Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > News

Notices

Old 02-17-2012, 04:57 PM   #31
MrsJoseph
Loves Ellipsis...
MrsJoseph ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrsJoseph ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrsJoseph ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrsJoseph ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrsJoseph ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrsJoseph ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrsJoseph ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrsJoseph ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrsJoseph ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrsJoseph ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrsJoseph ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Wifi (broken), nook STR (returned), Kobo Touch, Sony T1
I've been trying to hold out on an iPad. To be honest...what I really want is a mounted all in one touch screen PC in my kitchen so I can pull up all my recipes, check out websites and watch TV while in the kitchen.

Sony's computer was looking mighty sweet...

...till I realized it was $1k. I don't have that kind of money...and now I'm wondering if I can manage to get an iPad mounted without destroying it...
MrsJoseph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2012, 05:15 PM   #32
Andrew H.
Grand Master of Flowers
Andrew H. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andrew H. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andrew H. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andrew H. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andrew H. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andrew H. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andrew H. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andrew H. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andrew H. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andrew H. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andrew H. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW, Kindle 3 (aka Keyboard), iPhone, iPad 3 (not for reading)
Quote:
Originally Posted by afv011 View Post
And it keeps on giving!

Honestly, I don't understand why some people get so worked out, the OP expressed his/her opinion, you don't have to agree, just express your different opinion and move on.
I don't care what his opinion is about Apple, but his "opinion" in his post was that certain other users are idiots. Not all opinions are right, or should be tolerated on a message board used by a lot of different people.
Andrew H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-17-2012, 09:32 PM   #33
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moto E6, Echo Show
Quote:
Originally Posted by catsittingstill View Post
So if you like something else--go for it! Hell, tell me what you like about it; maybe there's something wonderful out there I haven't found yet.
I have an iPod touch also. It's a great stay-at-home device. I use it for internet radio and audiobooks. With speaker docks in several rooms, it's easy to continue my listening as I move about the house.

For a traveling device, it sucks. No expansion slot, no GPS, no compass, the display is too small, and the cameras suck.
tubemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2012, 09:47 PM   #34
leebase
Karma Kameleon
leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini, iPhone X, Kindle Fire Tab HD 8, Walmart Onn
Quote:
Originally Posted by cjr72 View Post
And when the iPad3 is released...

When will Apple learn not to cannibalize there own products? Clearly they need a new management team. I hear Kodak's will soon be available...
Kodak....lol!

Lee
leebase is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2012, 09:49 PM   #35
leebase
Karma Kameleon
leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini, iPhone X, Kindle Fire Tab HD 8, Walmart Onn
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsJoseph View Post
I've been trying to hold out on an iPad. To be honest...what I really want is a mounted all in one touch screen PC in my kitchen so I can pull up all my recipes, check out websites and watch TV while in the kitchen.
There are a lot of great cooking apps...complete with videos....for the iPad.

Lee
leebase is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-17-2012, 09:57 PM   #36
plib
Guru
plib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.plib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.plib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.plib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.plib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.plib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.plib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.plib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.plib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.plib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.plib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch
The final word?

I want an iPhone 4

(Note: Language probably not safe for the sensitive, and fanb**'s)

Last edited by plib; 02-17-2012 at 10:05 PM.
plib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2012, 10:14 AM   #37
Sil_liS
Wizard
Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PocketBook 903 & 360+
This article predicts the collapse of PCs has an interesting graph of platforms over the decades:

I wonder how many will survive the next decade.
Sil_liS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2012, 01:02 PM   #38
SeaKing
Frequent Flier
SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KB kindle aboard, Galx Tab 7.0 Plus, trying out Droid 1 as mini-tab
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sil_liS View Post
This article predicts the collapse of PCs has an interesting graph of platforms over the decades:

I wonder how many will survive the next decade.
Man, that is one great chart. Even back to the Commodore and more.

There was another popular computer back before and during the Commodore 64 days, the VIC 20.

I am going to load up my automatic k' cannon for you.

