Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Uploads - Patricia Clark Memorial Library > Other Books

Notices

Old 03-06-2008, 09:02 AM   #1
Jellby
frumious Bandersnatch
Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook Orizon, Kobo Aura
Post Carroll, Lewis: Alice's Adventures in Wonderland (Illus.) PDF (9x12cm) v3 11 Dec 2012

I don't think "Alice's Adventures in Wonderland" needs any presentation, but anyway, it's a humoristic nonsense story for children of all ages, written by Lewis Carroll (pseudonym of Charles Lutwidge Dodgson) and published in 1865. In this book Alice meets the White Rabbit, the Mad Hatter and the March Hare, the Cheshire Cat, and the Queen of Hearts. This version is illustrated with all the original 42 drawings by John Tenniel.

Don't miss the sequel: Through the Looking Glass.

I created the PDF from the Project Gutenberg text, with pdflatex. The book is nicely formatted and typeset, with table of contents, etc. It's also proofread. It has minimal margins, and 9pt font size ("-ss" stands for small screen), it may be too small for some people, but the source files are available on request if someone wants to try different settings.

I also added a "chapterbar" to the top of every page. It has two bars marking the progress on the whole book and on the current chapter, which I hope are unobtrusive and helpful enough.

Any kind of feedback is welcome.

EDIT (v2): Fixed a typo in the title page.

EDIT (v3): Fixed a typo and a couple of indentation issues. Added the Christmas-greetings.

(previous download count: 1300)
This work is assumed to be in the Life+70 public domain OR the copyright holder has given specific permission for distribution. Copyright laws differ throughout the world, and it may still be under copyright in some countries. Before downloading, please check your country's copyright laws. If the book is under copyright in your country, do not download or redistribute this work.

To report a copyright violation you can contact us here.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf AliceWonderland-ss.pdf (4.78 MB, 898 views)

Last edited by Jellby; 12-11-2012 at 03:13 PM.
Jellby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2008, 01:05 AM   #2
Dave Berk
Fanatic
Dave Berk can fool all of the people all of the time.Dave Berk can fool all of the people all of the time.Dave Berk can fool all of the people all of the time.Dave Berk can fool all of the people all of the time.Dave Berk can fool all of the people all of the time.Dave Berk can fool all of the people all of the time.Dave Berk can fool all of the people all of the time.Dave Berk can fool all of the people all of the time.Dave Berk can fool all of the people all of the time.Dave Berk can fool all of the people all of the time.Dave Berk can fool all of the people all of the time.

Device: PRS505
Thanks!!
Dave Berk is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-23-2008, 07:30 PM   #3
libelul
libelul began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Good evening one and all. I purchased a Kindle yesterday and should be receiving it tomorrow. While anxiously awaiting its delivery, I decided to look at what's available and have noted that some free books are available.
Looking around, I noted that Charles Dodgson is on the list, so I chose Alice.
libelul
libelul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2008, 07:48 PM   #4
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB 1150, EZ Reader, Literati, iPad 2 & Air 2, iPhone 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by libelul View Post
Good evening one and all. I purchased a Kindle yesterday and should be receiving it tomorrow. While anxiously awaiting its delivery, I decided to look at what's available and have noted that some free books are available.
Looking around, I noted that Charles Dodgson is on the list, so I chose Alice.
libelul
Kindle doesn't read PDF directly. You are better off download the Mobi version.

Dale
DaleDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2008, 08:30 PM   #5
barnes
barnes began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-500...LOVE IT!
I love this book...classic. Thanks!
barnes is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-26-2008, 08:41 AM   #6
AlfonsVH
Addict
AlfonsVH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlfonsVH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlfonsVH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlfonsVH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlfonsVH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlfonsVH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlfonsVH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlfonsVH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlfonsVH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlfonsVH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlfonsVH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: BeBook Neo
The chapterbar is great! How to do such a thing?
AlfonsVH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2008, 05:07 AM   #7
Jellby
frumious Bandersnatch
Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlfonsVH View Post
The chapterbar is great! How to do such a thing?
It's just a bit of programming with tikz (a LaTeX package). I don't think you can create anything similar with Word or the like, at least not without a lot of manual work.
Old 07-04-2009, 08:57 AM   #8
cbell
Frenetic
cbell can illuminate an eclipsecbell can illuminate an eclipsecbell can illuminate an eclipsecbell can illuminate an eclipsecbell can illuminate an eclipsecbell can illuminate an eclipsecbell can illuminate an eclipsecbell can illuminate an eclipsecbell can illuminate an eclipsecbell can illuminate an eclipsecbell can illuminate an eclipse

Device: iLiad V2
Thank you, Jellby. This is a wonderful version of a classic book!
cbell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2010, 06:05 AM   #9
jescudero.bus
jescudero.bus began at the beginning.

Device: hanlin3
Ohhh! this was exactly what i wass looking for, Alice adventures in Wonderland ant writen in Latex. I Want to create a spanish version of the book whit the same quality, Can you send me the latex script?
jescudero.bus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 03:13 PM   #10
Jellby
frumious Bandersnatch

Thanks to pynch's work on Carroll's Complete Works, a typo and a couple of indentation problems have been found, and I've decided to include an introductory poem that seems to have been written after the original publication.

Uploaded v3.

Tags
fantasy, humor, nonsense