Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old 10-21-2012, 03:43 AM   #466
Terisa de morgan
Grand Sorcerer
Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara/Aura One/Forma,XiaoMI 5, iPad, Huawei MediaPad, YotaPhone 2
Stupid question here but hi, a girl has to give a try I add my books to calibre through the command line interface (calibre-add). With that interface I get all the data I need to classify my books except page count (I have different collections for novellas and novels). Is there any way to call this plugin from the command line and load the result in the custom column?

Thank you very much
Terisa de morgan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2012, 03:48 PM   #467
John Peterson
John Peterson began at the beginning.

Device: none
Where's the repo?
John Peterson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2012, 05:03 PM   #468
Man Eating Duck
Addict
Man Eating Duck juggles neatly with hedgehogs.Man Eating Duck juggles neatly with hedgehogs.Man Eating Duck juggles neatly with hedgehogs.Man Eating Duck juggles neatly with hedgehogs.Man Eating Duck juggles neatly with hedgehogs.Man Eating Duck juggles neatly with hedgehogs.Man Eating Duck juggles neatly with hedgehogs.Man Eating Duck juggles neatly with hedgehogs.Man Eating Duck juggles neatly with hedgehogs.Man Eating Duck juggles neatly with hedgehogs.Man Eating Duck juggles neatly with hedgehogs.

Device: Kobo Aura, Sony PRS-650
Quote:
Originally Posted by mr500 View Post
Where's the repo?
I doubt that kiwidude has published a repo with history, but if you want to tinker with the code, just open the plugin zip. The plain python source is inside.

Last edited by Man Eating Duck; 10-26-2012 at 05:09 PM.
Man Eating Duck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 04:39 PM   #469
bauerhjb
Connoisseur
bauerhjb began at the beginning.

Device: laptop, netbook, LG & Nextus tablets - Window 10, 8.1, 7,
Question for kiwidude - I use your excellent count pages plugin daily but I am hoping you can tell me how I can make the "count pages" column automatically center and the "count words" column right justify? I just know that this information is somewheres I've overlooked so I will apologize in advance for having to ask this. I'm not a computer whiz/programmer so as simple an answer as possible would be greatly appreciated.
bauerhjb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 04:43 PM   #470
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer
JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite(10th)
@bauerhjb - It's in calibre, nothing to do with Count Pages. Right-click the column header in the library display and select 'Change text alignment for (column)'.
JimmXinu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 09:15 PM   #471
John Peterson
John Peterson began at the beginning.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by mr500 View Post
Where's the repo?
A clone exist at https://github.com/john-peterson/count_pages. The changes are

New: Count words and pages on import.
Change: Removing progress dialog because it's not useful for many users.
Change: Removing save confirmation dialog for same reason.
Change: Removing existing data notification for same reason.

Last edited by John Peterson; 12-05-2012 at 02:20 AM.
John Peterson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 04:46 AM   #472
kiwidude
calibre/Sigil Developer
kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis
Just to be clear - that fork of the plugin code by mr500 is nothing to do with the version of this plugin that is supported by this thread. I have no issue at all with someone modifying the plugin for their own purposes, but I do *not* recommend or endorse those particular changes. Nor do I want this thread to become a discussion or support area for that fork of the plugin, it is just going to confuse people as to what "version" of the plugin the behaviour is associated with.
kiwidude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 02:09 PM   #473
Pepin33
Zealot
Pepin33 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Pepin33 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Pepin33 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Pepin33 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Pepin33 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Kindle Touch
I got a problem:

When trying to count pages with FB2 format, I get no result for pages count. I own a lot of FB2 books, and the problem appears with all. Looking at plugin's log, I can see that:

Code:
InputFormatPlugin: FB2 Input running
on C:\Users\Windows\AppData\Local\Temp\calibre_0.9.7_tmp__smhzo\fsbsz__count_pages\23124.fb2
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "calibre_plugins.count_pages.jobs", line 141, in do_statistics_for_book
  File "calibre_plugins.count_pages.statistics", line 60, in get_page_count
  File "calibre_plugins.count_pages.statistics", line 97, in _get_page_count_adobe
  File "site-packages\calibre\utils\zipfile.py", line 751, in __init__
  File "site-packages\calibre\utils\zipfile.py", line 786, in _GetContents
  File "site-packages\calibre\utils\zipfile.py", line 801, in _RealGetContents
BadZipfile: File is not a zip file
This happens when using ADE algorithm. It works OK with Calibre algorithm. ¿?

Last edited by Pepin33; 11-24-2012 at 02:33 PM.
Pepin33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 12:02 AM   #474
GMFuller
Connoisseur
GMFuller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GMFuller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GMFuller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GMFuller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GMFuller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GMFuller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GMFuller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GMFuller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GMFuller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GMFuller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GMFuller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo
I've seen the same thing with azw files (not sure about the traceback but I'm sure I've seen the "BadZipfile: File is not a zip file" message)

I assumed it was because the book needed to be in epub format, so I converted the book and counted pages on the converted file.

It does seem odd that the plugin says there's statistics to be updated rather than saying the ebook format needs to be different.
GMFuller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 12:36 PM   #475
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by GMFuller View Post
I've seen the same thing with azw files (not sure about the traceback but I'm sure I've seen the "BadZipfile: File is not a zip file" message)

I assumed it was because the book needed to be in epub format, so I converted the book and counted pages on the converted file.

It does seem odd that the plugin says there's statistics to be updated rather than saying the ebook format needs to be different.
Converting isn't a good idea. You do change the number of pages because you change the code. So the page number you get on the converted eBook is not the same as the source eBook.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 01:22 AM   #476
GMFuller
Connoisseur
GMFuller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GMFuller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GMFuller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GMFuller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GMFuller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GMFuller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GMFuller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GMFuller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GMFuller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GMFuller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GMFuller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
Converting isn't a good idea. You do change the number of pages because you change the code. So the page number you get on the converted eBook is not the same as the source eBook.
I would have had to do the conversion at some point in any case because my ereader takes epub files.
GMFuller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 03:02 PM   #477
cryzed
Evangelist
cryzed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cryzed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cryzed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cryzed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cryzed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cryzed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cryzed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cryzed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cryzed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cryzed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cryzed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2
kiwidude, could you possibly provide me with some pointers on how I would go about implementing my own page-counting algorithm? I was thinking about finding out how many characters I can fit on one fully filled screen on my Paperwhite with my default page margin, spacing, font and size and then just count all the characters in the file and divide it by that number. I know it won't be entirely accurate, but it's a better approximation than what I currently have as it seems.
cryzed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 05:25 PM   #478
kiwidude
calibre/Sigil Developer
kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis
v1.6.4 Released

Changes in this release:
  • Add a "Custom" algorithm option for page count, for users who want to specify the number of characters per page.
  • When switching libraries, ensure keyboard shortcuts are reactivated
  • Prevent plugin being used in Device View or on Device View context menu
kiwidude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 06:38 PM   #479
cryzed
Evangelist
cryzed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cryzed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cryzed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cryzed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cryzed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cryzed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cryzed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cryzed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cryzed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cryzed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cryzed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2
Well that was quick! Thank you very much. For anyone interested the character count for a page filled with characters with the width of numbers (0-9) while using the second to smallest font size and the Palatino font on the Kindle Paperwhite is 1175.

Last edited by cryzed; 12-05-2012 at 07:08 PM.
cryzed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 02:26 PM   #480
Pepin33
Zealot
Pepin33 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Pepin33 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Pepin33 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Pepin33 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Pepin33 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Kindle Touch
Thanks for the new version. But this problem is not solved (it also happens with new version):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pepin33 View Post
When trying to count pages with FB2 format, I get no result for pages count. I own a lot of FB2 books, and the problem appears with all. Looking at plugin's log, I can see that:

Code:
InputFormatPlugin: FB2 Input running
on C:\Users\Windows\AppData\Local\Temp\calibre_0.9.7_tmp__smhzo\fsbsz__count_pages\23124.fb2
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "calibre_plugins.count_pages.jobs", line 141, in do_statistics_for_book
  File "calibre_plugins.count_pages.statistics", line 60, in get_page_count
  File "calibre_plugins.count_pages.statistics", line 97, in _get_page_count_adobe
  File "site-packages\calibre\utils\zipfile.py", line 751, in __init__
  File "site-packages\calibre\utils\zipfile.py", line 786, in _GetContents
  File "site-packages\calibre\utils\zipfile.py", line 801, in _RealGetContents
BadZipfile: File is not a zip file
This happens when using ADE algorithm. It works OK with Calibre algorithm. ¿?
Pepin33 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
count, count pages, page count, pages, plugin