Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Sigil

Notices

Old 11-14-2010, 12:35 PM   #1
LGN
Connoisseur
LGN is on a distinguished road

Device: ProMedia eReader, Sony PRS-600
Validation tools

Is there a way a user can 'link' the validation tools to Sigil? For now I have to save the book and process it through FlightCrew for example, note the problems with a certain book and go back to Sigil to continue editing.

Thanks, great tools!
LGN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2010, 12:39 PM   #2
Valloric
Created Sigil, FlightCrew
Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara HD
FlightCrew was built as a library for the specific reason of embedding it into Sigil.

So what you're asking for is forthcoming.
Valloric is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-14-2010, 01:02 PM   #3
LGN
Connoisseur
LGN is on a distinguished road

Device: ProMedia eReader, Sony PRS-600
Good news. Hope you allow some hooks to have possibly 'other' tools as well like good old EpubCheck and EpubPreflight
LGN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2010, 05:26 PM   #4
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Flightcrew is very nice. It actually gives errors in a lot more understandable language then epubcheck. I've found it a lot easier to use flightcrew then epubcheck.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2010, 05:30 PM   #5
Hitch
Bookmaker & Cat Slave
Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K2, iPad, KFire, PPW, Voyage, NookColor. 2 Droid, Oasis, Boox Note2
Ditto. I like FC a LOT, and I make a lotta, lotta ePubs. ;-)

Hitch
Hitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-19-2010, 03:36 AM   #6
Hitch
Bookmaker & Cat Slave
Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

ACTUALLY, now that I've heaped all this praise on FC, Valloric, could I just ask for one, teeny, weeny improvement???

I think that when a book validates, giant red rockets should shoot across my computer screen in triumphant arcs, and I'd really like it if the late Jeremy Brett's recorded voice (I'll take Robert Downey Jr. as Holmes if pushed) were to say something like "Egad, Hitch, you've DONE IT!!."

That's all. That's not too much to ask, is it? Lacking audio features, I'd settle for the Rockets. ;-)

Thanks,

Hitch
Old 11-19-2010, 04:38 AM   #7
Valloric
Created Sigil, FlightCrew
Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hitch View Post
I think that when a book validates, giant red rockets should shoot across my computer screen in triumphant arcs, and I'd really like it if the late Jeremy Brett's recorded voice (I'll take Robert Downey Jr. as Holmes if pushed) were to say something like "Egad, Hitch, you've DONE IT!!."
The recent release of FC 0.7.1 introduced a message when the epub validates without problems. No Jeremy Brett (or RDJ), but it works fairly well.
Valloric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2010, 06:07 AM   #8
Hitch
Bookmaker & Cat Slave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valloric View Post
The recent release of FC 0.7.1 introduced a message when the epub validates without problems. No Jeremy Brett (or RDJ), but it works fairly well.
{Sigh}. Okay, I'll have to suffer without the vocal encouragement, I guess. (And not even ONE teeny little rocket? Dang.) I am very grateful, though, for the message about validation--the "dead silence" was a little unnerving the first few times. I really do LOVE FC, Valloric. Thank you!!

Hitch
Old 11-19-2010, 06:38 AM   #9
Perkin
Guru
Perkin calls his or her ebook reader Vera.Perkin calls his or her ebook reader Vera.Perkin calls his or her ebook reader Vera.Perkin calls his or her ebook reader Vera.Perkin calls his or her ebook reader Vera.Perkin calls his or her ebook reader Vera.Perkin calls his or her ebook reader Vera.Perkin calls his or her ebook reader Vera.Perkin calls his or her ebook reader Vera.Perkin calls his or her ebook reader Vera.Perkin calls his or her ebook reader Vera.

Device: Sony PRS-300, Kobo Aura HD, iPad (Marvin)
@Hitch, Hope Valloric doesn't mind, but I hacked the code now lots of rockets zoom about, leaving smoke trails which congratulate you on a correctly validated epub.

Just for you.

Problem is I missed a couple of settings and they're all invisible and silent.
Sorry about that.

It's in the next release, and the really amazing thing was that it didn't and any size to the executable or packages.
Perkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2010, 01:40 AM   #10
Hitch
Bookmaker & Cat Slave

Wow, THANKS, Perky! ;-) The really amazing part is how it didn't add any size to the package...that impressed me. Can't wait to NOT see it and NOT hear it!

Hitch :-)