Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 12-11-2009, 06:18 AM   #1
Brandis
Brandis began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle International
Where did the "Tell the publisher" button go?

Recently I found some books on Amazon that I would love to read on my Kindle but they are not offered as eBooks.

I read somewhere that one should press the button underneath books not sold as ebooks which said "I'd like to read this book on Kindle".

But I don't see this button on any book I'm interested in.

Did Amazon revoke this button?
Brandis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2009, 07:46 AM   #2
kennyc
The Dank Side of the Moon
kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle2; Kindle Fire
It's there for me. I'm in the U.S. though if that matters.
kennyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-11-2009, 07:52 AM   #3
Ea
Wizard
Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3|iPad air|iPhone 4S
I don't see it either. Neither when I'm logged in or not. If it's something to do with geographical place, then it must go by IP address.
Ea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2009, 07:53 AM   #4
Brandis
Brandis began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle International
I'm in Switzerland. But since they sell the Kindle international now they should make this button available to everyone as well...

I took a screenshot of the book website how I see it:

http://picasaweb.google.com/brandis....59344647995906

Maybe someone could press the button for me?
Brandis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2009, 04:38 PM   #5
daffy4u
I'm Super Kindle-icious
daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KDXG, KT, Oasis
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandis View Post

Maybe someone could press the button for me?
Done!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	bootcamp.JPG
Views:	175
Size:	24.6 KB
ID:	41073  
daffy4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-11-2009, 05:20 PM   #6
rcuadro
Wizard
rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle DX
Ditto!
rcuadro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2009, 02:20 PM   #7
rhk
rhk began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
I doubt it's by IP as I'm also in Switzerland (with a Swiss IP) and I have "tell the publisher" button. But, my Amazon account is set up as US.
rhk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2009, 11:14 AM   #8
bzImage
Enthusiast
bzImage doesn't litterbzImage doesn't litter

Device: Kindle 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by rhk View Post
I doubt it's by IP as I'm also in Switzerland (with a Swiss IP) and I have "tell the publisher" button. But, my Amazon account is set up as US.
Ah thats why i don't see it anymore.. when you access to amazon via the kindle, it seems that amazon knows where you are and changes your location.
bzImage is offline   Reply With Quote