Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 01-25-2013, 06:13 AM   #1
Koko
thinking thing
Koko is faster than slow light.Koko is faster than slow light.Koko is faster than slow light.Koko is faster than slow light.Koko is faster than slow light.Koko is faster than slow light.Koko is faster than slow light.Koko is faster than slow light.Koko is faster than slow light.Koko is faster than slow light.Koko is faster than slow light.

Device: xx
Exclamation Item Under Review (a message from Amazon)

After moving to paperwhite I noticed a dictionary was made unavailable from downloading. I had a backup of the file, but when trying to open the file I get a message saying that the book was purchased on another account, and therefore cannot be opened.

When looking at the book via my orders, there is a message saying:

Quote:
Item Under Review
This book is currently unavailable because there is an issue with its description, content, or formatting.

We are working with the publisher to fix the issue. As always, we value customer feedback.
They might be working on the issue, but that I don't know. I don't know what the issue might be because the dictionary worked perfectly on my previous kindle dx and touch.

Anyone else had bought items removed from their account?

Last edited by Koko; 01-25-2013 at 07:00 AM.
Koko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 08:37 AM   #2
jmilica
Banned
jmilica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jmilica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jmilica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jmilica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jmilica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jmilica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jmilica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jmilica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jmilica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jmilica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jmilica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle KB, Kindle PW
I had similar issue with one of the books I bought which had very lousy formatting
When I go on Manage my Kindle page it gives me option to download it and if I go for deliver to my PW I get the following message
We're sorry, this title is not currently available for download.
We are investigating the difficulty with this title and ask that you try again in 24 hours. If after that time you are still unable to access this title, please contact us for further assistance. We apologize for the inconvenience.
Thank you for shopping at Amazon.com!
But if I chose delivery to my Kindle 3 it does get the delivered and its same old lousy formatting.
Also, the book is not available for purchase in kindle format any more, I guess too many people complained, so I don't know what was the issue with your dictionary.
jmilica is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-25-2013, 11:21 AM   #3
Koko
thinking thing
Koko is faster than slow light.Koko is faster than slow light.Koko is faster than slow light.Koko is faster than slow light.Koko is faster than slow light.Koko is faster than slow light.Koko is faster than slow light.Koko is faster than slow light.Koko is faster than slow light.Koko is faster than slow light.Koko is faster than slow light.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmilica View Post
I had similar issue with one of the books I bought which had very lousy formatting
When I go on Manage my Kindle page it gives me option to download it and if I go for deliver to my PW I get the following message
We're sorry, this title is not currently available for download.
We are investigating the difficulty with this title and ask that you try again in 24 hours. If after that time you are still unable to access this title, please contact us for further assistance. We apologize for the inconvenience.
Thank you for shopping at Amazon.com!
But if I chose delivery to my Kindle 3 it does get the delivered and its same old lousy formatting.
Also, the book is not available for purchase in kindle format any more, I guess too many people complained, so I don't know what was the issue with your dictionary.
The dictionary had no formatting issues, worked well as an build in dictionary and has received very good reviews, so I cannot see why it should be made unavailable.

Here is a link to the dictionary:
Old 01-25-2013, 11:56 AM   #4
Koko
thinking thing

I contacted the customer CS, and they gave the option to wait for the dictionary to become available again or get a refund. I choose a refund since I cannot be sure that the publisher will ever fix the issue, whatever the issue may be. I'll just repurchase the dictionary if it becomes available again.

Tags
digital content, removed