Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Barnes & Noble NOOK

Notices

Old 12-21-2010, 10:46 PM   #1
Radiorox
Radiorox began at the beginning.

Device: The Book
Talking Just got my Nook! Merry X-mas to Me! :D

Wooooh! So, after much deliberating between the Sony, Kindle and Nook, the B&N/eBay/refurb thang did me in. The price was great - under $130 and it arrived in 2 days!

So, I charged it and playing with it and, thus far it's pretty cool. There are a few things that I think B&N should have done in regards to the "shelves" and displays and such but, it's still very nifty.

One of the things I didn't like about the Kindle was the keypad at the bottom so I do like the touch screen. It's a little sensitive I think but, then I just need to get used to that. I'm going to get the jelly cover for it + a screen protector.

I was surprised at how fast the two books I bought on BN came in. Less than a minute.

Now just going to mess around with uploading some fanfiction I have hanging around the computer.

I'm sure I'll add more of a review as I go along.

Jackie.
Radiorox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2010, 11:02 PM   #2
Care
Aes Sedai
Care has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.Care has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.Care has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.Care has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.Care has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.Care has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.Care has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.Care has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.Care has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.Care has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.Care has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.

Device: Kobo Aura and Kobo Mini, had a Nook, NOOKcolor, Nook STR.
Yay! I am sure you will love it.
Care is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-21-2010, 11:57 PM   #3
The Joker
Addict
The Joker has learned how to read e-booksThe Joker has learned how to read e-booksThe Joker has learned how to read e-booksThe Joker has learned how to read e-booksThe Joker has learned how to read e-booksThe Joker has learned how to read e-booksThe Joker has learned how to read e-books

Device: NookColor.........rooted
I got my Xmas gift yesterday.....ended up going with the nookcolor......although I did love the Eink of the nook, I couldn't resist the features on the nookcolor...I'm extremely happy with my decision, as I'm sure you are too....

Merry Xmas....
The Joker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2010, 09:36 AM   #4
Care
Aes Sedai
Care has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.Care has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.Care has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.Care has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.Care has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.Care has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.Care has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.Care has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.Care has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.Care has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.Care has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.

Device: Kobo Aura and Kobo Mini, had a Nook, NOOKcolor, Nook STR.
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Joker View Post
I got my Xmas gift yesterday.....ended up going with the nookcolor......although I did love the Eink of the nook, I couldn't resist the features on the nookcolor...I'm extremely happy with my decision, as I'm sure you are too....

Merry Xmas....
Merry Christmas to you! Luck you, the NC is great!
Care is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2010, 10:06 AM   #5
boswd
Banned
boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: The Nook, Nook color and Droid X
congratulations, you'll enjoy it
boswd is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-22-2010, 11:37 AM   #6
SCION
Séduisant
SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Note Air2+; Kobo Libra2; Kindle Scribe, Oasis3; iPad Mini6
Enjoy!
SCION is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2010, 09:41 PM   #7
fascha
fascha began at the beginning.

Device: nook
So jealous! I wanted to save on shipping so I'm waiting for a family friend to smuggle mine back mid-January (Canada). I'm somewhat regretting it now because I'm bookless for the holidays LOL

ENJOY!
fascha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2010, 02:24 PM   #8
Radiorox
Radiorox began at the beginning.

Device: The Book
It was a toss up between the original Nook and the NC but, wound up with it on two things 1) price and 2) battery life.
Radiorox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2010, 06:31 PM   #9
KryptoNyte
Shepherd
KryptoNyte will become famous soon enoughKryptoNyte will become famous soon enoughKryptoNyte will become famous soon enoughKryptoNyte will become famous soon enoughKryptoNyte will become famous soon enoughKryptoNyte will become famous soon enough

Device: Nook Color, LG Optimus V
Yeah, the battery on the original Nook is rediculous! Seems like a fantastic eReader.

Merry Christmas, Radiorox.
KryptoNyte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2010, 07:26 PM   #10
slayda
Retired & reading more!
slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 1, iPad Air 2, iPhone 6S+, Kobo Aura One
I can unwrap mine tomorrow.
slayda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2010, 08:22 PM   #11
carbphrek
carbphrek will become famous soon enoughcarbphrek will become famous soon enoughcarbphrek will become famous soon enoughcarbphrek will become famous soon enoughcarbphrek will become famous soon enoughcarbphrek will become famous soon enough

Device: Nook, NC
Have fun and do not stay up too late playing with your new uhmmmh ahhh..toy.
carbphrek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2010, 09:23 PM   #12
gtriever
Addict
gtriever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gtriever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gtriever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gtriever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gtriever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gtriever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gtriever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gtriever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gtriever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gtriever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gtriever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma
Quote:
Originally Posted by carbphrek View Post
Have fun and do not stay up too late playing with your new uhmmmh ahhh..toy.
No... the Nook Color is the "toy".
gtriever is offline   Reply With Quote