Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > ePub

Notices

Old 10-28-2013, 02:58 PM   #1
elibrarian
Imperfect Perfectionist
elibrarian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elibrarian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elibrarian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elibrarian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elibrarian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elibrarian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elibrarian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elibrarian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elibrarian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elibrarian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elibrarian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
New editor/creator

Some US/Korean (I think) firm has created ViewPorter, a creator/editor application for epub 2 and 3. It is presently in beta, and has some (a lot, actually!) glitches - don't use it for anything serious! - it's "free until version 1.0", no price estimation is given.

Those of us used to Sigil will recognise quite a lot in this piece of software, but the creators doesn't seem to credit the Sigil programmers, even if it is obvious, where some of the parts, if not all, of the program comes from (It may be legal, since Sigil is opensource, but nevertheless )

Anyway, the site to get the program from is:

http://www.viewporter.com/

(and fyi: I am in no way whatsoever affiliated with Viewporter or OrangeDigit!)

Regards,

Kim
elibrarian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2013, 03:05 PM   #2
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB 1150, EZ Reader, Literati, iPad 2 & Air 2, iPhone 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by elibrarian View Post
Some US/Korean (I think) firm has created ViewPorter, a creator/editor application for epub 2 and 3. It is presently in beta, and has some (a lot, actually!) glitches - don't use it for anything serious! - it's "free until version 1.0", no price estimation is given.

Those of us used to Sigil will recognise quite a lot in this piece of software, but the creators doesn't seem to credit the Sigil programmers, even if it is obvious, where some of the parts, if not all, of the program comes from (It may be legal, since Sigil is opensource, but nevertheless )

Anyway, the site to get the program from is:

http://www.viewporter.com/

(and fyi: I am in no way whatsoever affiliated with Viewporter or OrangeDigit!)

Regards,

Kim
Interesting, seems to be focused on ePub 3.

Dale
DaleDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-29-2013, 04:23 AM   #3
Leonatus
Wizard
Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara 2E, Tolino Shine 3
I installed the program yesterday, but my antivir program (Avast) said it were of dubious provenience.
Now I wanted to deinstall it (Windows 7), but it is denied because of missing administrator rights (I am administrator).

Looking into some threads I saw that this could be the working of spyware programs.

Only wished to observe this. By hazard, someone who could give me a hint how to get rid of this program without reformatting?
Leonatus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2013, 06:32 AM   #4
mrmikel
Color me gone
mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-300
If there is a separate uninstall program try running it as administrator.

You can right click on Program Files(x86) and give yourself more rights.

You might try in safe mode to see if it helps.

If it runs as a service, start msconfig and configure it not to run at startup.
mrmikel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2013, 08:31 AM   #5
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
Weird; Yes Chrome cautioned me that this was not from a known location (which it also does for items like beta releases of davidfor's utilities), but eSet NOD32 has no issues with it, and neither does the Uninstall under Windows 7 have any issues with it.
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-29-2013, 12:00 PM   #6
Leonatus
Wizard
Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara 2E, Tolino Shine 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrmikel View Post
If there is a separate uninstall program try running it as administrator.

You can right click on Program Files(x86) and give yourself more rights.
That did it, not without problems, though.
I should be more careful in the future.
Thanks all!
Leonatus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2014, 11:32 AM   #7
stanking
Noob Developer
stanking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stanking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stanking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stanking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stanking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stanking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stanking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stanking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stanking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stanking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stanking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Amazon Fire 7
Yeah, it has a few UI changes, which aren't improvements because they're not as intuitive as Sigil, but it's a complete frankensigil.
stanking is offline   Reply With Quote