Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices > enTourage eDGe

Notices

Old 06-03-2011, 10:56 AM   #46
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB 1150, EZ Reader, Literati, iPad 2 & Air 2, iPhone 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by javese View Post
I made a successful offline update using the zip file downloaded from
http://cdn.entourageedge.com/permine...zip.ermine-0.9 today,with a 8G usb stick.
Welcome to all the new users to MobileRead. Be aware that linking to an external site will require approval of a moderator until you have made enough posts to ensure that you are not a spammer. Nothing personal is intended but we have to keep the site clean. Be patient, the posting will get approved when a moderator looks it over or avoid external links until you have posted 10 times or more. Similar rules are used for signatures.

Dale
DaleDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2011, 11:31 AM   #47
EdgeLover523
EdgeLover523 began at the beginning.

Device: Entourage Edge, Pocket Edge, Nook
I just registered a new PE and did an update to ermine using the "update" function on the entourage web site. I don't know if the area to agree to beta is still up as I used the same registration I used on my other PE.
EdgeLover523 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-03-2011, 12:49 PM   #48
bucsfan2455
bucsfan2455 began at the beginning.

Device: Pocket Edge
I upgraded to Ermine and started receiving the white screen of death. I contacted Entourage and proceeded with the downgrade to Dingo, but the battery dead mid stream. I sent the PE to Entourage, but they closed down shop before they received it. I have tried several times to downgrade without success. Does anyone have any idea how to reload the OS completely?
bucsfan2455 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2011, 12:55 PM   #49
emusan
lol
emusan can extract oil from cheeseemusan can extract oil from cheeseemusan can extract oil from cheeseemusan can extract oil from cheeseemusan can extract oil from cheeseemusan can extract oil from cheeseemusan can extract oil from cheeseemusan can extract oil from cheese

Device: eDGe
Quote:
Originally Posted by bucsfan2455 View Post
I upgraded to Ermine and started receiving the white screen of death. I contacted Entourage and proceeded with the downgrade to Dingo, but the battery dead mid stream. I sent the PE to Entourage, but they closed down shop before they received it. I have tried several times to downgrade without success. Does anyone have any idea how to reload the OS completely?
Have you tried using the golden update.zip, there is one for the PE around here somewhere, if done right it should restore everything to factory OS settings...
emusan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2011, 01:06 PM   #50
bucsfan2455

Yeah that is the one Entourage service emailed me, but I think powering off in the middle did something. I never get the message the software is being updated now. I am on attempt number 5 today.
Advert
Old 06-03-2011, 02:11 PM   #51
emusan
lol
emusan can extract oil from cheeseemusan can extract oil from cheeseemusan can extract oil from cheeseemusan can extract oil from cheeseemusan can extract oil from cheeseemusan can extract oil from cheeseemusan can extract oil from cheeseemusan can extract oil from cheese

was this the same update.zip and same flashdrive you used last time?
Old 06-03-2011, 02:25 PM   #52
bucsfan2455

I have been using a different USB stick. I have used the same update.zip file, and the one I found in the forum. I actually thought the USB stick was the problem during the original downgrade, because it had a autorun app on it for Windows.
Old 06-03-2011, 03:28 PM   #53
emusan
lol

could it be that this new usb stick is formatted in a way that the eDGe can't recognize it?
Old 06-03-2011, 04:05 PM   #54
CharlieBird
¿Huh?
CharlieBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CharlieBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CharlieBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CharlieBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CharlieBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CharlieBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CharlieBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CharlieBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CharlieBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CharlieBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CharlieBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: HiSense A7 CC, Fire HD6, Kobo Libra2
True to my word, emusan, I come bringing a problem. I've been "into" my PE for close to 30hrs. straight, w/about 3hrs. sleep! The main problem I had most of yesterday was (first off I totally screwed it up again and had to do two factory resets) I could not get it to accept the Ermine update. I tried everything I could think of, counting parts of different updates, rearranging them...nothing worked. About 4AM I redownloaded the 0.9 updates provided by mrlanrat and Last_of_the_PEs (they're the same of course) and the trick for my PE was to only hold the Menu/Rotate buttons for about 4-5secs instead of 10secs. I almost fainted when it booted up Ermine.

Now it's rooted, w/a few basic apps installed; I have copied from my phone:
Contacts Sync Adapter
Gmail
Google Partner Setup
Market
Market Updater
Talk
YouTube

These all have three components because I copied all three from TitanBkUP on my phone. I could not find Google Services Framework or Calendar Sync Adapter in TitanBkUp on my phone or my QT7, so I took a clean (one apk, one component) from a file I had downloaded sometime back of all Android System 2.1 Apps.

