
This should probably be a multiple-choice poll, unless you want to know which one is preferred? I have Kindle and iBooks but tend to use mostly iBooks because I avoid buying e-books on Amazon. As apps, they are both fine for my needs.
FlorenceArt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 09:06 AM   #4
aagstn
Evangelist
aagstn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aagstn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aagstn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aagstn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aagstn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aagstn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aagstn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aagstn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aagstn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aagstn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aagstn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 3, iPad mini 2
I still prefer iBooks. I can load my own books and it syncs between my iPad and iPod touch. The margins are a bit wide, but the convenience of iBooks makes up for that minor flaw.
aagstn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 09:54 AM   #5
holymadness
Guru
holymadness ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.holymadness ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.holymadness ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.holymadness ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.holymadness ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.holymadness ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.holymadness ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.holymadness ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.holymadness ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.holymadness ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.holymadness ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone
You also forgot Readmill, though that's iPad-only for now.

I use Kindle. It is still the fastest reader with the most features. The only thing it's missing is copy-and-paste.
holymadness is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-18-2012, 10:05 AM   #6
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
I don't read much on my iPod Touch, but when I do I almost always use the Kindle app (I use it more on my Android phone).

I'm sure I'll be doing more reading on iOS as I pre-ordered the new iPhone and I'll probably continue to primarily use the Kindle app when I'm out and about.

Surprised the Nook app isn't in the poll.
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 01:45 PM   #7
seajewel
Fanatic
seajewel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.seajewel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.seajewel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.seajewel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.seajewel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.seajewel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.seajewel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.seajewel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.seajewel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.seajewel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.seajewel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505, Sony PRS-950
Stanza on my phone, ibooks when i had am iPad (didn't keep) for two-column landscape mode. I'm liking the new Kobo update though on my phone.
seajewel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 01:53 PM   #8
jswinden
Nameless Being

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlorenceArt View Post
This should probably be a multiple-choice poll, unless you want to know which one is preferred? I have Kindle and iBooks but tend to use mostly iBooks because I avoid buying e-books on Amazon. As apps, they are both fine for my needs.
Agree, this needs to be a multiple-choice. I've got three of the listed apps on my iPad3. I could care less if they sync between Apple devices only. I need them to sync with eInk devices and PC apps, and only one does that.
Old 09-18-2012, 07:00 PM   #9
sreknob
sreknob began at the beginning.

Device: iPad
Didn't know Stanza was confirmed to work on iOS 6... That's great news! Though, I suppose one day we'll have to give up and move on...
sreknob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 12:52 AM   #10
arcadata
Grand Sorcerer
arcadata ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arcadata ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arcadata ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arcadata ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arcadata ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arcadata ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arcadata ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arcadata ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arcadata ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arcadata ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arcadata ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle, Kindle Fire, iPad, iPod Touch, Sony PRS-350
Quote:
Originally Posted by jswinden View Post
Agree, this needs to be a multiple-choice. I've got three of the listed apps on my iPad3. I could care less if they sync between Apple devices only. I need them to sync with eInk devices and PC apps, and only one does that.
Same here
arcadata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 01:22 AM   #11
meeera
Grand Sorcerer
meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, iPadMini4, iPad4, MBP; support other Kobo/Kindles
Stanza on iPhone (though I do very little reading on that now I've got a Kobo), and CloudReaders for graphic novels on my iPad.
meeera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 04:57 AM   #12
BlueSky77
BlueSky77 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BlueSky77 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BlueSky77 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BlueSky77 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BlueSky77 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BlueSky77 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BlueSky77 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BlueSky77 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BlueSky77 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BlueSky77 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BlueSky77 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch 3g, iPad 3, Nook Color w/cm7sd
I primarily use the Kindle app because I also have a Kindle Touch and buy most of my ebooks for that. Just wondering why the Nook app was left out of the poll? I use that as well because I still have a bunch of Nook Books and a magazine subscription through Barnes & Noble.
BlueSky77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 07:50 AM   #13
greenyouth
Zealot
greenyouth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.greenyouth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.greenyouth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.greenyouth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.greenyouth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.greenyouth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.greenyouth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.greenyouth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.greenyouth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.greenyouth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.greenyouth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
I will go for ibook and kindle
greenyouth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 08:28 AM   #14
kyteflyer
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlorenceArt View Post
Thats pretty much what i said (para 3). I also use kindle, ibooks and also apabi.. But Stanza is still my most used
Old 09-19-2012, 08:30 AM   #15
kyteflyer
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by holymadness View Post
You also forgot Readmill, though that's iPad-only for now.

I use Kindle. It is still the fastest reader with the most features. The only thing it's missing is copy-and-paste.
Didnt forget Readmill.. Never heard of it. Must check it out, thanks

[edit] not my cup of tea really

Last edited by kyteflyer; 09-19-2012 at 08:33 AM.