Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 11-06-2012, 11:09 PM   #181
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michele View Post
Blossom: see above. Maybe that'll work for you.

Thank you to all the patient people here who've answered my many questions. You'll be relieved to hear that I’m done with my current Amazon quest. I want to preface this with the fact that I’ve done very frequent business with Amazon for 12 years now, but have only returned fewer than 10 defective items in all this time":

MightyBright travel booklight – kept
-----------------------------------------------
Net result? One cheap booklight.[/I] Now I’m waiting for a ton of refunds.
It's a nice case but it's red. I only buy black cases for my Kindles.

I'm happy you like the book light! Sorry about all the returns.

This is why I am sticking to my Kindle Fire from last year. It does everything I need it to. I'm partial to Android 2.2 or 2.3 as well.
My newest toy is my Samsung Galaxy Player 5 I got yesterday. It's basically a 5" Android Tablet. Same price as the Kindle Fire but not as good specs but it does what I need it to do. I prefer portability and convenience over the HD for now.
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 11:46 PM   #182
Michele
Addict
Michele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blossom View Post
It's a nice case but it's red. I only buy black cases for my Kindles.
Silly Blossom! $5 and black! 19 left.
Michele is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-06-2012, 11:59 PM   #183
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Ah I just spent $5 for a case for my SGP5. So I missed out. Wont have any more allowance till Friday.
Old 11-08-2012, 12:58 PM   #184
Michele
Addict
Michele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Blossom: see above. Maybe that'll work for you.

Thank you to all the patient people here who've answered my many questions. You'll be relieved to hear that I’m done with my current Amazon quest. I want to preface this with the fact that I’ve done very frequent business with Amazon for 12 years now, but have only returned fewer than 10 defective items in all this time":
Current 2-week final tally:
Kindle Paperwhite – returned, defective
Kindle Paperwhite replacement – returned, defective
Paperwhite case – returned, no longer needed
Kindle Fire HD 7” – returned, defective
Kindle Fire case – returned, no longer needed
Grantwood book light – returned, defective
Lighted case for Kindle 3 – returned, not as bright as advertised
MightyBright travel booklight – kept
-----------------------------------------------
Net result? One cheap booklight.
Now I’m waiting for a ton of refunds.
I don't know whether to laugh or cry -- my saga continues...

I had returned the Grantwood booklight, which is powered via the Kindle Keyboard contacts, because it crashed my KK, requiring a reset. The manufacturer contacted me to say that they would replace the light, but cautioned me that this cannot be the fault of the booklight -- rather, typically the fault of the Kindle contacts, requiring a replacement of the Kindle. I'm waiting for a replacement of the light, and am dreading how this is likely to work out. My KK warranty is up in a couple of weeks.
Old 11-08-2012, 01:07 PM   #185
Blossom
Treasure Seeker

Quote:
I don't know whether to laugh or cry -- my saga continues...

I had returned the Grantwood booklight, which is powered via the Kindle Keyboard contacts, because it crashed my KK, requiring a reset. The manufacturer contacted me to say that they would replace the light, but cautioned me that this cannot be the fault of the booklight -- rather, typically the fault of the Kindle contacts, requiring a replacement of the Kindle. I'm waiting for a replacement of the light, and am dreading how this is likely to work out. My KK warranty is up in a couple of weeks.

It's the light. Several others if you read the reviews had this issue.
Advert
Old 11-08-2012, 09:20 PM   #186
xendula
eBookworm
xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 4B/K ~ Nexus 7 ~ Kindle Paperwhite 1&2 ~ iPad Air
Wow, Michele, even your Fires were defective? Sorry to hear about our troubles. I just shipped four defective PWs back today, along with a persimmon cover (replaced with a purple one, because I could not stand the color and the orangey frame around the kindle when opened was distracting). I feel liberated getting rid of all the defective devices- it has been a long and difficult road for me.
xendula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 09:49 PM   #187
Michele
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by xendula View Post
Wow, Michele, even your Fires were defective? Sorry to hear about our troubles. I just shipped four defective PWs back today, along with a persimmon cover (replaced with a purple one, because I could not stand the color and the orangey frame around the kindle when opened was distracting). I feel liberated getting rid of all the defective devices- it has been a long and difficult road for me.
Yes, my Fire HD had blooms of backlight in the corners bleeding into the black screen background. While it may be liberating to send these all back, I'm now dealing with Customer Service's mistakes in not designating the reason for return as "defective", resulting in automatic charges for the return shipping. I'm about ready to start a spreadsheet to keep track of which returns got appropriately refunded.

I'm sorry you're going through similar difficulties. Did you finally get a good Paperwhite at last?

Last edited by Michele; 11-08-2012 at 09:52 PM.
Old 11-08-2012, 10:21 PM   #188
xendula
eBookworm
xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 4B/K ~ Nexus 7 ~ Kindle Paperwhite 1&2 ~ iPad Air
Michele, yes, I settled on the devices I could live with. None of them are perfect, but having gone through so many replacements, I realized that I will never see a perfect 1st gen PW, and I really love the interface.
xendula is offline   Reply With Quote