Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Conversion

Notices

Old 03-08-2011, 06:19 PM   #1
BeccaAnn
Groupie
BeccaAnn will become famous soon enoughBeccaAnn will become famous soon enoughBeccaAnn will become famous soon enoughBeccaAnn will become famous soon enoughBeccaAnn will become famous soon enoughBeccaAnn will become famous soon enough

Device: Sony PRS-505
Question Title page of metadata different

I was using Calibre 7.32 and it converted RTF to LRF fine, with the metadata title page. It gave me book title, the series name and number (from my collection organizing) and the summary of the book (from the comments section) at the top of the page, the next page was the start of the story.
Since I've switched to 7.42, my title page only has the summary and it's now located at the bottom of the page, sometimes going to a second page. I also now get a second or third page depending if the summary was split with the word Toshiba or the page is blank, then the story starts on page 3 or 4.
I didn't make any changes when I did the update. Is there any way to fix this back to what it was or should I try to find & install version 7.32?
BeccaAnn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2011, 10:49 PM   #2
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeccaAnn View Post
I was using Calibre 7.32 ...

Since I've switched to 7.42
Since the current version is 0.7.48 why did you switch to 0.7.42?

What OS are you running.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-09-2011, 08:48 AM   #3
BeccaAnn
Groupie
BeccaAnn will become famous soon enoughBeccaAnn will become famous soon enoughBeccaAnn will become famous soon enoughBeccaAnn will become famous soon enoughBeccaAnn will become famous soon enoughBeccaAnn will become famous soon enough

I made the switch to 7.42 when it was released. I was tired of updating so often when it wasn't really affecting what I was using. I don't get news feeds and RSS. I'm using Vista for OS.
Would switching to 7.48 correct this? I tried to download 7.32 last night to see if that would work but that didn't work. I guessed and was choosing to download the mis. of the 5 downloads available but nothing happened. It just said that the download would begin shortly.
Old 03-09-2011, 10:30 AM   #4
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
LRF output is unmaintained. Either stick with an older version or switch to using EPUB. Upgrading to 0.7.48 will not help.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2011, 01:46 PM   #5
BeccaAnn
Groupie

Okay. I tried an example with epub output. Is there anyway to get rid of the first page that has the picture of calibre on it, since the info I want is printed on the second? Also, on the third page, just before the book starts, Toshiba is appearing. That is the brand name of my laptop. Is there any way to get rid of this?
Advert
Old 03-09-2011, 01:48 PM   #6
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
set a cover for you book and the first page will use that instead of the default cover.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
conversion, metadata