Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Barnes & Noble NOOK

Notices

Old 01-11-2012, 06:15 AM   #31
Guns4Hire
Reading...Since 1970
Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.

Device: Nova Air C, Nova Pro, LifebookMars, BoyueT62+ Glowlight, NST, PB360
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guns4Hire View Post
Ah ok now I get the exclamations. I figured something like that but wasn't putting it together lol.

"Clear defaults" is grayed out. And it says No defaults set. So I'll have to figure that one out. Thanks for the tip, I had seen that screen pop up before (the one where you chose the readers) but it stopped popping up.
Its odd the epubs are obviously associated with cr3 because when you look at the epubs with es file explorer the cr3 icon is next to all the epubs. I even uninstalled cr3 to see if the default reader would then open but nothing happened.

Ive fooled around with cr3 alot this week. I have it very close to looking as good as the default reader. The background seems alot whiter than cr3 still though and the fonts are just crisper. Though I have it very close, think I might be able to live with it lol.. Still want to figure out why I cant switch though.

One other thing that annoys me about cr3 is in the newest version 3.0.54-45 (which is latest as of this morning) the cover of the epub is shrunk down to about a third of the proper size. I'm assuming it has something to do with the new setting "image scaling" but nothing I set it too makes the cover the proper size again.

Code:
Image scaling
  Block image scaling mode
     Disabled (1:1)
     Integer scale
     Arbitrary scale
  Block image max zoom
     Auto
  Inline image scaling mode
     Disabled (1:1)
     Integer scale
     Arbitrary scale
  Inline image max zoom
      Auto
I am able to zoom the cover image but that is it. Nothing I've has put the cover back to its rightful size. Arggg lol.

Last edited by Guns4Hire; 01-11-2012 at 06:18 AM.
Guns4Hire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 09:05 AM   #32
Dopedangel
Wizard
Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boyue
I never got full sized images in coolreader as far as I can tell nothing has been changed are you sure you are looking at the same file. If you are sure about this and you know which version of coolreader showed correctly you can download that version from sourceforge then tell Buggins so he can compare but looking at the change log and commits I don't see anything that has to do with images in months
Dopedangel is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-11-2012, 02:41 PM   #33
Guns4Hire
Reading...Since 1970
Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.

Device: Nova Air C, Nova Pro, LifebookMars, BoyueT62+ Glowlight, NST, PB360
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dopedangel View Post
I never got full sized images in coolreader as far as I can tell nothing has been changed are you sure you are looking at the same file. If you are sure about this and you know which version of coolreader showed correctly you can download that version from sourceforge then tell Buggins so he can compare but looking at the change log and commits I don't see anything that has to do with images in months
The first version I installed and played with was cr3-0-45-07.apk. I don't know how long ago that version came out. But I started messing with that version just 2 weeks ago. That version displayed covers at their proper resolution. I obviously had an old version.

I installed cr3.0. 54-33.apk which was just recently which came from "CoolReader on Android" thread directly from buggins in the Android forum. I noticed the layout of the settings changed quite a bit. This is when the the covers got tiny.

Then installed cr3_0_54_34.apk, then cr3.0.54-38.apk, and then the most recent version cr3.0.54-46 (as of last night).

Last edited by Guns4Hire; 01-11-2012 at 02:45 PM.
Guns4Hire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2012, 10:46 AM   #34
azazel1024
Groupie
azazel1024 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.azazel1024 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.azazel1024 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.azazel1024 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.azazel1024 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.azazel1024 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.azazel1024 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.azazel1024 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.azazel1024 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.azazel1024 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.azazel1024 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook simple touch, iPad 2
Something interesting I have noticed a couple of times when booting my nook ST is that the SD card found/mounted icon flashes after the home screen has already rendered on the screen. So my guess is as someone mentioned earlier, the issue is the mount order on booting. It sounds like the OS is reading in to memory and/or checking shelf content and the file pointers before it mounts the micro SD card slot. So it is seeing broken pointers and removing the content in some manner from the shelves and then mounting the micro SD card.

That is my guess anyway. Seems stupid on a lot of levels as it shouldn't be checking any file pointer until you either pull up your library and/or go to the shelf display.
azazel1024 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
nook, sdhc, shelves, troubleshooting