Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 12-25-2012, 01:43 AM   #22681
CRussel
(he/him/his)
CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis (Gen3),Paperwhite (Gen10), Voyage, Paperwhite(orig), Fire HD 8
A happy holiday to all of you. I toast you with my Lagavulin. You have made a nice place to hang out and have improved my knowledge of teas (and single malts) and all sorts of other things while making a welcoming place.

Thank you.
CRussel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2012, 06:05 AM   #22682
Stitchawl
Opsimath
Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650, iPhone 5, Kobo Glo, Sony PRS-350, iPad, Samsung Galaxy
Hot Keemun tea. Perfect follow-up to a nice Christmas chili!

My wife surprised me with a new pair of riding gloves. Battery-powered electrically heated winter gloves with three heat settings. I took them out for a test late this afternoon, riding in 6° weather at 50kph (so with the wind-chill factor... about -20?) and I had to use the medium setting. The high setting was too hot! This is going to be a nice winter!

Stitchawl
Stitchawl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2012, 06:44 AM   #22683
VydorScope
Wizard
VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
How bulky are they? Can you use your phone with them on?
VydorScope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2012, 06:44 AM   #22684
VydorScope
Wizard
VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
Well its Christmas here in vacation land... so MERRY CHRISTMAS TO ALL!
VydorScope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2012, 06:59 AM   #22685
bjones6416
↓↓ Skirt!! Earrings!!
bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Acer netbook, JetBook Lite, Sony PRS-300, Kindle 2, Kindle Fire
Sipping coffee while wrapped in my Snuggie in front of a beautiful crackling fire. (Okay, the fireplace is really "Fireplace for Your Home " playing on my TV, courtesy of my new Roku player.) I'll leave in a little while to go and have breakfast and dinner at my sister's house. Happy Christmas to you all! You've helped me through a difficult year. I always knew that at least one of you was sitting in there at our MR table, ready to visit. Hugs all around!
bjones6416 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2012, 08:45 AM   #22686
red_phoenix
Grand Sorcerer
red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-T1
Merry Christmas and the best of the Season to everyone. I hope everyone has or has had (depending on your timezone) a wonderful time.
red_phoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2012, 08:46 AM   #22687
desertblues
Home for the moment
desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: various
Hugs, Betty

In my cup: cold I-don't- know-which-tea
In my hand: last of the Christmas chocolates
desertblues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2012, 09:09 AM   #22688
Stitchawl
Opsimath
Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VydorScope View Post
How bulky are they?
Not quite as bulky as most winter riding gloves that use an inside liner, plus the extra thickness where the battery sits in the cuff. Actually, I'll have to modify the cuff, making it larger, as I prefer it outside my jacket. Just a cut and add a gusset...

Quote:
Can you use your phone with them on?
Yes... and no.
No, because they have leather fingers with a Gore-tex type membrane inside, so no conductivity.

But yes, because I have my phone and my GPS routed via Bluetooth through the new Sena hub to my helmet communicator. When the phone rings, it plays through my helmet speakers alerting me. I then can press a button on the communicator body to switch to the phone circuit (This image shows the Sena communicator, but I use a smaller Japanese unit.) and speak via the helmet mic when I pull over. I can use the voice commands on my phone to call out. I could do it without the Sena hub, but then my wife wouldn't be on the same channel. With the hub, we can have full duplex communication, as well as both receiving full stereo, GPS, and phone if needed. When I ride alone, I don't use the hub.

Stitchawl
Old 12-25-2012, 09:10 AM   #22689
ProfCrash
Tea Enthusiast
ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle1, Kindle DX Graphite, K3 3G, IPad 3, PW2
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertblues View Post
Hugs, Betty

In my cup: cold I-don't- know-which-tea
In my hand: last of the Christmas chocolates
LOL We just had breakfast. Eggs, bacon, and homemade sticky buns. Adults are napping, kids are playing, and Lucas is snuggling. A wonderful Christmas morning.
ProfCrash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2012, 09:12 AM   #22690
Stitchawl
Opsimath

We just watched Clarance get his wings too. If you can believe it, I've never seen it before! And of course, neither had my wife. Now I understand why everyone always talks about it. Good feelings!

Stitchawl
Old 12-25-2012, 09:22 AM   #22691
vivaldirules
When's Doughnut Day?
vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505, iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stitchawl View Post
We just watched Clarance get his wings too. If you can believe it, I've never seen it before! And of course, neither had my wife. Now I understand why everyone always talks about it. Good feelings!

Stitchawl
My favorite movie by far. I saw it first when I was in my 30's. Lovely, isn't it?
vivaldirules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2012, 09:32 AM   #22692
Stitchawl
Opsimath

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivaldirules View Post
My favorite movie by far. I saw it first when I was in my 30's. Lovely, isn't it?

Well... it wouldn't be my very favorite... That would be 'Seven Brides for Seven Brothers,' but it would certainly come in a close second! Really nice vibes! I can see why so many people watch it year after year. I certainly will now! But when Adam Potaby comes to town to find a wife.... That's hard to beat!

Stitchawl
Old 12-25-2012, 11:04 AM   #22693
ProfCrash
Tea Enthusiast
ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle1, Kindle DX Graphite, K3 3G, IPad 3, PW2
Love Actually is my favorite Christmas movie
ProfCrash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2012, 12:51 PM   #22694
desertblues
Home for the moment
desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: various
2 nd Christmas dinner down.....one to go

In my cup: hot Arabica coffee
desertblues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2012, 07:47 PM   #22695
Stitchawl
Opsimath

Whose woods these are I think I know.
His house is in the village though;
He will not see me stopping here
To watch his woods fill up with snow.

My little horse must think it queer
To stop without a farmhouse near
Between the woods and frozen lake
The darkest evening of the year.

He gives his harness bells a shake
To ask if there is some mistake.
The only other sound's the sweep
Of easy wind and downy flake.

The woods are lovely, dark and deep.
But I have promises to keep,
And miles to go before I sleep,
And miles to go before I sleep.

Good morning, everyone! I hope you had a wonderful holiday, doing the things you wanted to do, eating all the goodies, and, gosh, even if you had to drink old Scotch, I hope you enjoyed it. Now, sitting around a playing with your new toys... I was going to wear my new gloves but they make typing difficult.

But I'm drinking a big mug of "Yorkshire" tea, have a bowl of miso soup and a plate of veggies beside it to wake me up before we begin our walks, climbs, and chores. Japan is preparing to shut down for a few days, so there are things to do before the stores close. It used to be much worse 10 years ago. EVERYTHING was closed until Jan.4th. And I mean everything! These days all the convenience stores and supermarkets stay open, and many of the shops in the malls. But at least half will close, the post office and banks shut down, etc.

People here do their New Year's Cleaning instead of Spring Cleaning, and folks will travel to the home towns for big family dinners. The government makes all Expressway toll free regardless of distance and there will be 25km traffic jams all over Japan. We'll either stay home, walk, or take the bike!

Stitchawl

Tags
languages, tea enthusiasts, what is in your cup?