Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Reading Recommendations

Notices

Old 04-07-2012, 01:10 PM   #751
alansplace
Grand Sorcerer
alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindles K-2, K-KB, PW 1 & 2, Voyage, Fire 2, 5 & HD 8, Surface 3, iPad
Cool openlibrary.org

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nyssa View Post
None of the libraries in my county have e-books and the closest one to allow non-resident lending is approx. 3 hours away.
http://openlibrary.org/
alansplace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2012, 02:04 PM   #752
Nyssa
Series Addict
Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite (2nd Gen)
Quote:
Originally Posted by alansplace View Post
Thanks, Alan!

I'm currently working my way through White Night (Dresden #9). I'm enjoying it, but, Its not gripping me the way books 4 through 8 did, for some reason. I might take a break from the Dresdenverse before starting Small Favors....

Of course, every time I try to step away, they pull me back in.
Nyssa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2012, 08:27 PM   #753
Nyssa
Series Addict
Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Thanks, Alan!

I'm currently working my way through White Night (Dresden #9). I'm enjoying it, but, Its not gripping me the way books 4 through 8 did, for some reason. I might take a break from the Dresdenverse before starting Small Favors....

Things picked up for me a few chapters ago (around chapter 28).
Old 04-07-2012, 08:32 PM   #754
alansplace
Grand Sorcerer
alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Cool openlibrary.org

Quote:
None of the libraries in my county have e-books and the closest one to allow non-resident lending is approx. 3 hours away.
Quote:
Quote:
Thanks, Alan!

Is your name Corleone?

I just re-read the entire 750 posts in this thread and while doing so I ran into that old post of yours and responded with info I'd just learned in the past month.
Old 04-07-2012, 08:44 PM   #755
Nyssa
Series Addict

Quote:
Is your name Corleone?

Do you know, I've never seen any of those movies in their entirety?
Old 04-07-2012, 09:05 PM   #756
alansplace
Grand Sorcerer

Cool Just when I thought I was out...they pull me back in.

Quote:

Do you know, I've never seen any of those movies in their entirety?
That's a line from, the third film as delivered by Al Pachino as Michael Corleone and it's close to this, actually, "Just when I thought I was out...they pull me back in."
Old 04-07-2012, 09:23 PM   #757
Nyssa
Series Addict

Quote:
That's a line from, the third film as delivered by Al Pachino as Michael Corleone and it's close to this, actually, "Just when I thought I was out...they pull me back in."
I knew I had the line wrong.

I always seemed to walk in on the most violent scenes...the horse, the ambush at the gate thing, one of the sons beating the carp out of his wife... so I just gave up on the whole series? Trilogy? What is the name for a collection of sequential movies?
Old 04-07-2012, 09:33 PM   #758
alansplace
Grand Sorcerer

Cool openlibrary.org

Quote:
I knew I had the line wrong.

I always seemed to walk in on the most violent scenes...the horse, the ambush at the gate thing, one of the sons beating the carp out of his wife... so I just gave up on the whole series? Trilogy? What is the name for a collection of sequential movies?
....er....three movies!?

By the way, I believe that openlibrary.org has all The Dresden Files and all the Codex Alera in ebook form.
Old 04-07-2012, 10:16 PM   #759
Nyssa
Series Addict

Quote:
....er....three movies!?

Quote:
By the way, I believe that openlibrary.org has all The Dresden Files and all the Codex Alera in ebook form.
I already own all of Dresden but I'll definitely look out for Codex Alera...thanks again.
Old 04-07-2012, 10:46 PM   #760
alansplace
Grand Sorcerer

Cool own all of Dresden

Quote:

I already own all of Dresden but I'll definitely look out for Codex Alera...thanks again.
Oh yeah, you coerced your 'hubby' into buying them!

You're welcome.
Old 04-07-2012, 11:24 PM   #761
Nyssa
Series Addict

White Night (Dresden #9)

Quote:
Oh yeah, you coerced your 'hubby' into buying them!

You're welcome.
Well, it worked, didn't it! Plus he has the joy of knowing story points and plot lines that I don't, as yet.

Speaking of which:

Spoiler:
Molly is ready! The're heading out for her first mission! I hope she does well, even if that just means getting the hell out of dodge. I am just as relieved as she is about her having mouse. LOL
Old 04-08-2012, 11:02 AM   #762
alansplace
Grand Sorcerer

Cool The James Potter Series

Quote:
I was looking for a release date for the fourth James Potter novel, James Potter and the Morrigan Web, and instead found the below letter at the beginning of a 47 page (175 KB) PDF file containing the unedited and unfinished beginning of the unreleased book:

Just posted on Goodreads by G. Norman Lippert:

Quote:
James Potter and the Morrigan Web
You all know I can't stay away from the James Potter world forever. Now that "Ruins of Camelot" is out, I have finally officially returned to the JP series and resumed work on "James Potter and the Morrigan Web".

This book will take us back to Hogwarts, however we will find the school term a rather different experience than ever before. In keeping with the theme of creating parallels between the JP books and their HP counterparts, we will be exploring some additional magical schools (as Ms. Rowling did in "Goblet of Fire").

I won't give too much away, except to say that we should expect to visit some new locations and perhaps even encounter some old familiar faces.

Additionally, we'll be sinking a bit further into the megaplot-- the over-arching story that comprises the entire series. This will involve some serious questions about Petra-- can she really control the evil that lives in her?-- and Judith, the Lady of the Lake-- what is her continuing plan for chaos, and how will it involve her "sister fates", Petra and Izzy?

Of course, we will also be exploring in much more detail the expanding relationships of James, Rose, Ralph, Zane, Scorpius, and many others, including (finally!) Lily, the youngest Potter, who will be attending Hogwarts for the first time.

One last tidbit that might prove interesting: this year will see some much more active involvement from adult Harry himself. We will find that his involvement in the events at the end of "Vault of Destinies" have placed him in a tenuous position with the Ministry, thus forcing him to get rather more creative in his efforts, not only as head Auror, but as husband and father. Harry will prove, methinks, that he is still the stuff of heroes.

If you would like to follow along as the new tale is written, I will be posting page counts, hints and tidbits on the James Potter Series facebook page and the official Hogwarts Next Generation Twitter feed. Sign up, spread the word, and look for the new book this Autumn!

And as always, onward and upward!
Old 04-08-2012, 11:19 AM   #763
Nyssa
Series Addict

White Night (Dresden #9)

I just finished! The last half of the book was definitely better than the first half. It feels odd to have absolutely no idea nor any expectations as to whats going to happen next.
Old 04-08-2012, 06:55 PM   #764
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Here's my cover and one from openlibrary.org.
Thanks but I am still looking for a good quality cover that's an official cover for Summer Kinght.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 05:35 PM   #765
alansplace
Grand Sorcerer

Cool stuff

Quote:
I just finished! The last half of the book was definitely better than the first half. It feels odd to have absolutely no idea nor any expectations as to whats going to happen next.
Ahhh......Small Favor, the beginning of the middle! Lotsa' different stuff going on in this one! Enjoy!

I'm at the midpoint of the Mary Russell series (O Jerusalem) and, similar to The Dresden Files, after finishing one I "just gotta'" go right on to the next one. No stopping me! No sir!

Tags
fantasy series, magic, supernatural, the dresden files, urban fantasy