Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices > enTourage eDGe

Notices

Old 04-19-2012, 10:16 AM   #31
Burgher
Connoisseur
Burgher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Burgher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Burgher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Burgher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Burgher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Burgher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Burgher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Burgher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Burgher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Burgher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Burgher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Entourage eDGe
If you simply manually modify that file, the library will be broken. But Market should start working. Either you didn't really save the results because of lack of permissions, or you didn't reboot. Better just wait for my update.
Burgher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012, 10:34 AM   #32
Lobotom1
Lobotom1 began at the beginning.

Device: entourage edge
I simply not rebooted the machine.

I put back the serial untoutched file and I will wait your mod.

Thany you,

Lobo.
Lobotom1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-19-2012, 12:50 PM   #33
Burgher
Connoisseur
Burgher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Burgher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Burgher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Burgher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Burgher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Burgher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Burgher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Burgher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Burgher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Burgher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Burgher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Hi, Lobo! Made a mod adding support for devices like yours: Allmine-Universal-0.4.zip.

Report your results as soon as you update. I'm curious.

Last edited by Burgher; 04-20-2012 at 07:05 AM.
Old 04-19-2012, 01:50 PM   #34
Lobotom1

Hi,

1) Library is broken
2) There is an issue with the creation of the serial:

creating serial number file
hardware reports serial number is: F20209100248
fixed serial number is: F2020910001

lobo

If needed I can restart the whole process again (from dingo to ermine) Right now I don't have a populated library, this is not a problem for the tests.

Last edited by Lobotom1; 04-19-2012 at 02:00 PM.
Old 04-19-2012, 02:20 PM   #35
Burgher
Connoisseur

Strange. For some reason the last piece of s/n didn't get created. I think I overly complicated the code. I've swapped the attachment, try it now

Last edited by Burgher; 04-19-2012 at 02:27 PM.
Advert
Old 04-20-2012, 04:46 AM   #36
Lobotom1

Hi,

Hourray !!!

I had to restart the process entirely from Dingo but at last I got the market up and running !

Thank you Burgher for your fantastic work

Even if I restarted everything from scratch the library is broken. Will try to fix it.
The Sqlite mod of the library.db is a bit obscure to me as the allmine should have done it automatically.

from log:
checking for library on /dev/mmcblk0p1
INFO: SD_PRESENT=false, SD_ROOT=, SD_UMOUNT=
Fixing the internal Library
extracting gapps files...

Lobo

Last edited by Lobotom1; 04-20-2012 at 05:57 AM.
Old 04-20-2012, 06:37 AM   #37
Burgher
Connoisseur

Ooops, found the bug.

Shame on me, it turned out that the section of the code that is responsible for patching the Library in internal memory still contained a variable name inherited from original Allmine. Fixed. Redownload the attachment:

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/att...1&d=1333834020

Now library fix should work as designed.

Last edited by Burgher; 04-20-2012 at 07:08 AM.
Old 04-20-2012, 07:11 AM   #38
Burgher
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by bonaparten View Post
Any news about fixing the standby problems?
Shame on you, bonaparten! The very day you mentioned this problem in this thread, I've started having the hibernation issue!
Old 04-20-2012, 09:00 AM   #39
fekhner
Addict
fekhner is kind to children and small, furry animalsfekhner is kind to children and small, furry animalsfekhner is kind to children and small, furry animalsfekhner is kind to children and small, furry animalsfekhner is kind to children and small, furry animalsfekhner is kind to children and small, furry animalsfekhner is kind to children and small, furry animalsfekhner is kind to children and small, furry animalsfekhner is kind to children and small, furry animalsfekhner is kind to children and small, furry animalsfekhner is kind to children and small, furry animals

Device: DRs, EE, ipad/iphone, Helix
I have the hibernation issue as well, the only (imperfect) workaround I have found so far is not to let the EE hibernate at all,
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...weredge&page=3
and then from post #42
http://www.ratshome.net/android/poweredge.html
fekhner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2012, 09:12 AM   #40
Burgher
Connoisseur

I've tried the methods described in the first post ot that thread. I'm not sure if that's what really helped, but now my EE wakes from hibernation normally again.
Old 04-20-2012, 09:16 AM   #41
fekhner
Addict
fekhner is kind to children and small, furry animalsfekhner is kind to children and small, furry animalsfekhner is kind to children and small, furry animalsfekhner is kind to children and small, furry animalsfekhner is kind to children and small, furry animalsfekhner is kind to children and small, furry animalsfekhner is kind to children and small, furry animalsfekhner is kind to children and small, furry animalsfekhner is kind to children and small, furry animalsfekhner is kind to children and small, furry animalsfekhner is kind to children and small, furry animals

Device: DRs, EE, ipad/iphone, Helix
in my experience, waking up from hibernation sometimes works correctly after a short time, but never after a longer time (a couple of hours or so)
fekhner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2012, 10:05 AM   #42
Burgher
Connoisseur

Checked after three hours. Success.
Old 04-20-2012, 11:23 AM   #43
bonaparten
bonaparten began at the beginning.

Device: enTourage eDGe
Quote:
Originally Posted by Burgher View Post
Shame on you, bonaparten! The very day you mentioned this problem in this thread, I've started having the hibernation issue!
Sorry mate
Anyway in my experience waking up from hibernation works good only the first time, if I try again after a few minutes and for just few minutes it doesn't wake up anymore and I must remove the battery.
bonaparten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2012, 11:25 AM   #44
Burgher
Connoisseur

In my case when it failed to wake up I didn't have to pull the battery. Just holding the power button for 2 secs was enough.
Old 04-20-2012, 11:44 AM   #45
bonaparten
bonaparten began at the beginning.

Device: enTourage eDGe
That doesn't work by me!
bonaparten is offline   Reply With Quote