Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 05-21-2013, 04:17 AM   #1
Will.Valentino
Will.Valentino began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Mini
Exclamation Problem: Swapping 20-30 pages after 1 touch

Hello to all,
I got a Kobo Mini for Christmas and it was working fine til a month ago.
Registering my fingers has always been a bit of a problem but I figured its no high tech computer, but lately when I press once to turn the page it starts going thru 10,20 even 30 pages at a time and there is no way to stop it.
I think it's software related.

Is there a solution for this? Maybe flash the firmware?

I would try anything because my alternative is to send it to UK to be fixed(where I got it from), there is no support for Kobo's in my country (Bulgaria).
Will.Valentino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 04:43 AM   #2
Ripplinger
350 Hoarder
Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-350, Kobo Glo & Glo HD, PW2
That could happen if you have a particle of food or dust wedged around the perimeter of the screen since it's an infrared system. Try blowing all around the perimeter of the screen with canned air, or use a soft bristled brush around the perimeter.

If you have any type of screen protector over the reader, that could interfere with the IR operation also.
Ripplinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 08:17 AM   #3
Will.Valentino
Will.Valentino began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Mini
I didnt know it was an IR else I would have taken the protection off, but I will try now.
Thanks for the help tho.
Will.Valentino is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
kobo mini glitch problem