Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 07-09-2012, 04:55 PM   #1
dmacmart
Fanatic
dmacmart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmacmart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmacmart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmacmart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmacmart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmacmart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmacmart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmacmart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmacmart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmacmart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmacmart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Mini, Glo, Arc, H2O, iPhone, iPad 2, (husband)Touch
Has anyone bought 11/22/63 ?

I'm looking at the preview of 11/22/63 (Stephen King) and there are no images - lots of placeholders for missing images. I viewed it on my Vox, iPad, and on the Kobo Desktop application.

If you have bought it, does it include images? If not, are there only a few missing at the beginning, or are there a lot of them throughout, interfering with the reading experience?

Thanks. It's so expensive that I wanted to make sure.
dmacmart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2012, 02:12 AM   #2
GvilleBridge
Connoisseur
GvilleBridge knows the chase is better than the catch.GvilleBridge knows the chase is better than the catch.GvilleBridge knows the chase is better than the catch.GvilleBridge knows the chase is better than the catch.GvilleBridge knows the chase is better than the catch.GvilleBridge knows the chase is better than the catch.GvilleBridge knows the chase is better than the catch.GvilleBridge knows the chase is better than the catch.GvilleBridge knows the chase is better than the catch.GvilleBridge knows the chase is better than the catch.GvilleBridge knows the chase is better than the catch.

Device: Kobo Touch, Nook Tablet
There are no images in the King book other than the cover illustration, a kind of frontispiece, and historical photos on the part title pages. Nice to have but you don't need them. When I read it a couple months ago, I had a map of Texas around just for occasional, but not necessary, reference. It's basically all text with a good story to keep you going to the last page. Yes, you have to appreciate time travel stories.
GvilleBridge is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-10-2012, 09:38 AM   #3
dmacmart
Fanatic
dmacmart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmacmart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmacmart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmacmart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmacmart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmacmart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmacmart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmacmart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmacmart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmacmart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmacmart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Mini, Glo, Arc, H2O, iPhone, iPad 2, (husband)Touch
Thank you! I think I will enjoy it, but have to read it in any case for my book club and definitely prefer not to have the huge paper copy.
----
edited to add: Since I can see the images in Kindle preview, I bought the Kindle book which I can read on my Vox (and on my iPad/iPhone). And I suppose I could mangle it to read on my KWiFi but probably won't bother.

Last edited by dmacmart; 07-10-2012 at 11:18 AM.
dmacmart is offline   Reply With Quote