Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > General Discussions

Notices

Old 03-10-2013, 10:22 AM   #76
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by applesauce View Post
I would give my right arm for a book club that meet in my area at the local pub and read what I liked. The problem is no such one exists.
Then why not start one?
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 03:43 PM   #77
Elfwreck
Grand Sorcerer
Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Touch HD3 (Past: Kobo Mini, PEZ, PRS-505, Clié)
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
Then why not start one?
I don't know the answers in this case; I know the normal answers are twofold: 1) pub may not want to allow a group of people to monopolize a set of tables for a few hours at a time, often with minimum purchases, and 2) being willing to be the communication-locus for a group of readers, will not cause to exist a group of local people with similar tastes in books. Especially not a group with similar tastes and the same openings in their schedules for meetings.
Elfwreck is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-10-2013, 03:51 PM   #78
voracious71
Addict
voracious71 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.voracious71 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.voracious71 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.voracious71 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.voracious71 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.voracious71 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.voracious71 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.voracious71 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.voracious71 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.voracious71 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.voracious71 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook, Kindle PW4, Kobo Clara
I don't mind the highlights on my Kindle. I find it interesting to see what other people highlighted.

I have never been one to join book clubs or follow reading lists. If I read a book that I enjoyed very much, I'll sometimes post it to my Facebook wall, but I try not to get too obnoxious with that.
voracious71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 10:35 PM   #79
Freeshadow
temp. out of service
Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB 623
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elfwreck View Post
I don't know the answers in this case; I know the normal answers are twofold: 1) pub may not want to allow a group of people to monopolize a set of tables for a few hours at a time, often with minimum purchases, and 2) being willing to be the communication-locus for a group of readers, will not cause to exist a group of local people with similar tastes in books. Especially not a group with similar tastes and the same openings in their schedules for meetings.
In other words: how to enjoy all the negative aspects of role playing as a hobby without RPGs
Freeshadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 02:40 AM   #80
applesauce
Addict
applesauce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.applesauce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.applesauce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.applesauce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.applesauce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.applesauce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.applesauce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.applesauce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.applesauce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.applesauce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.applesauce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle oasis
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
Then why not start one?
I approached my local library to see if any book clubs existed in ours, none do. I also asked if anybody had asked about setting one up. They said they had never been asked. It put me off the idea of trying to start one, especially given my tastes which are not the normal book club ones. I know friends the other side of Perth from were I live in book clubs, all find each other at the local library. All tho are a long drive and shades of grey type reading matter. Libraries in Australia can organise group lending of books to book clubs.

Once summer is over here and I feel a bit better I think I might ask to put up a flyer in the library and local book shops.

applesauce
applesauce is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-11-2013, 01:48 PM   #81
jersysman
Wizard
jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: T1 Red, Kindle Fire, Kindle PW, PW2, Nook HD+, Kobo Mini, Aura HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by voracious71 View Post
...If I read a book that I enjoyed very much, I'll sometimes post it to my Facebook wall, but I try not to get too obnoxious with that.
Have you tried goodreads.com?
jersysman is offline   Reply With Quote