Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Introduce Yourself

Notices

Old 06-23-2009, 08:14 AM   #1
bl0226
bl0226 began at the beginning.

Device: Sony Reader 505
Greetings, Fellow Readers

Hello, All.

I just recently bought a Sony Reader 505.

I look forward in chatting with you folks about it and and ebooks.

I enjoy all types of books - mysteries, classics, horror and adventures. Lately, I've been on a paranormal romance kick.

I also enjoy reading manga.

Chat with you good folks soon.
bl0226
bl0226 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2009, 08:34 AM   #2
Verencat
Wizard
Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.

Device: xxx
Hi bl0226, and welcome to Mobile Read!

You'll find here plenty of people to talk with about your new Sony (what color is it?) and about your readings!

Enjoy the forum!
Verencat is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-23-2009, 08:51 AM   #3
bl0226

Thank you for the warm welcome, Verencat.

My reader is silver. Borders had a Sony Reader sale a couple of weeks ago ($100 off). I couldn't pass up that bargain. Unfortunately, there was no choice in colors but that's ok; I'm just excited to finally have it.
Old 06-23-2009, 09:16 AM   #4
Verencat
Wizard
Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.

Device: xxx
I heard about that sale, I was so sad it wasn't available here!

Have you checked out all the free e-books available for download on MR?
Verencat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2009, 11:31 AM   #5
kazbates
Wizard
kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: SurfacePro, SurfaceBook 2
Welcome to MobileRead, bl0226!

As Verencat said, don't forget to check out all the books you can download for your Sony. I have a Sony 700 and absolutely love it. Don't hesitate to ask any questions and enjoy your new reader.
kazbates is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-23-2009, 11:36 AM   #6
bl0226

Verencat - I haven't checked out the free e-books, yet, but I will during my lunch break!

Thank you for the warm welcome, kazbates. I look forward in posting here.
Old 06-23-2009, 12:13 PM   #7
MickeyC
Grand Sorcerer
MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 6 plus, Sony T1, iPad 3
Hi bl0226 and welcome to MobileRead. Bummer about having to get the silver 505.

BTW, you can borrow eBooks from some libraries now. Check out the Wiki here https://wiki.mobileread.com/wiki/EBook_Lending_Libraries for details
MickeyC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2009, 01:35 PM   #8
bl0226

Thank you for the warm welcome, cassidym. Thanks for the link, too.

I feel like a kid in a candy shop with all these books at my finger tips!
Old 06-23-2009, 01:42 PM   #9
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: A K1, Kindle Paperwhite, an Ipod, IPad2, Iphone, an Ipad Mini & macAir
Welcome to MobileRead, bl0226

Don't hesitate to ask questions, or to jump in on conversations that interest you.

We welcome 'fresh blood' here.

I'm just sayin'.........
desertgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2009, 02:17 PM   #10
Lady Blue
the snarky blue one
Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS500, 505 & 600, PRST1 & T2, Kindle PW, Moto Razr, Galaxy Tab 2-10"
Click image for larger version

Name:	welcome10.gif
Views:	230
Size:	34.4 KB
ID:	31075 bl0226, and don't listen to cassidym. I've got the Silver Sony, and it's not a bummer.

&@&)@()$&

is not

)(@&$&@%

IS NOT
Lady Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2009, 02:40 PM   #11
bl0226

Thanks for the warm welcomes, desertgrandma and Lady Blue.
Old 06-24-2009, 03:37 AM   #12
GraceKrispy
It's Dr. Penguin now!
GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad mini, Samsung Note 3, Sony PRS-650 (rarely used now)
Welcome to the board! you've got the right reader and the right color!! great job! be sure to check out the link cassidy posted; although misinformed on color, he included a great link! Most of the books I read are library books I love free! I also use feedbooks.com
GraceKrispy is offline   Reply With Quote