This is the part that puzzles me. It seems to me that it would be better to use all clean copies from said 2.1 Apps; that the 7 apps from my phone will be contaminated w/info from the phone that will not be accepted/read by Google on the PE. Can you unpuzzle me?

Oh, the other odd thing that happened: I had both a thumb drive and a sdCard inadvertently connected and when I checked Storage thru Library, it listed Internal Storage, SDCard and USB, but the latter two had no data and Internal Storage had incorporated the USB under the lable edgeSDcard.
d
CharlieBird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2011, 04:06 PM   #55
bucsfan2455

Somewhere I read it was suppose to be FAT32. Is that correct?
Old 06-03-2011, 04:21 PM   #56
emusan
lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlieBird View Post
This is the part that puzzles me. It seems to me that it would be better to use all clean copies from said 2.1 Apps; that the 7 apps from my phone will be contaminated w/info from the phone that will not be accepted/read by Google on the PE. Can you unpuzzle me?
Unfortunately, if you just use clean ones without the data from Titanium Backup you will get some network errors when trying to add a google account, I'm not entirely sure why yet(I don't know if it will ever be certain), but we know that using the data with the backups does allow them to work as long as you use the same google account with your phone as with your PE. I hope this answers your question.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlieBird View Post
Oh, the other odd thing that happened: I had both a thumb drive and a sdCard inadvertently connected and when I checked Storage thru Library, it listed Internal Storage, SDCard and USB, but the latter two had no data and Internal Storage had incorporated the USB under the lable edgeSDcard.
That seems like a very odd problem, have you tried restarting the device and seeing if it changes the labels/status back to normal?

In the future you can create a new topic with new questions, unless your sure that it has to do with the topic you are posting in... It will help to keep everything organized.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bucsfan2455
Somewhere I read it was suppose to be FAT32. Is that correct?
It may support FAT32 normally, though I'm not sure if the update mode supports it, you may want to wait for someone more knowledgeable about that to answer...
Old 06-03-2011, 07:40 PM   #57
pyxiwulf
Connoisseur
pyxiwulf began at the beginning.

Device: Entourage Edge
yes, update supports FAT32 says my FAT32 stick that reflashed my PE with the golden update
pyxiwulf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2011, 09:55 PM   #58
Sarasuru
Sarasuru began at the beginning.

Device: Entourage Pocket Edge
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrlanrat View Post
Well, here it is:
EE: http://cdn.entourageedge.com/eermine...zip.ermine-0.9
PE: http://cdn.entourageedge.com/permine...zip.ermine-0.9
(PE version thanks to Last_of_the_PEs)

Grab it while its hot, and before the entourage servers turn dark for good!

I know this is the file downloaded by the edge when doing the update. I got the url using this handy app: http://www.appbrain.com/app/shark-for-root/lv.n3o.shark

This was done on a full size edge, don't know if it is the same file used by the pocket edge, someone with a PE should find out.

Enjoy!

Total noobie here, so i apologize for the simplicity of the question, but how do I install Ermine onto my PE? I downloaded the file onto the device and was unable to unzip it, so I went over to my mac and did the unpacking there. Now I have the files and shell on my MacBoo Pro and I don't know what to do with them.

Does my Pocket edge need to be rooted? If so, does anyone have a suggestion for how to do it?

Thanks for the help!
Sarasuru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2011, 11:18 PM   #59
emusan
lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarasuru View Post
Total noobie here, so i apologize for the simplicity of the question, but how do I install Ermine onto my PE? I downloaded the file onto the device and was unable to unzip it, so I went over to my mac and did the unpacking there. Now I have the files and shell on my MacBoo Pro and I don't know what to do with them.

Does my Pocket edge need to be rooted? If so, does anyone have a suggestion for how to do it?

Thanks for the help!
Actually, you don't even need to unzip it, all you do is place the update.zip(change it to update.zip if its different) into the root folder(top level) of an SD card or USB drive, then put that into your eDGe, reboot your eDGe, and while turning on hold down the menu and rotate buttons for ~7secs, you should get a notification of the update happening.
Old 06-05-2011, 03:04 AM   #60
glow
Book and Gadget Fan
glow is a splendid one to beholdglow is a splendid one to beholdglow is a splendid one to beholdglow is a splendid one to beholdglow is a splendid one to beholdglow is a splendid one to beholdglow is a splendid one to beholdglow is a splendid one to beholdglow is a splendid one to beholdglow is a splendid one to beholdglow is a splendid one to behold

Device: Nooks GL3, ST w/GL, Color, HD+; Kindles Voyage & Paperwhite; PE, EE
Download links up on Knowledge Base page
https://www.entourageedge.com/suppor...barticleid=265
glow is offline   Reply With Quote