Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > News

Notices

Old 09-22-2011, 05:25 PM   #316
toronado
Addict
toronado ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.toronado ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.toronado ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.toronado ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.toronado ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.toronado ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.toronado ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.toronado ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.toronado ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.toronado ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.toronado ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
I don't have an eReader yet. I've been waiting a long time to get one, and this new Sony is looking like what I've been waiting for. I'd really like to get one as soon as they ship, but I'm probably going to wait for at least the first wave of user reviews before I order, just to make sure.
toronado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2011, 05:30 PM   #317
MrsJoseph
Loves Ellipsis...
MrsJoseph ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrsJoseph ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrsJoseph ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrsJoseph ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrsJoseph ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrsJoseph ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrsJoseph ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrsJoseph ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrsJoseph ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrsJoseph ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrsJoseph ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Wifi (broken), nook STR (returned), Kobo Touch, Sony T1
Quote:
Originally Posted by carpetmojo View Post
I suppose I can get (but only just) why people feel compelled to queue up for 48 hours in the depth of winter/height of tropical heatwave summer to get a "latest generation" wotever device, in the flesh, and actually have it in your hands. And enjoy the party atmosphere, or your picture in the world's newspapers - but, sorry, I am totally at a loss to see the excitement about pre-ordering.

Aside from harbouring a [surprisingly well proven] vague conviction that I'll let others "iron out the bumps" , and sort out the glitches, in something new, I am never really seized by the neccessity to give any business their first quarter's sales figures on a plate, through my commitment to buy their product, especially sight unseen.
If there was a "plus/bonus" aspect re: price or extras, or perhaps availability, it helps to explain it, but I'm still struggling with the concept......

Mind you, it is a well trodden commercial path - get the committment, ideally the cash, up front so you can factor in how many to make/knit/paint.....

On the other hand, if you can't walk into a shop and buy one, 'cos they haven't got any, I suppose things are a trifle tricky, really.

Probably the same reason why people want to buy and read a book the day of release.
MrsJoseph is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-26-2011, 10:50 AM   #318
Pinecone
Guru
Pinecone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pinecone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pinecone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pinecone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pinecone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pinecone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pinecone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pinecone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pinecone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pinecone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pinecone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-650, PRS-600, PRS-350
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellmark View Post
But shouldn't that remain the same, if they're within the same country?
Yes, but the post I was referring to asked why different prices in different countries.
Pinecone is offline   Reply With Quote