Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > PocketBook

Notices

Old 04-08-2011, 09:36 AM   #586
m@rcus
m@rcus has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.m@rcus has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.m@rcus has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Pocketbook Pro 903
It seems to me, that autoupdate is the safest working way. When I tryied autoupdate with image already downloaded on SD card, PB shows message like - image downloaded, do you want to update? After that, everything (with 1 reset because reader was not responding) went OK. I had downloaded NA version. Second try with LIBRI version was unsuccesfull - maybe PB has detected same number of version. Beacause of that, I cannot compare differencie between NA and LIBRI version. My advice - try to use autoupdate, it may work.

And Paola - try download new firmware with PC, transfer it to PB and then use autoupdate.
m@rcus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2011, 03:57 PM   #587
paola
Wizard
paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Pro 903, (beloved Pocketbook 360 RIP), Kobo Mini, Kobo Aura
Quote:
Originally Posted by m@rcus View Post
It seems to me, that autoupdate is the safest working way. When I tryied autoupdate with image already downloaded on SD card, PB shows message like - image downloaded, do you want to update? After that, everything (with 1 reset because reader was not responding) went OK. I had downloaded NA version. Second try with LIBRI version was unsuccesfull - maybe PB has detected same number of version. Beacause of that, I cannot compare differencie between NA and LIBRI version. My advice - try to use autoupdate, it may work.

And Paola - try download new firmware with PC, transfer it to PB and then use autoupdate.
thanks for the tip - however, I am very stubborn , so insisted with the download (and suspect that the previous abort was due to the device going into sleep), and succeeded - with loads of book on the device. Not too sure where it was downloaded for, the info states: "Software version E903.2.0.6 20110331_125441"
paola is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-08-2011, 04:32 PM   #588
skydive
Addict
skydive knows what is on the back of the AURYN.skydive knows what is on the back of the AURYN.skydive knows what is on the back of the AURYN.skydive knows what is on the back of the AURYN.skydive knows what is on the back of the AURYN.skydive knows what is on the back of the AURYN.skydive knows what is on the back of the AURYN.skydive knows what is on the back of the AURYN.skydive knows what is on the back of the AURYN.skydive knows what is on the back of the AURYN.skydive knows what is on the back of the AURYN.

Device: Pocketbook 902 Ver 2.1.3, Virgin Nook STR & Rooted Nook Color CM7
look like you have the latest FW
Quote:
Originally Posted by paola View Post
thanks for the tip - however, I am very stubborn , so insisted with the download (and suspect that the previous abort was due to the device going into sleep), and succeeded - with loads of book on the device. Not too sure where it was downloaded for, the info states: "Software version E903.2.0.6 20110331_125441"
skydive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2011, 05:36 PM   #589
m@rcus
m@rcus has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.m@rcus has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.m@rcus has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Pocketbook Pro 903
Quote:
Originally Posted by paola View Post
Not too sure where it was downloaded for, the info states: "Software version E903.2.0.6 20110331_125441"
I have D903.2.0.6 20110331_130711. It should be the LIBRI version. And before, with NA version I remember, it begins with W. Can anyone verify it?
m@rcus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2011, 06:40 PM   #590
zebrella
zebrella began at the beginning.

Device: PB Pro 602, PB IQ 701, Nook
download successful

Just for letting everyone know.

I'm in the US. I have a 602 and I had firmware 2.0.4 installed on my device. I downloaded 2.0.5 manually and installed it the old way. No problem.
I then wanted to see the update feature in the maintenance and I tried it. After a few attempts to connect to my network, the device detected a new version, 2.0.6, and asked me to download it. I said yes. It did without a problem. Then it automatically unzipped it (graphic illustrating the action) and installed the firmware.

I am very happy with this new update feature and I have nothing to complain about it.

I keep enjoying reading on my 602. Keep up the good work!
zebrella is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-09-2011, 12:39 PM   #591
paola
Wizard
paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by m@rcus View Post
I have D903.2.0.6 20110331_130711. It should be the LIBRI version. And before, with NA version I remember, it begins with W. Can anyone verify it?
umh, mine might be the CIS version then (which could explain the "info" in cyrillic, although the info might be in cyrillic for the online update feature anyway).
Old 04-11-2011, 10:01 AM   #592
dpayment
Connoisseur
dpayment will become famous soon enoughdpayment will become famous soon enoughdpayment will become famous soon enoughdpayment will become famous soon enoughdpayment will become famous soon enoughdpayment will become famous soon enough

Device: PocketBook Pro 902, EB-1150, PRS505, PRS700, Jetbook, Hanlin V3, Kobo
Thumbs up Re: New Firmware

To add my 2 cents, I did the update last night on my 902, went from 2.0.5 to 2.0.6 using the WiFi connection, and everything went flawlessly. Thus far there don't appear to be any issues with 2.0.6.

Only thing I really hate though is that my startup and shutdown logos change every time I do an update. Not a big thing, it's pretty easy to change them back, but it is a pain in the butt!

Dan

Quote:
Originally Posted by zebrella View Post

I'm in the US. I have a 602 and I had firmware 2.0.4 installed on my device. I downloaded 2.0.5 manually and installed it the old way. No problem.
I then wanted to see the update feature in the maintenance and I tried it. After a few attempts to connect to my network, the device detected a new version, 2.0.6, and asked me to download it. I said yes. It did without a problem. Then it automatically unzipped it (graphic illustrating the action) and installed the firmware.

I am very happy with this new update feature and I have nothing to complain about it.

dpayment is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2011, 01:02 PM   #593
sergio13
Connoisseur
sergio13 began at the beginning.

Device: none
Quote:

What's about your dictionaries ? :-(
sergio13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2011, 03:27 PM   #594
zebrella

They are fine, I don't use the ones provided by default.
Old 04-12-2011, 01:00 PM   #595
sergio13
Connoisseur
sergio13 began at the beginning.

Device: none
Quote:
They are fine, I don't use the ones provided by default.
:-(
many people lost some dictionaries with this update !!
sergio13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2011, 11:53 AM   #596
zebrella

If anyone had saved them before the new fw and can share them here, you would just need to put them back on the system/dictionaries folder.
Old 04-13-2011, 01:04 PM   #597
J.C.
Addict
J.C. could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.J.C. could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.J.C. could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.J.C. could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.J.C. could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.J.C. could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.J.C. could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.J.C. could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.J.C. could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.J.C. could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.J.C. could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.

Device: ONYX BOOX Note Air3 C
Not sure if that would work as the ones that expire aren't placed there and there was also some mention of license files so these dictionaries are probably in a different format.
J.C. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2011, 01:50 PM   #598
zebrella

I see, sorry.
Nobody had found before where these dictionaries were?
We need someone still in the 2.04 version to look at it.
Old 04-14-2011, 05:27 AM   #599
Inagua
Inagua began at the beginning.

Device: pb pro 903
Hey, can somebody please post a link to download the 2.0.4 firmware? I want to switch back, because of the bad pdf support in 2.0.6 (no scrolling). I need the European version and I'd appreciate that very much.
Inagua is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2011, 06:19 AM   #600
paola
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inagua View Post
Hey, can somebody please post a link to download the 2.0.4 firmware? I want to switch back, because of the bad pdf support in 2.0.6 (no scrolling). I need the European version and I'd appreciate that very much.
this thread

Inagua, check the top mesage in this thread