Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Astak EZReader

Notices

Old 09-17-2009, 08:44 PM   #16
griffonwing
Suave Swabby, Savvy?
griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Slate Blue PEZ (Astak Pocket Pro), CVSCX-9300 Quad-band watch phone
Give me the lead paint. I'd rather have that than to have flaking bubbles on my PEZ!
griffonwing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2009, 08:56 PM   #17
Solicitous
Wizard
Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Astak Pocket Pro (Black), 2 x Kindle WiFi (Graphite), iPod Touch 4G
I'm only seeing issues with the blue PP on this forums. Does the black also have a final coat or is this just limited to the other colours?
Solicitous is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-17-2009, 08:57 PM   #18
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
Quote:
Originally Posted by Solicitous View Post
I'm only seeing issues with the blue PP on this forums. Does the black also have a final coat or is this just limited to the other colours?
Probably just the colors. The black and white are available from other resellers, the colors are custom just for Astak AFAIK and had to go through some extra customs processes.
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2009, 09:06 PM   #19
tamzilla
Zealot
tamzilla plays well with otherstamzilla plays well with otherstamzilla plays well with otherstamzilla plays well with otherstamzilla plays well with otherstamzilla plays well with otherstamzilla plays well with otherstamzilla plays well with otherstamzilla plays well with otherstamzilla plays well with otherstamzilla plays well with others

Device: nook, Ipod touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
If you do have to send the PP back to be exchanged, remember to unauthorize it from ADE if you have authorized it.
For those new to ADE (like myself) who need to deauthorize a device, you need to connect it to your computer and then press ctrl + shift + e to pull up the device deauthorization dialog (Windows directions). Adobe kindly does not include these instructions in their online ADE help file (not that I could find anyway).

As far as I can tell, if your unit is bricked and you can't get the computer to recognize your device, you are out of luck as far as deauthorizing your device goes and will have to contact Adobe if you run out of your 6 allowed authorizations. If you've already sent it back without deauthorizing it first, you are also out of luck.
tamzilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2009, 10:12 PM   #20
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnemicOak View Post
Checking for lead content.
Obviously the PP needs more lead.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-17-2009, 10:18 PM   #21
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
Quote:
Obviously the PP needs more lead.
Yeah, it doesn't taste quite right yet.
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2009, 10:30 PM   #22
AJ Starr
Guru
AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PEZ, Color Libre, 2@Sony T1, Onyx i62HD
Blue Wrinkles

My blue has a couple of wrinkles. I thought at first it was a reaction to the oil fom the leather case. The surface of the blue looked like a layer of oil. I avoided touching any part of it except when I plugged in the USB to charge it. It received the first wrinkle. I then gently wiped the face with a microfiber cloth and got the oil residue off. I have a small wrinkle that seems to be growing, 3/16" this morning, 3/8" this evening.

But NO peeling and no other places is it wrinkling.

I assume the paint did not get cured properly due to everyone, MR members included, urging a rush job. So long as the mars are small, they will be no worse than what I will put on it in years of use.

If they get worse, I'll contact ASTAK.

AJ

PS I'm waiting for Griffonwings response to my "Blue Wrinkles"
AJ Starr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2009, 10:38 PM   #23
griffonwing
Suave Swabby, Savvy?
griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AJ Starr View Post
PS I'm waiting for Griffonwings response to my "Blue Wrinkles"
i giggled. then i guffawed. then i rofl'd.

then i stopped. then i cried. for i, too, have wrinkles. 3 of them in a sunburst pattern around the small light hole in the top left corner.

Now, what do YOU have to say about the wrinkles around my hole?
Old 09-17-2009, 10:45 PM   #24
AJ Starr
Guru
AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Blue Sunburst

Quote:
Originally Posted by griffonwing View Post
i giggled. then i guffawed. then i rofl'd.

then i stopped. then i cried. for i, too, have wrinkles. 3 of them in a sunburst pattern around the small light hole in the top left corner.

Now, what do YOU have to say about the wrinkles around my hole?
I have to cry with you, for my sunburst is blue also.

But I only have two wrinkles around my light hole.
Old 09-17-2009, 10:47 PM   #25
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Does this mean that most of the blue ones will have to go back?
Old 09-17-2009, 10:52 PM   #26
AJ Starr
Guru

Quote:
Does this mean that most of the blue ones will have to go back?
Mine is definitely NOT going back unless there is a recall or the paint somehow stops it working, which I doubt.

I have faith in the Pocket Pro. There may be issues now, but ASTAK has proven they will address our issues and get them resolved FAST.

As with all new products, it take a diverse usage to find all the faults, and a large number of people to submit desires for the product to satisfy them.

Remember "...all the people all the time..." as the saying goes.

Help the process, don't hinder it.
Old 09-17-2009, 10:55 PM   #27
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon

So do you think Astak will send everyone a small can of blue paint along with a proper paint brush to apply the paint?
Old 09-17-2009, 11:01 PM   #28
Chiron
Fantasy & SciFi Reader
Chiron has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Chiron has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Chiron has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Astak EZ Reader Pocket Pro
Soo sad to hear about winkles around those holes

Lucky me im thinking in add some decoration to my PP (maybe a homemade skin)

EDIT: Im seriously thinking in doing something close to THIS with the PP

Last edited by Chiron; 09-17-2009 at 11:04 PM.
Chiron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2009, 11:10 PM   #29
griffonwing
Suave Swabby, Savvy?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiron View Post
EDIT: Im seriously thinking in doing something close to THIS with the PP
I can't see the pdf. it doesn't want to load on my browser.
Old 09-17-2009, 11:12 PM   #30
Chiron
Fantasy & SciFi Reader
Chiron has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Chiron has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Chiron has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Astak EZ Reader Pocket Pro
Here, i uploaded to megaupload http://www.megaupload.com/?d=SJQMIE2L
Chiron is offline   Reply With Quote