Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 07-19-2013, 09:26 AM   #511
bookwurm70
Addict
bookwurm70 considers 'yay' to be a thoroughly cromulent word.bookwurm70 considers 'yay' to be a thoroughly cromulent word.bookwurm70 considers 'yay' to be a thoroughly cromulent word.bookwurm70 considers 'yay' to be a thoroughly cromulent word.bookwurm70 considers 'yay' to be a thoroughly cromulent word.bookwurm70 considers 'yay' to be a thoroughly cromulent word.bookwurm70 considers 'yay' to be a thoroughly cromulent word.bookwurm70 considers 'yay' to be a thoroughly cromulent word.bookwurm70 considers 'yay' to be a thoroughly cromulent word.bookwurm70 considers 'yay' to be a thoroughly cromulent word.bookwurm70 considers 'yay' to be a thoroughly cromulent word.

Device: eSlick, Pocketbook IQ, iPad, Kobo Aura, Kobo Aura ONE
Quote:
Originally Posted by luckycharms View Post
Now that I've updated to 2.6.1, I'm seeing a number of tiles on the homepage of my Glo that just say "Downloading". When I "click" on one, it says "Error loading reader! Sorry, we couldn't find a reader for this type of content." Any idea what's going on here?
I just had this happen to me today. Unfortunately, what seemed to trigger it was another issue. I was reading a book that I had bought from Kobo and have been reading on multiple devices. I synced the Aura to get to the correct furthest page and it deleted the book! I synced again but that Kobo book was completely gone. I powered off, then on, and then I started a lot more weirdness and eventually the tiles of missing books.

I have a bunch of books that I had sideloaded, maybe 25 at most.

I sent a message to Kobo help and did a factory reset this morning, figuring the database must have gotten corrupted somehow.

It is just strange that is was my Kobo purchased book that disappeared. All the Kobo books are back since the factory reset, and I'll try to re-side load some books later today.
bookwurm70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2013, 04:02 AM   #512
Risto40
Enthusiast
Risto40 is a marvel to beholdRisto40 is a marvel to beholdRisto40 is a marvel to beholdRisto40 is a marvel to beholdRisto40 is a marvel to beholdRisto40 is a marvel to beholdRisto40 is a marvel to beholdRisto40 is a marvel to beholdRisto40 is a marvel to beholdRisto40 is a marvel to beholdRisto40 is a marvel to behold

Device: Kobo Glo
Location after turning page issue

Hi,
Maybe it has already been reported but I noticed that in the Glo's version of 2.6.1, when reading pdf file in landscape mode and zoomed in, then every time after turning next page, the location of the new page is always bottom left corner (appears at least when the pdf file is located on SD card. Haven't tried if the issue appears when the file is on device storage). Therefore you always have to move the sheet back into the beginning of the page. The bottom-left corner would be the right start point if reading in portrait mode, not in landscape mode.
Risto40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-22-2013, 03:56 PM   #513
YarnerT
YarnerT is a marvel to beholdYarnerT is a marvel to beholdYarnerT is a marvel to beholdYarnerT is a marvel to beholdYarnerT is a marvel to beholdYarnerT is a marvel to beholdYarnerT is a marvel to beholdYarnerT is a marvel to beholdYarnerT is a marvel to beholdYarnerT is a marvel to beholdYarnerT is a marvel to behold

Device: Kobo Touch
Hi Everyone, I have a Kobo touch that is currently on 2.5.2 and it's not updating to the new firmware. Does anyone know why?

Thank you!
YarnerT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2013, 05:23 PM   #514
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
Quote:
Originally Posted by YarnerT View Post
Hi Everyone, I have a Kobo touch that is currently on 2.5.2 and it's not updating to the new firmware. Does anyone know why?

Thank you!
Sigh.. 2.5.2 IS current for the Touch.
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2013, 06:27 PM   #515
jiminrussell
JimInRussell
jiminrussell is at one with the great books of the world.jiminrussell is at one with the great books of the world.jiminrussell is at one with the great books of the world.jiminrussell is at one with the great books of the world.jiminrussell is at one with the great books of the world.jiminrussell is at one with the great books of the world.jiminrussell is at one with the great books of the world.jiminrussell is at one with the great books of the world.jiminrussell is at one with the great books of the world.jiminrussell is at one with the great books of the world.jiminrussell is at one with the great books of the world.

Device: kobo Aura One, Forma, Elipsa, Sage
You sure about that Peter? As far as I know 2.6.1 is the most current for the Touch and 2.6.2 is the most current for the mini.
jiminrussell is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-22-2013, 06:40 PM   #516
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by jiminrussell View Post
You sure about that Peter? As far as I know 2.6.1 is the most current for the Touch and 2.6.2 is the most current for the mini.
There are three different versions of the Touch. The N905 and N905B will be on 2.5.2. The N905C should be on 2.6.1 or 2.6.2.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote