Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Bookeen

Notices

Old 11-07-2007, 09:35 AM   #1
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
USB socket cover

It's taken two days for the rubber cover over the USB socket to come out of its "hinge", and I can't get it back in again.

I'm not too bothered - all my other devices have "open" USB ports, and it makes it a lot easier to connect to the PC while it's in the leather case that way .
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2007, 09:39 AM   #2
Ortep
Fanatic
Ortep has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Ortep has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Ortep has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Ortep has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Ortep has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Kindle Oasis
That happened to me in about two minutes. I managed to put it back by using a blunt thick needle to press the little rubber knob back in its place
Ortep is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-07-2007, 09:43 AM   #3
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I think I'll leave mine the way it is now. I found it almost impossible to get the cover off the USB port with the Gen3 in its leather case - now I can just plug it straight in. Much easier like this!
Old 11-07-2007, 10:12 AM   #4
delphidb96
Wizard
delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: TWO Kindle 2s, one each Bookeen Cybook Gen3, Sony PRS-500, Axim X51V
And here I thought *I* was the only one who had that problem.

Yep. I kept 'dealing' with it for several weeks, closing it just to have it pop out within minutes, until it finally snagged on something and came completely off the Cybook. As I don't have the soft-cover, my finger keeps resting right on the (narrow) edge as I hold the Cybook, but other than that, I don't have to keep trying to put the cover back on.

Derek
delphidb96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2007, 02:13 AM   #5
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast

The leather case is very nice, Derek. Assuming your CyBook is the same physical size as the production machines, it's very well worth while getting. It looks good, smells good (I love the smell of leather ) and provides excellent protection for the machine.
Advert
Old 11-08-2007, 06:23 PM   #6
tompe
Grand Sorcerer
tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, Nexus 5, Kindle PW
I like the leather case also. It make the experience of reading more book like.
tompe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2007, 10:41 AM   #7
t_rectenwald
t_rectenwald began at the beginning.

Device: Bookeen Cybook G3
I picked up my Cybook G3 last night from FedEx. This is my first eInk device so you can imagine my excitement. Initial thoughts... it rocks. However, I took it out and removed the rubber stopper, completely. Then I realized that I probably shouldn't have done that and just cannot get the silly thing back in. I'll try the blunt needle approach described earlier. I guess the device is probably better off without it.

Anyway, rubber stopper or not, I'm loving it. The leather case is really nice. What has shocked me the most is its size. I was expecting a fairly bulky device. This thing is so thin, am loving it. I'm going to get that stopper back in though! Any advice on that is appreciated.

Regards,
Tom
t_rectenwald is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2007, 11:40 AM   #8
iamscottish
iamscottish began at the beginning.

Device: Cybook Gen3: HPiPAQ
My rubber doofa has come out too! Not too bothered about it either but it could have been better anchored. Scared to try the blunt needle approach in case I scratch the screen.
iamscottish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2007, 01:06 PM   #9
t_rectenwald

A co-worker of mine managed to get the stopper back in via a paper clip. Go figure. Not the best part of the device, I'm sure it'll fall out again... but man, I'm loving the reader so much, I don't care.

I've been getting very amusing reactions at the workplace. When folks first see it, they think it is a bad copy of an etch a sketch from the 80's. After 2 minutes of looking at it, they are going crazy thinking it is incredible, turning it this way and that marvelling on how they can read from any angle.
Old 11-09-2007, 01:16 PM   #10
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast

It's definitely a design flaw, that rubber port cover. I think it's far better off without it, especially if you're using the leather case.
Old 11-09-2007, 01:50 PM   #11
t_rectenwald

Agreed. I don't think there is much of a point for it anyway, unless you are rolling the Cybook around in mud. I yanked mine out trying to get it off with the leather case on.
Old 11-09-2007, 01:55 PM   #12
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by t_rectenwald View Post
I yanked mine out trying to get it off with the leather case on.
That's exactly what I did, too .
Old 11-15-2007, 08:03 AM   #13
azog
Enthusiast
azog began at the beginning.

Device: Cybook Gen3, Kindle
Ditto the same as others: pulled the whole thing out by mistake. Tried to fudge it back in with a sharp dentist pick tool. Gave up, and finally just ended up snipping off the flimsy hinge. There's enough friction to keep it in place. So far it hasn't gotten lost, but I won't be too upset when that happens (not "if", but "when").
azog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2007, 04:51 AM   #14
lullah
Enthusiast
lullah began at the beginning.

Device: Bookeen gen3
I had the same problem and put it back in with an unraveled paper clip. Now when I remove the thing, I make sure I press on the side that comes out with my nail. I don't think it's a good idea to remove it completely, the problem is not in mud, it's dust, it might cause an electrical short if it gets in the wrong place (it has silica which is an electrical conductor)..
lullah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2007, 04:54 AM   #15
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast

All my other miniUSB devices (SmartPhone, iLiad, etc) have uncovered sockets and they've been just fine, so I don't think it's too great a risk.