Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 09-24-2009, 05:42 PM   #1
BeccaAnn
Groupie
BeccaAnn will become famous soon enoughBeccaAnn will become famous soon enoughBeccaAnn will become famous soon enoughBeccaAnn will become famous soon enoughBeccaAnn will become famous soon enoughBeccaAnn will become famous soon enough

Device: Sony PRS-505
Question Joining Audible files

Does anyone know of free and easy to use program that will join audio files from Audible.com? I hate having my audiobooks broken up and would like to have one file to play. I have downloaded Audacity but it's too technical for me. I haven't been able to figure out to join the files and get rid of the part telling me why the book has been broken into parts.
BeccaAnn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2009, 06:53 PM   #2
Jaime_Astorga
Member Retired
Jaime_Astorga has a spectacular aura aboutJaime_Astorga has a spectacular aura aboutJaime_Astorga has a spectacular aura aboutJaime_Astorga has a spectacular aura aboutJaime_Astorga has a spectacular aura aboutJaime_Astorga has a spectacular aura aboutJaime_Astorga has a spectacular aura aboutJaime_Astorga has a spectacular aura aboutJaime_Astorga has a spectacular aura aboutJaime_Astorga has a spectacular aura aboutJaime_Astorga has a spectacular aura about

Device: PRS-350-SC: Sony Reader Pocket Edition
Perhaps you could try the free version of Wavepad? I found it much easier to use than Audacity, myself. Just select what you want, copy it, and paste it onto the other file. 'Tis like a word processor. I think there is also a join function, if you prefer to do it the automatic way...

http://www.nch.com.au/wavepad/

I am reading the Audible FAQs, though, and it seems like their DRM might prevent something like this from happening at all. Still, worth a shot.

http://audible.custhelp.com/
Jaime_Astorga is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-25-2009, 11:51 PM   #3
BeccaAnn
Groupie
BeccaAnn will become famous soon enoughBeccaAnn will become famous soon enoughBeccaAnn will become famous soon enoughBeccaAnn will become famous soon enoughBeccaAnn will become famous soon enoughBeccaAnn will become famous soon enough

Device: Sony PRS-505
Thanks for the reply, Jaime_Astorga. I did try the Wavepad and it was easier to use but unfortunately, it doesn't recognize my Audible files (mp322 files). Audacity does but I still haven't figured out how to work it. I think I will email Audacity and ask them to send me detailed instructions on how to join the files (with a tiny bit of deletion).
BeccaAnn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2009, 12:21 AM   #4
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
AFAIK you'd need to remove the DRM first by either burning to CD and ripping to MP3 (or another audio format) or using a program that basically records to a new file like Sound Taxi.
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2009, 04:13 AM   #5
Sweetpea
Grand Sorcerer
Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Inkpad 4 Color; Samsung Galaxy Tab S6
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnemicOak View Post
AFAIK you'd need to remove the DRM first by either burning to CD and ripping to MP3 (or another audio format) or using a program that basically records to a new file like Sound Taxi.
No need to burn it on a CD.

I have a TomTom which can play audio files (including Audible), but it wouldn't remember exactly where I had stopped. So, I'd either miss a few minutes or had a few minutes repeated. The repeating wasn't so bad, the missing parts were. So, I converted them to MP3, using GoldWave (and then split the file in 3 minute long parts).
Sweetpea is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert