Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 10-19-2012, 08:33 AM   #31
vice-versa
whippet addict
vice-versa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vice-versa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vice-versa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vice-versa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vice-versa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vice-versa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vice-versa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vice-versa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vice-versa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vice-versa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vice-versa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo, Kobo Aura 6", Kobo Glo HD, Kobo Aura One, Kobo Sage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uschiekid View Post
gecko now has one cover made for the glo available, if anyone is interested:

http://www.geckocovers.com/ereader-c.../kobo-glo.html

it seems more fit-to-size than the official sleep covers, BUT for anyone set on a sleep cover, this one doesn't seem to be.

I wonder why their magnetic fastener goes UNDER the back of the cover (same problem with my Touch cover bought from FNAC in France last year). It means that you can't put it "flat" on a surface or you have to do it screen down

Thank you to let us know about the availability (I was hoping for this one)
vice-versa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 08:39 AM   #32
treadlightly
Wizard
treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo H2O
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uschiekid View Post
gecko now has one cover made for the glo available, if anyone is interested:

http://www.geckocovers.com/ereader-c.../kobo-glo.html

it seems more fit-to-size than the official sleep covers, BUT for anyone set on a sleep cover, this one doesn't seem to be.
I wonder why they made a cut-out for the logo. The cover would look a lot nicer if it was just a tiny cut-out for the USB cord only.
treadlightly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 01:53 PM   #33
Uschiekid
Tenrec
Uschiekid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uschiekid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uschiekid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uschiekid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uschiekid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uschiekid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uschiekid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uschiekid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uschiekid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uschiekid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uschiekid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura One, Kobo Glo
Quote:
Originally Posted by treadlightly View Post
I wonder why they made a cut-out for the logo. The cover would look a lot nicer if it was just a tiny cut-out for the USB cord only.
that's what i thought too. i definitely don't care if people can't see the kobo logo
Uschiekid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 02:29 PM   #34
Uncle Ned
Uncle Ned began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Glo; Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tzar View Post
I am using for my Glo the Kobo Touch pouch I already had for my Touch. It fits well enough, although I was surprised to see that the Glo was a whisker larger than the Touch: at first it was kind of hard to get the Glo in and out. The pouch has now enlarged a bit after a few days so it's OK. Length-wise, as the Glo is shorter, it definitely fits inside the pouch.
I have one of the Roots ones that I bought for the Touch. I was surprised that I really had to work to ge the Glo in. Glad to hear that it stretches. (The reason I have a Glo is that the Toich wasn't in it's case when I grabbed it from the night table in a rush one morning and the Touch came tumbling down and its screen broke.)
Uncle Ned is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 02:43 PM   #35
Suzanna
Living in the past
Suzanna ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Suzanna ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Suzanna ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Suzanna ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Suzanna ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Suzanna ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Suzanna ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Suzanna ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Suzanna ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Suzanna ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Suzanna ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura HD, Kobo Arc
The Roots covers are a snug fit for the Touch as it is. When comparing my Touch to my sister's Glo, we both noticed that while the centre of both devices were pretty much the same depth (given Kobo's specs), the edges of the Touch taper in more. The Glo only has a very slight taper, so the edge of the Glo is definitely thicker.
Suzanna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 08:14 PM   #36
Haesslich
Fanatic
Haesslich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Haesslich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Haesslich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Haesslich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Haesslich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Haesslich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Haesslich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Haesslich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Haesslich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Haesslich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Haesslich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch,Glo,Mini,Aura/HD/One,H20, Sony PRS-300/600, Kindle 3-PW
Quote:
Originally Posted by kobokobe View Post
Are there any covers (including non-sleep covers) out for the Glo in Canada? I'm not seeing any, and even on the Chapters Indigo website, I'm only seeing a total of 6 covers (all preorders) unless I'm missing something. Seems like a very small selection, compared to KT and others.

Chapters has the PU sleep cover. Just got one - the good news is that it fits well, and the clips are secure. Still adds bulk (doubling the thickness) and I don't like the elastic used to keep the lid closed. Still, it's not bad.
Haesslich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2012, 12:53 PM   #37
shanghaichica
Guru
shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Scribe,Kindle Oasis 3, iPad Pro 11, iPhone 13 Pro Max,iPad mini 6, PW5
I would buy such a case when it arrives in the UK. For now I'm using a case designed for the touch but it fits well enough. I've got my eye on a few nice cases on eBay too.
shanghaichica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 03:06 AM   #38
SeigneurAo
Connoisseur
SeigneurAo knows the complete value of PI to the endSeigneurAo knows the complete value of PI to the endSeigneurAo knows the complete value of PI to the endSeigneurAo knows the complete value of PI to the endSeigneurAo knows the complete value of PI to the endSeigneurAo knows the complete value of PI to the endSeigneurAo knows the complete value of PI to the endSeigneurAo knows the complete value of PI to the endSeigneurAo knows the complete value of PI to the endSeigneurAo knows the complete value of PI to the endSeigneurAo knows the complete value of PI to the end

