Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > HanLin eBook

Notices

Old 02-07-2010, 01:15 AM   #16
Solicitous
Wizard
Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Astak Pocket Pro (Black), 2 x Kindle WiFi (Graphite), iPod Touch 4G
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikko73 View Post
I just wanted to post a few links to videos of the A6 & A9 (apparently taken at CES 2010). Quite a few reputable sites reported that new Jinke readers were renders only, and did not actually exist. A few people suggested that they would never appear. These videos obviously contradict those viewpoints.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XhtzrhHNvnw

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VcYZ0dWpdLM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OGmUijTrGdg

The general consensus that the Sipix screen (versus Visplex E-ink) looks a bit darker, and the blacks a bit blacker seems to be the case.
Love the speed of the zoom on the A9. Very interested to see when this becomes available. Looks almost like a perfect academic reader.
Solicitous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2010, 02:42 AM   #17
Javed
Grand Sorcerer
Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Astak Pocket PRO, iPod Touch, PRS-650
The multi-touch and accelerometer look good on the A9!
Javed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2010, 06:45 AM   #18
Nikko73
Enthusiast
Nikko73 is on a distinguished road

Device: Kobo Aura One (after Hanlin, Sony and other Kobo devices)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Solicitous View Post
Love the speed of the zoom on the A9. Very interested to see when this becomes available. Looks almost like a perfect academic reader.
I have many PDFs (d/loaded from openlibrary.org) that are un OCR'd scans. I really hope the A9 can display them in a readable size. I hope they stick to the $320-$330 USD price and then yes it will the ideal academic reader. Nice to see that Hanlin has dropped the Politburo Style too ...
Nikko73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2010, 07:02 AM   #19
Nikko73
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Javed View Post
The multi-touch and accelerometer look good on the A9!
Yes looks very functional ... does the multi-touch mean that gestures can be programmed? Or does it mean that there are several that have been pre-programmed?
Old 02-07-2010, 01:12 PM   #20
Lbooker
Addict
Lbooker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lbooker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lbooker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lbooker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lbooker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lbooker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lbooker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lbooker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lbooker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lbooker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lbooker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-T1
Quote:
The general consensus that the Sipix screen (versus Visplex E-ink) looks a bit darker, and the blacks a bit blacker seems to be the case.
Too bad! Vizplex are already far darker than real books, so a Sipix screen would be a nightmare for me.
How dare they sell something that is worse than what already exists?
Lbooker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2010, 01:34 PM   #21
wallcraft
reader
wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Kobo Glo HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lbooker View Post
How dare they sell something that is worse than what already exists?
It is using a different e-paper technology than the E Ink screens. Its primary selling point is the capacitive touch screen, and perhaps a lower price than Vizplex.
wallcraft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2010, 02:37 AM   #22
Javed
Grand Sorcerer
Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Astak Pocket PRO, iPod Touch, PRS-650
Quote:
Yes looks very functional ... does the multi-touch mean that gestures can be programmed? Or does it mean that there are several that have been pre-programmed?
Multi-touch allows the user to interact with the device by placing two or more fingers directly onto the surface of the screen. The movement of the fingers across the screen creates gestures, which send commands to the device. For example, when two fingers are placed on the screen and then spread apart = zoom in. Two fingers on screen and then brought together means zoom out. The gestures are pre-programmed, I'm not sure if there are further options to program these by users in any devices at this stage.
Javed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2010, 04:14 AM   #23
Luigino
Groupie
Luigino once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Luigino once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Luigino once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Luigino once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Luigino once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Luigino once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Luigino once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Luigino once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Luigino once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Luigino once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Luigino once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: Nothing
Wondering when Hanlin will start to sell A6/A9 products... maybe this year? maybe in 2011?...
Luigino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2010, 04:49 AM   #24
mbovenka
Wizard
mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luigino View Post
Wondering when Hanlin will start to sell A6/A9 products... maybe this year? maybe in 2011?...
In the CES video earlier in the thread the guy said 2nd quarter this year.
mbovenka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2010, 05:17 AM   #25
Nikko73
Enthusiast

Jinke was talking about a March release. Hopefully it will be then or soon after.
Old 02-08-2010, 05:41 AM   #26
Lo Zeno
Addict
Lo Zeno has a spectacular aura aboutLo Zeno has a spectacular aura aboutLo Zeno has a spectacular aura aboutLo Zeno has a spectacular aura aboutLo Zeno has a spectacular aura aboutLo Zeno has a spectacular aura aboutLo Zeno has a spectacular aura aboutLo Zeno has a spectacular aura aboutLo Zeno has a spectacular aura aboutLo Zeno has a spectacular aura aboutLo Zeno has a spectacular aura about

Device: Hanlin V3 (with lBook firmware & OpenInkPot)
The screen looks dark indeed... it's a shame, because otherwise I would buy it before you could say "Jinke". Now I'll have to check the effect in real life, hoping that the youtube videos make it look darker than what it really is. I don't mind if it is "a little darker" than Vizplex's e-Ink, but I would really be pissed if it were MUCH darker.

I'll have to wait until I can see one in my hands.
Lo Zeno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2010, 05:43 AM   #27
LARdT
The LARdT of E-Books
LARdT began at the beginning.

Device: HANLIN V3ext (Papyre 6.1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luigino View Post
You may follow the info updates at http://mipapyreebookreader.blogspot.com/search/label/A6

HANLIN: "We will start mass production on the 2nd trimester of 2010"

GRAMMATA: "We will receive A9 first units in April" (which does not mean selling to the public")
LARdT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2010, 11:42 AM   #28
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB 1150, EZ Reader, Literati, iPad 2 & Air 2, iPhone 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lo Zeno View Post
The screen looks dark indeed... it's a shame, because otherwise I would buy it before you could say "Jinke". Now I'll have to check the effect in real life, hoping that the youtube videos make it look darker than what it really is. I don't mind if it is "a little darker" than Vizplex's e-Ink, but I would really be pissed if it were MUCH darker.

I'll have to wait until I can see one in my hands.
I have one of the new screens and to me it looks ok. Yes it is a little darker but in even indirect sunlight I don't really notice it when reading on the device. The pictures make it look worse than I believe it is. I think the lower cost and the capacitive touch screen will make it a viable alternative. Hopefully it will help drive down the prices of the PVI screens a bit. Competition is good.

Dale
DaleDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2010, 07:45 AM   #29
eLiNK
Addict
eLiNK got an A in P-Chem.eLiNK got an A in P-Chem.eLiNK got an A in P-Chem.eLiNK got an A in P-Chem.eLiNK got an A in P-Chem.eLiNK got an A in P-Chem.eLiNK got an A in P-Chem.eLiNK got an A in P-Chem.eLiNK got an A in P-Chem.eLiNK got an A in P-Chem.eLiNK got an A in P-Chem.

Device: PRS-505, KDXG
Looking at the specs of the device (A9), it makes me think that is just what I need.
But the somewhat low price make me apprehensive that the quality of the components is sacrificed.

Would my doubts be justified?
eLiNK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2010, 08:00 AM   #30
Luigino
Groupie
Luigino once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Luigino once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Luigino once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Luigino once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Luigino once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Luigino once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Luigino once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Luigino once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Luigino once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Luigino once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Luigino once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: Nothing
Hi eLiNK...

it looks like Astak will have his relative product based on Hanlin's A9 device.. so it's just time to wait...

Ciao,
Luigi
Luigino is offline   Reply With Quote