Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 06-02-2010, 12:34 AM   #1
FizzyWater
You kids get off my lawn!
FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 2 and Libra H2O and half a dozen older models I can't let go of
Angry Fictionwise's current "anti-deal"

Well...I used to love Fictionwise.

Do yourself a favor. If you're interested in any of the four books in Fictionwise's Daily Special section, look elsewhere (like Inmesh).

These are all books that have been offered for free for the last year.

The Harlequin books are all still free on this site, but it looks like only in PDF format these days.

But Inkmesh is still listing sites where these can be found free.

It's just low of Fictionwise to offer them as "special deals"!
Attached Images
File Type: bmp Fictionwise_Daily_Special_June1.bmp (332.7 KB, 264 views)
FizzyWater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2010, 10:14 AM   #2
orwell2k
Addict
orwell2k can extract oil from cheeseorwell2k can extract oil from cheeseorwell2k can extract oil from cheeseorwell2k can extract oil from cheeseorwell2k can extract oil from cheeseorwell2k can extract oil from cheeseorwell2k can extract oil from cheeseorwell2k can extract oil from cheeseorwell2k can extract oil from cheese

Device: PocketBook 360°, BeBook (Hanlin V3), iRex DR1000S, iPad
For me FW went from being a great option for choice and price a year ago to my last resort when I can't find a book elsewhere (or if by some miracle the FW price is lowest, which hasn't happened for the past 6 months at least).

As a non-US resident (i.e. highly discriminated against in terms of price and geo restrictions) FW has gone down to the bottom of the pile - and it's a big pile now! Most of their worthwhile titles are tied up with the Geo restrictions - I guess it used to be similar in the past, but you could easily work-around it with a little effort. Not so now.

And then there are the not-so-special deals they purport to offer. All-in-all, rather unattractive to me...
orwell2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-03-2010, 04:02 PM   #3
MichaelFStewart
Where tech and story meet
MichaelFStewart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MichaelFStewart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MichaelFStewart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MichaelFStewart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MichaelFStewart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MichaelFStewart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MichaelFStewart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MichaelFStewart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MichaelFStewart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MichaelFStewart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MichaelFStewart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
This is really too bad. For many small presses and PODs Fictionwise is 80% of sales, oddly enough.
MichaelFStewart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2010, 02:37 AM   #4
rgeorg
Guru
rgeorg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rgeorg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rgeorg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rgeorg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rgeorg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rgeorg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rgeorg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rgeorg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rgeorg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rgeorg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rgeorg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3/3G(2x), Glo HD, Amazon Voyage
I don't know - I think that their 40% off multi-format (except Samhain books) is a good deal. I bought around 10 ebooks last weekend from fictionwise and the micropay rebate+sale prices totaled to great prices (avg $3.50 per book). I had no problems with geographic restrictions (I am in Greece) even for the DRMed new-release books.
rgeorg is offline   Reply With Quote