Device: Kobo Glo
For those who might be interested :
https://twitter.com/SeigneurAo/statu...06420459827200

Quote:
Originally Posted by Me
@Geckocovers is the Kobo Glo Luxe cover a sleep cover (puts the device to sleep when closed) ? http://t.co/HQL8sQ0y
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeckoCovers
@SeigneurAo Not yet. Per November 1 improved Kobo Glo Luxe covers will be introduced, including auto wake/up sleep function.
SeigneurAo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 12:20 PM   #39
jiminrussell
JimInRussell
jiminrussell is at one with the great books of the world.jiminrussell is at one with the great books of the world.jiminrussell is at one with the great books of the world.jiminrussell is at one with the great books of the world.jiminrussell is at one with the great books of the world.jiminrussell is at one with the great books of the world.jiminrussell is at one with the great books of the world.jiminrussell is at one with the great books of the world.jiminrussell is at one with the great books of the world.jiminrussell is at one with the great books of the world.jiminrussell is at one with the great books of the world.

Device: kobo Aura One, Forma, Elipsa, Sage
I picked up one of the pu sleepcovers for the glo at Chapters last night and it isn't bad. Seems odd though that it is bigger (both taller by about 10mm and wider by about 3-4 mm ) than my touch case is.
jiminrussell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 01:04 PM   #40
Quexos
Member Retired
Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
I got myself the black leather sleep cover. Though the go-to-sleep function when you close it on the book can come in handy, I am a little disappointed because I was hoping for a cover to transport my book and then easily taking my reader out of it to actually read. But this is not so easy and this cover was obviously made to keep the reader in. Wish I knew that before buying it.
Quexos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 03:57 PM   #41
vice-versa
whippet addict
vice-versa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vice-versa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vice-versa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vice-versa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vice-versa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vice-versa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vice-versa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vice-versa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vice-versa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vice-versa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vice-versa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo, Kobo Aura 6", Kobo Glo HD, Kobo Aura One, Kobo Sage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quexos View Post
I was hoping for a cover to transport my book and then easily taking my reader out of it to actually read.
What you would need is something like this ? http://www.amazon.fr/DURAGADGET-Hous...1022151&sr=8-8
vice-versa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 04:01 PM   #42
mrmoo
mrmoo has a spectacular aura aboutmrmoo has a spectacular aura aboutmrmoo has a spectacular aura aboutmrmoo has a spectacular aura aboutmrmoo has a spectacular aura aboutmrmoo has a spectacular aura aboutmrmoo has a spectacular aura aboutmrmoo has a spectacular aura aboutmrmoo has a spectacular aura aboutmrmoo has a spectacular aura aboutmrmoo has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
I was hoping for a cover to transport my book and then easily taking my reader out of it to actually read.
I have a nice leather pouch for that, recommended.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B...ls_o04_s00_i00
mrmoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 04:51 PM   #43
feenix1363
Lost and clueless
feenix1363 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.feenix1363 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.feenix1363 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.feenix1363 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.feenix1363 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.feenix1363 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.feenix1363 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.feenix1363 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.feenix1363 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.feenix1363 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.feenix1363 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-T1, Kobo Glo, Kindle for Andriod, Kobo for Android
I've got fed-up of waiting for the UK release so I've siliconed a rare-earth magnet (10x2mm) on the inside cover of a Touch cover.

Works a treat and cost me £7 for the cover and £2 for the magnets. And I've nine left over for my next nine covers
feenix1363 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 04:54 PM   #44
Quexos
Member Retired
Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I guess a pouch of this kind is what I should have gotten, though a darker color would have been less garish
But I found a solution of sorts. I don't need to take my Kobo off my sleep cover anymore because I realized that I can just bend the front flap all the way to the back and hold it there with the little magnetic belt itself bent backwards (Gotta wonder if this was meant to be used like that)

Quote:
Originally Posted by vice-versa View Post
What you would need is something like this ? http://www.amazon.fr/DURAGADGET-Hous...1022151&sr=8-8
Quexos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 06:23 PM   #45
SeigneurAo
Connoisseur
SeigneurAo knows the complete value of PI to the endSeigneurAo knows the complete value of PI to the endSeigneurAo knows the complete value of PI to the endSeigneurAo knows the complete value of PI to the endSeigneurAo knows the complete value of PI to the endSeigneurAo knows the complete value of PI to the endSeigneurAo knows the complete value of PI to the endSeigneurAo knows the complete value of PI to the endSeigneurAo knows the complete value of PI to the endSeigneurAo knows the complete value of PI to the endSeigneurAo knows the complete value of PI to the end

Device: Kobo Glo
Quote:
I guess a pouch of this kind is what I should have gotten, though a darker color would have been less garish
But I found a solution of sorts. I don't need to take my Kobo off my sleep cover anymore because I realized that I can just bend the front flap all the way to the back and hold it there with the little magnetic belt itself bent backwards (Gotta wonder if this was meant to be used like that)
Actually I use it exactly in the same way.
SeigneurAo is offline   Reply With Quote