Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 12-27-2007, 10:53 AM   #1
lesjac
lesjac began at the beginning.

Device: Sony 505
EBook library not loading

Help, I installed Rasterfarian on my computer, and now my EBook reader software does not want to load. I also have Libprs installed. My system is XP Pro. How do I de- authorize my computer if I cannot access the Connect software? My computer does see my 505 device.
lesjac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2007, 05:32 PM   #2
julia
Connoisseur
julia began at the beginning.

Device: prs-505, kindle2, nook glow
Unhappy

Quote:
Originally Posted by lesjac View Post
Help, I installed Rasterfarian on my computer, and now my EBook reader software does not want to load. I also have Libprs installed. My system is XP Pro. How do I de- authorize my computer if I cannot access the Connect software? My computer does see my 505 device.
have the same problem here.
using xp pro as well. and using a sony vaio laptop!!!
julia is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-05-2008, 06:54 PM   #3
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Try uninstalling Rasterfarian and see what happens. Also if you have the USB driver for libprs500 installed, remove it.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2008, 08:04 PM   #4
slayda
Retired & reading more!
slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 1, iPad Air 2, iPhone 6S+, Kobo Aura One
Don't know about Rasterfarian but I had a similar problem. Reloaded the ebook library SW and it worked correctly. Maybe that will work for you.
slayda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2008, 07:25 PM   #5
MBegg
MBegg began at the beginning.

Device: PRS-505
Has anyone solved this issue. For the second time I am finding that the ebook library process is running without the gui coming up. The first time I uninstalled and deleted everything associated with the program prior to reinstallation. This did work but I was then left with a redundant authorization as I then had to reauthorize the computer again. I have gone through various options such as removing the cache in the reader, renaming the sony corp directory in the appdata directory (I am using Vista). I thought that somehow there was corruption with the files for the lirary software but having renamed the sony corp directory I would have thought this would have bypassed this problem.
I have also tried turning off UAC and adding the elibrary.exe to the dep exclusion list but I am still at a loss

Any help would be much appreciated
MBegg is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-07-2008, 06:53 AM   #6
dhbailey
Guru
dhbailey will become famous soon enoughdhbailey will become famous soon enoughdhbailey will become famous soon enoughdhbailey will become famous soon enoughdhbailey will become famous soon enoughdhbailey will become famous soon enoughdhbailey will become famous soon enough

Device: HP iPAQ211 / PRS 500, 700 and 505
I have found that same problem -- pressing ctrl-alt-del brings up the dialog to shut down running applications or processes. Clicking on the Processes tab and then clicking on the column labeled USER to sort the processes, I find an entry for ebook library. Simply clicking on that and then on the button to stop that process and clicking OK in the warning box which pops up often allows me to restart ebook library and it runs fine.

No need to uninstall and reinstall. I have no explanation for it, nor do I notice a pattern so I haven't contacted Sony support (not that it would offer much help) anyway.

I'm on XPpro.

I think it might have to do with whatever folder it was last pointing to when it was opened, so that if that folder is huge or isn't available (such as if you start the library without the Reader attached to the computer), but I'm not sure.

I do find that if I have the ebook library running and THEN attach the reader, the reader won't turn on to USB mode. I have to have the reader attached to the USB port before starting the library software.

With the earlier software, I could connect the reader after starting the software and it would show up just fine.
dhbailey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2008, 07:02 AM   #7
Hadrien
Feedbooks.com Co-Founder
Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.

Device: Sony PRS-t-1/350/300/500/505/600/700, Nexus S, iPad
Had this problem a few times. Rebooting the computer usually work in this case.
Hadrien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2008, 12:40 PM   #8
gwynevans
Wizzard
gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad 2, iPhone 6s, Kindle Voyage & Kindle PaperWhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by dhbailey View Post
I do find that if I have the ebook library running and THEN attach the reader, the reader won't turn on to USB mode. I have to have the reader attached to the USB port before starting the library software.
Interesting - I've found that mine's been pretty good about that, although I've found that it's a bit forward in trying to allocate itself drive letters already taken by network drives, etc. It also defaults to treating the drive at Reader+2 as the SD card (i.e. Reader at F:, so my network drive at H: got a new folder "SonyReader" created on it!). It's also quick to shift it's drive letter up if it clashes with another removable drive - to where it's hidden by another network drive!

Anyway, I've no floppy drive on this laptop, so used the Device Manager to set it to drives A: & B:, (Internal & SD Card), so it seems OK there now!
gwynevans is offline   Reply With Quote