Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Feedback

Notices

Old 05-20-2015, 03:07 PM   #1
Alan_S
Evangelist
Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O, Kobo Aura ONE
Moderator Notice - How is this made?

I just saw this moderator's notice: https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...postcount=1184

I'm owner of vB based forum and was looking for some time for mod that would do something similar. Do you use mod for that effect? Is it custom made for MobileRead, or is it something from vborg?

Thanks in advance.
Alan_S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2015, 02:39 AM   #2
Jellby
frumious Bandersnatch
Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook Orizon, Kobo Aura
As far as I know, the current board is extensively modified and customized by Alex, the owner, to suit MR needs and tastes, and the [mod] tag is one of the custom features.
Jellby is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-21-2015, 01:08 PM   #3
Alan_S
Evangelist
Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O, Kobo Aura ONE
Tonight I got idea that this is probably BBcode ([mod] tag BBcode) with additional use of Abe's mod for controlling which usergroups can use it. I'm talking about this mod.

As I see, user couldn't even see BBcode tag, which is good to know.

Thanks for confirming this information to me. This really helps, as I already knew about Abe's mod, but never did actually used it. Only problem is that I'm on vB4, and MobileRead is on vB3, so I'll need a bit of testing before I start using Abe's mod (it's a bit outdated and it's possible that it doesn't work completely or at all with vB4).

Anyway, this is great and simple idea from the owner Alex, I wish I had it before. I even asked some coders if they can make mod with similar functionality.

EDIT: Just tested on my test site, [mod] BBcode is visible to users when Abe's mod is used, but isn't parsed, so you probably use some other mod, probably custom made.

Last edited by Alan_S; 05-21-2015 at 02:42 PM.
Alan_S is offline   Reply With Quote