Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 02-21-2012, 02:47 AM   #1
cybmole
Wizard
cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
seaparate fiction, non fiction into 2 libraries

as the thread title says - is there any simple way to reflag each book as either fiction or non-fiction., with a view to then splitting one large library into two. I do not currently have reliable tags & it would take far too long to do this by inspecting every book.

can I do this via a bulk metadata download operation, or my inspecting / manipulating ISBNs ?
cybmole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2012, 09:18 AM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by cybmole View Post
as the thread title says - is there any simple way to reflag each book as either fiction or non-fiction., with a view to then splitting one large library into two. I do not currently have reliable tags & it would take far too long to do this by inspecting every book.

can I do this via a bulk metadata download operation, or my inspecting / manipulating ISBNs ?
ISBN would only work if the Publisher (or the parent co) Only published one or the other.

in addition, you would need a list of ISBN publisher number assignments as ISBN Publisher number is a variable length just to parse the ISBN

ISBN10: Language-Publisher Number-Book Number-Check digit (Mod10)
The total length is always 10 characters (dashes not included)

Without reliable Tags
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert