Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Astak EZReader

Notices

Old 09-21-2009, 07:03 PM   #16
tamzilla
Zealot
tamzilla plays well with otherstamzilla plays well with otherstamzilla plays well with otherstamzilla plays well with otherstamzilla plays well with otherstamzilla plays well with otherstamzilla plays well with otherstamzilla plays well with otherstamzilla plays well with otherstamzilla plays well with otherstamzilla plays well with others

Device: nook, Ipod touch
Unfortunately, the fb2 format on the Pocket Pro doesn't seem to recognize any of the user installed fonts. You only get the choice between Times and Arial.
tamzilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2009, 11:16 PM   #17
ThomasMcKean
Disabilities Advocate
ThomasMcKean doesn't litterThomasMcKean doesn't litter

Device: Kindle PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by tamzilla View Post
Unfortunately, the fb2 format on the Pocket Pro doesn't seem to recognize any of the user installed fonts. You only get the choice between Times and Arial.
Yes. Major bummer, that.... I like the way yew can have a smaller font horizontal, and inversing the screen is kind of fun sometimes, too. Gives yew something different. If they would add fonts to FB2, I would read all my books that way, I think.
ThomasMcKean is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-22-2009, 04:46 AM   #18
Sweetpea
Grand Sorcerer
Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Inkpad 4 Color; Samsung Galaxy Tab S6
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaleDe View Post
For the default font you need to put the fonts in the \fonts folder however, for mobi you need to put the fonts in \fonts\index (you can make a copy of the font files)

For the default font you can select any of the various font faces including bold and/or italic as your font assuming you have them loaded. This can be done from the main menu by selecting settings.

For the mobi use there must be all 4 font files present and they must have end in the letters specified or nothing will work. And you don't select them in the system menu but rather in the mobi application itself. The new font should show up in the list.

Exactly what problem are you having? Show the content of the folder in your message to help find the problem you are having.

Dale
I tried a "font" directory, a "fonts" directory, a "Fonts" directory... And neither would give me the option in the mobipocket book. I don't have a SD card (yet) so, it's in the root of the the device.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	font_dir.JPG
Views:	279
Size:	61.6 KB
ID:	36233   Click image for larger version

Name:	font_index_dir.JPG
Views:	292
Size:	39.9 KB
ID:	36234  
Sweetpea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2009, 06:10 AM   #19
Solicitous
Wizard
Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Astak Pocket Pro (Black), 2 x Kindle WiFi (Graphite), iPod Touch 4G
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweetpea View Post
I tried a "font" directory, a "fonts" directory, a "Fonts" directory... And neither would give me the option in the mobipocket book. I don't have a SD card (yet) so, it's in the root of the the device.
According to the FAQ from Astak you require a SD card.

Quote:
To add fonts on your EZ Reader, the font must be a TrueType Font. After you install it, it will only display on WORD and TEXT files (.doc and .txt). Please follow these steps:

1. Find a website where you can download free fonts, such as: http://www.1001freefonts.com
2. After you download your chosen fonts, insert a SD Card into your EZ Reader and connect to your computer via the USB cable.
3. Go to “My Computer” and find the “Removable Disk” where you can view the contents of your SD Card.
4. Under the “File” dropdown menu, select “New > Folder”.
5. Create a new folder and name it “fonts”. The spelling of the folder name is important! Do not name the folder anything else, just simply “fonts”.
6. Copy your chosen fonts from your computer to the “fonts” folder on the SD Card.
7. Disconnect the USB cable.
8. Turn on your EZ Reader if it isn’t already on. Go to the Main Menu of your internal memory (not the SD card main menu). Press the “OK” button to bring up a pop-up menu on the bottom left of your EZ Reader screen.
9. Press #6 for Settings.
10. Then press #3 “Replace font”.
11. Select the font you just added. Then press OK to finish. Now, you can read text files and Microsoft Word documents (.txt, .doc) in your newly chosen font!
Tip: If you want to go back to the default font, simply go back to the Replace Font option under Settings and choose the default font.
Solicitous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2009, 08:12 AM   #20
tamzilla
Zealot
tamzilla plays well with otherstamzilla plays well with otherstamzilla plays well with otherstamzilla plays well with otherstamzilla plays well with otherstamzilla plays well with otherstamzilla plays well with otherstamzilla plays well with otherstamzilla plays well with otherstamzilla plays well with otherstamzilla plays well with others

Device: nook, Ipod touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweetpea View Post
I think the font name has to be either all in caps or all lower case, I don't think it matters which - mine are all in caps. Also, on the Pocket Pro, you don't need the /fonts/index subdirectory, at least it works without it on mine. I tried copying the /fonts directory to the built in storage and removing the SD card and I was able to select the user installed fonts. I think the Pocket Pro expects it to be on the SD Card though.
tamzilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-22-2009, 09:39 AM   #21
Sweetpea
Grand Sorcerer
Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Inkpad 4 Color; Samsung Galaxy Tab S6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Solicitous View Post
According to the FAQ from Astak you require a SD card.
Ahhh, that could explain it... You install the fonts by way of the SD card... I'll try that tonight.
Sweetpea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2009, 01:26 PM   #22
jpt
Enthusiast
jpt began at the beginning.

Device: OLPC; Nokia 770; White EZ Reader Pocket Pro; Bookeen Cybook Odyssey
I'm thinking of getting a Pocket Pro -- the price is rather enticing.

Can someone try the font Gentium Basic and get a photo of it? I'm curious how it renders. You can find it here:

http://scripts.sil.org/CMS/scripts/p...=Gentium_basic

(I'm using it on my OLPC and Nokia 770 for FBReader.)

-- J.P.
jpt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2009, 03:08 PM   #23
gargoyle67
Addict
gargoyle67 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.gargoyle67 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.gargoyle67 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.gargoyle67 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.gargoyle67 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.gargoyle67 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.gargoyle67 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.gargoyle67 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.gargoyle67 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.gargoyle67 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.gargoyle67 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Kobo Aura
There ya go, sorry about the flash:
gargoyle67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2009, 04:54 PM   #24
Robertb
Astak Director, Bus. Devl
Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Astak Pocket PRO
Great Gentium Fonts!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by gargoyle67 View Post
Great work, Gargoyle! Despite the flash of the screen... the Gentium Font looks beautiful and is relaxing to the eyes!!

Thank you!!
Robertb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2009, 05:00 PM   #25
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
gargoyle67 can you please post a photo from a LEGAL eBook? Wizard's First Rule is only legally available as an eBook for the Kindle. Oh and Robertb, your message also contains the same photo of the same illegal eBook.

Last edited by JSWolf; 10-20-2009 at 05:05 PM.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2009, 05:14 PM   #26
Chiron
Fantasy & SciFi Reader
Chiron has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Chiron has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Chiron has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Astak EZ Reader Pocket Pro
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
gargoyle67 can you please post a photo from a LEGAL eBook? Wizard's First Rule is only legally available as an eBook for the Kindle. Oh and Robertb, your message also contains the same photo of the same illegal eBook.
Ok, just for info: If i buy from Amazon Kindle Store that book (or ANY book), take off DRM and then convert to another format so i can read it on my PP is still an ilegal book?

Quote:
Originally Posted by gargoyle67 View Post
http://img10.imageshack.us/img10/3205/gentium.jpg
Can you upload your fonts folder? I would love to have that font on my PP (unless thats illegal)

Last edited by Chiron; 10-20-2009 at 05:31 PM.
Chiron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2009, 05:36 PM   #27
fjtorres
Grand Sorcerer
fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: T100TA,PW2,PRS-T1,KT,FireHD 8.9,K2, PB360,BeBook One,Axim51v,TC1000
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiron View Post
Ok, just for info: If i buy from Amazon Kindle Store that book (or ANY book), take off DRM and then convert to another format so i can read it on my PP is still an ilegal book?
Depends on where you live.
In the US, yes.
Other countries; some yes, some no.

Uploading it to the internet and sharing it with 10,000 of your "closest" friends is ilegal everywhere they catch you, though.
fjtorres is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2009, 05:38 PM   #28
jpt
Enthusiast
jpt began at the beginning.

Device: OLPC; Nokia 770; White EZ Reader Pocket Pro; Bookeen Cybook Odyssey
[QUOTE=gargoyle67;631409]There ya go, sorry about the flash:

Thanks. Seems to be the italic version, but it does look rather nice. I'm actually running my entire Windows system (i.e. all the system fonts) in Gentium, I like it so much. It's quite beautiful.

-- J.P.

Last edited by jpt; 10-20-2009 at 05:49 PM.
jpt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2009, 05:45 PM   #29
gargoyle67
Addict
gargoyle67 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.gargoyle67 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.gargoyle67 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.gargoyle67 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.gargoyle67 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.gargoyle67 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.gargoyle67 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.gargoyle67 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.gargoyle67 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.gargoyle67 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.gargoyle67 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Kobo Aura
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
For your info mr cyber police I own all Terry Goodkinds Sword of truth books via paperback

And if you bothered to notice the page count it's only a sample 1/32 I think Terrys books are a big larger than that ! Perhaps you should think before throwing accusations about.

There I posted it again

Last edited by gargoyle67; 10-20-2009 at 06:03 PM.
gargoyle67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2009, 06:13 PM   #30
Patricia
Reader
Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-500, PRS-505, Asus EEEpc 4G
Thank you, gargoyle67. That is a clear picture, and very informative.

The moderation team see no problems with your posts.
Patricia is offline   Reply With Quote