Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Interead COOL-ER

Notices

Old 11-02-2009, 11:43 AM   #1
panda53
Connoisseur
panda53 has a spectacular aura aboutpanda53 has a spectacular aura aboutpanda53 has a spectacular aura aboutpanda53 has a spectacular aura aboutpanda53 has a spectacular aura aboutpanda53 has a spectacular aura aboutpanda53 has a spectacular aura aboutpanda53 has a spectacular aura aboutpanda53 has a spectacular aura aboutpanda53 has a spectacular aura aboutpanda53 has a spectacular aura about

Device: Kobo Touch and shared Kindle
New Cool-er Ereader and Corrupt Folder

Hi -

I just bought a new Cool-er Ereader from Argos - until Christmas they're £15 of rrp and come with a free silicone cover. So far so good - seems very user friendly and intuitive. I've even updated the firmware - and despite my misgivings, all went well.

The only problem I'm having is that when I copied a folder with pdf documents in them, something went wrong and the folder ended up with empty invalidly named folders. Now, I can't delete the original folder, or rename the rogue folders... Any ideas as to what to do?

Thanks for all the information on the forum - I read it all before buying the cool-er and it's been very informative.

And why isn't this ereader included as a sub-forum of the E-book devices?

regards.
Pamela
panda53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2009, 01:07 PM   #2
Hellmark
Wizard
Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nokia N800, PRS-505, Nook STR Glowlight, Kindle 3
Do a search, someone had a similar problem a while back.

Personally, I'd try reflashing.
Hellmark is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-02-2009, 02:47 PM   #3
panda53
Connoisseur
panda53 has a spectacular aura aboutpanda53 has a spectacular aura aboutpanda53 has a spectacular aura aboutpanda53 has a spectacular aura aboutpanda53 has a spectacular aura aboutpanda53 has a spectacular aura aboutpanda53 has a spectacular aura aboutpanda53 has a spectacular aura aboutpanda53 has a spectacular aura aboutpanda53 has a spectacular aura aboutpanda53 has a spectacular aura about

Thanks for your reply.

By "reflashing" - do you mean reapplying the firmware update?

I did a quick search and didn't find anything - may troll through all the cool-er postings when I've got time.

P
Old 11-02-2009, 04:03 PM   #4
Hellmark
Wizard
Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nokia N800, PRS-505, Nook STR Glowlight, Kindle 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by panda53 View Post
Thanks for your reply.

By "reflashing" - do you mean reapplying the firmware update?

I did a quick search and didn't find anything - may troll through all the cool-er postings when I've got time.
Yes, to flash something is to install firmware.
Hellmark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2009, 01:31 AM   #5
sassanik
Guru
sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB1150, iPhone, Cool-er Purple, Pocketbook 360, Kindle Fire
directly

Have you tried to directly delete them by going to the folder. By this I mean accessing the Cool-er through the drive selection area, not sure if that makes sense? On my computer the Cool-er shows up as the e drive.

If you are trying to do it through Calibre or ADE I don't think you can rename stuff. You also can't do it through the menu on the Cool-er its self.

The Cool-er doesn't have its own section because some of the mods don't think it rates one since it is simply a netronix clone. I think this makes it difficult for members to find info on it.

Amy
sassanik is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-03-2009, 03:59 AM   #6
panda53
Connoisseur

I've only ever accessed the cool-er as a plug and play device, so directly. I managed to rename the corrupt file as xx (so that I could reload the original which copied on without any problem) - and then tried to paste an empty xx file on top in the hope of fooling it into overwriting the bad folder, but that didn't work.

Everything else is fine, so for the moment I'll ignore the corrupt folder and hope that when I flash the next firmware update, it will get rid of it.

thanks for the help,
Pamela
Old 11-03-2009, 10:33 PM   #7
sassanik
Guru
sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB1150, iPhone, Cool-er Purple, Pocketbook 360, Kindle Fire
ahh

Do you have the newest firmware? You can tell by if you turn on your Cool-er and it defaults back to the last book you were reading instead of going to the library screen.

Though someone has mentioned that their Cool-er hard crashed when the firmware was going through the update process, so be careful.

Alas I do not have any other suggestions for you other than ignore the corrupted files.

Amy
sassanik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2009, 08:42 AM   #8
panda53
Connoisseur

Smile

Thanks for the information about how to tell if you've got the newest firmware - I know I do now. The firmware update went just fine... and the cool-er is doing great.

Think I'll ignore the corrupt folder for now.

regards,