Last edited by SeaKing; 02-21-2012 at 04:07 PM.
SeaKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2012, 01:48 PM   #39
elcreative
Wizard
elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS505, 600, 350, 650, Nexus 7, Note III, iPad 4 etc
Trouble with charts of this nature, they don't show like vs like... PCs covers a multitude of sins over many years whereas C64 or Atari are single products (the Atari 400 was just a sawn down 800) or devices that had a very limited range of models by comparison... and where's the abacus?

Last edited by elcreative; 02-18-2012 at 01:52 PM.
elcreative is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2012, 05:11 PM   #40
andym
Groupie
andym has learned how to read e-booksandym has learned how to read e-booksandym has learned how to read e-booksandym has learned how to read e-booksandym has learned how to read e-booksandym has learned how to read e-booksandym has learned how to read e-books

Quote:
Originally Posted by DuckieTigger View Post
No, you misunderstand. If you acutally meant what you said, you would not have lifted a finger in replying. Why did you even bother to look at the thread if all you going to say is that people need to stop complaining about apple. You can do that, by not reading about it in the first place ...

So far as I'm concerned good for him for challenging some of the crap that fills this forum. I look at it now again but quickly decide to stop wasting my time.
andym is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2012, 05:46 PM   #41
Sil_liS
Wizard
Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PocketBook 903 & 360+
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaKing View Post
Man, that is one great chart. Even back to the Commodore and more.
It puts things in perspective. There were multiple options but the consumers chose the best 2 options, leaving the others in the dust. I think that more than 2 can emerge from the current options since people can afford to have multiple devices. The sale of PC's (generic use of the term, not only windows) has reached a plateau because most people are just buying to upgrade their system. The number of people buying their first PC would be offset by those that switch from PC to mobile.

Quote:
Originally Posted by elcreative View Post
Trouble with charts of this nature, they don't show like vs like... PCs covers a multitude of sins over many years whereas C64 or Atari are single products (the Atari 400 was just a sawn down 800) or devices that had a very limited range of models by comparison... and where's the abacus?
You can also view it as a matter of evolution. The more variation, the higher the chance of survival.
Sil_liS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2012, 06:57 PM   #42
BWinmill
Nameless Being

The PC industry will collapse? Well, I guess that depends upon what you mean by collapse.

iOS and Android devices are probably going to kill off the consumer PC/Mac market. After all, a lot of the people who buy computers for personal use are mostly interested in Internet connectivity and media. Add a keyboard and even light-weight writing is taken care of (e.g. students).

But the corporate desktop isn't going anywhere anytime soon. Ditto for small offices. Likewise for home offices. This is because anyone who does serious data entry, significant amounts of writing, or needs a powerful CPU/GPU is going to find iOS and Android devices poorly equipped for their needs.

So yes, the market will change. No, it isn't going to vanish.
Old 02-20-2012, 12:03 AM   #43
ScotiaBurrell
Banned
ScotiaBurrell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScotiaBurrell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScotiaBurrell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScotiaBurrell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScotiaBurrell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScotiaBurrell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScotiaBurrell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScotiaBurrell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScotiaBurrell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScotiaBurrell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScotiaBurrell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle & little green monster
Quote:
Originally Posted by leebase View Post

I buy these products because they delight me.
According to those that do not use them that is impossible.
ScotiaBurrell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2012, 12:13 AM   #44
ScotiaBurrell
Banned
ScotiaBurrell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScotiaBurrell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScotiaBurrell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScotiaBurrell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScotiaBurrell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScotiaBurrell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScotiaBurrell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScotiaBurrell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScotiaBurrell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScotiaBurrell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScotiaBurrell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle & little green monster
Quote:
Originally Posted by tubemonkey View Post
For a traveling device, it sucks. No expansion slot, no GPS, no compass, the display is too small, and the cameras suck.
I use mine for travel too and it is great. I bought a big capacity and it is as good on the go as at home. For each his own it is said.
ScotiaBurrell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2012, 02:25 AM   #45
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moto E6, Echo Show
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScotiaBurrell View Post
I use mine for travel too and it is great. I bought a big capacity and it is as good on the go as at home. For each his own it is said.
Yep... those missing features are present in my Galaxy Player, so that travels with me.
tubemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote