Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old 04-06-2013, 01:03 AM   #31
thecookiemommma
Enthusiast
thecookiemommma is a jewel in the roughthecookiemommma is a jewel in the roughthecookiemommma is a jewel in the roughthecookiemommma is a jewel in the roughthecookiemommma is a jewel in the roughthecookiemommma is a jewel in the roughthecookiemommma is a jewel in the roughthecookiemommma is a jewel in the roughthecookiemommma is a jewel in the roughthecookiemommma is a jewel in the roughthecookiemommma is a jewel in the rough

Device: ZTE Grand Max + / HP Slate 7 HD
Nevermind. I figured it out. Just had a temporary loss of ability. Heh.
thecookiemommma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2013, 05:58 AM   #32
thecookiemommma
Enthusiast
thecookiemommma is a jewel in the roughthecookiemommma is a jewel in the roughthecookiemommma is a jewel in the roughthecookiemommma is a jewel in the roughthecookiemommma is a jewel in the roughthecookiemommma is a jewel in the roughthecookiemommma is a jewel in the roughthecookiemommma is a jewel in the roughthecookiemommma is a jewel in the roughthecookiemommma is a jewel in the roughthecookiemommma is a jewel in the rough

Device: ZTE Grand Max + / HP Slate 7 HD
Okay. I have one more question. Is it possible to have the tag selector come up with all the tags unselected? Or to deselect all? Ctrl+A selects all, but does not deselect all when pressed again. Some of my books have like twenty tags, and I only want one or two in each category.
thecookiemommma is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-20-2013, 10:19 AM   #33
kiwidude
calibre/Sigil Developer
kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis
Fastest way to deselect all is to just drag down with the mouse. There isn't currently any other way to do it such as via a keyboard shortcut.
kiwidude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2014, 05:47 PM   #34
ommaandnugs
MaryB
ommaandnugs began at the beginning.

Device: PRS-600 and Kindle 3rd generation
Remove author

I installed the plugin and set up the users, adding to the user categories by tags (i.e. User Bob includes Action, Adventure, Mystery, etc.). I want to exclude some authors with certain tags from the user category (i.e. under the Tag Mystery is the author Peters, which I want to remove from Bob). I highlight the author, right click, go to user category, which gives a drop down list, go to Remove selected authors, which gives a drop down list of all the user categories--but the user categories are greyed out and I cannot select the one I want. What am I doing wrong? Thanks for the help
ommaandnugs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2014, 08:40 AM   #35
gbm
Wizard
gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara HD,Hisence Sero 7 Pro RIP, Nook STR, jetbook lite
Port for QT5

Port for QT5 have only done simple tests with calibre 1.47 and calibre 1.203.1 using Linux Mint 17.

bernie
Attached Files
File Type: zip User Category-qt5.zip (73.3 KB, 422 views)
gbm is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-07-2014, 04:04 AM   #36
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
@gbm - I just did some tests with Windows 64 bit calibre 1.47 and Windows portable calibre 1.204. I mainly categorise Authors, but I created some tests for the other options.

Works as expected. In the same library I could see changes I made in 1.47 from 1.204 and vice versa.

BR
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2014, 06:08 AM   #37
Tanjamuse
Wizard
Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!

I don't suppose anyone has the ability to add "selected stories" to the plugin?
Tanjamuse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2015, 06:03 PM   #38
laji
Banned
laji can self-interpret dreams as they happen.laji can self-interpret dreams as they happen.laji can self-interpret dreams as they happen.laji can self-interpret dreams as they happen.laji can self-interpret dreams as they happen.laji can self-interpret dreams as they happen.laji can self-interpret dreams as they happen.laji can self-interpret dreams as they happen.laji can self-interpret dreams as they happen.laji can self-interpret dreams as they happen.laji can self-interpret dreams as they happen.

Device: monitor
Sorry, it does not work for me. Installed; taken to right click menu. When I try to click, it shows only the first levels - all with narrows at the end, but they open nothing. Any next click does nothing. In settings all are marked. What may be the cause?

win7×64

Last edited by laji; 08-29-2015 at 06:03 PM. Reason: op.sys
laji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2015, 03:42 AM   #39
Tanjamuse
Wizard
Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!

It works fine for me. Have you created any user categories?
Old 08-30-2015, 03:54 AM   #40
laji
Banned
laji can self-interpret dreams as they happen.laji can self-interpret dreams as they happen.laji can self-interpret dreams as they happen.laji can self-interpret dreams as they happen.laji can self-interpret dreams as they happen.laji can self-interpret dreams as they happen.laji can self-interpret dreams as they happen.laji can self-interpret dreams as they happen.laji can self-interpret dreams as they happen.laji can self-interpret dreams as they happen.laji can self-interpret dreams as they happen.

Did you mean custom columns? Yes.
Old 08-30-2015, 03:58 AM   #41
Tanjamuse
Wizard

No. In the Alter Tag Browser, you can manage authors, tags, etc. If you click on that you will get an option for "Manage User categories".
Old 08-30-2015, 04:05 AM   #42
laji
Banned

In the opening window, there are hundreds of them, of course. But, except of renaming chance, I totally confuse, what can I do with them. There are all enmasse: authors, series, tags... and what? For example, selecting anything in left panel, then clicking on arrow in center, does nothing. On the top, "Name of the category", with arrow, has no any value...

And Calibre's Guide is very pure, wrong organized. And most of the plugins has absolutly no help materials.

Last edited by laji; 08-30-2015 at 04:08 AM.
Old 08-30-2015, 04:08 AM   #43
Tanjamuse
Wizard

What do you want in the user Categories? Because you have to create those yourself.
Old 08-30-2015, 04:09 AM   #44
laji
Banned

I created hundreds.

First, I want to try. Then I decide, how to use. But now I can not try.

I want to insert here a picture - no way directly from PC...

Edit, later
OK, understood. I HAD already user categories, but all of them was created from other fields. Nowhere is written, that this is not acceptable.
About Calibre: when I click on USER categories, why pops up a panel with all OTHER things, absolutly not related with USER categories? ... And so on.
Calibre's only pro: nothing else is... Earlier I was waiting 5 years (till now) for the first, elementary thing: hierarchical categories (https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=108794)

About plugin: it's good, I shall use it. Thank you for your work and help.

Last edited by laji; 08-30-2015 at 04:40 AM. Reason: frustration
Old 08-30-2015, 04:33 AM   #45
Tanjamuse
Wizard

Custom Columns or User Categories?