Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 01-15-2013, 08:25 AM   #21901
GeoffC
Chocolate Grasshopper ...
GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Muse HD , Cybook Gen3 , Pocketbook 302 (Black) , Nexus 10: wife has PW
Quote:
Originally Posted by orlok View Post
That's my understanding too. Best of luck with the molar extraction pooh. Will you get a replacement for it?

"best of luck"! ....
GeoffC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 08:30 AM   #21902
Stitchawl
Opsimath
Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650, iPhone 5, Kobo Glo, Sony PRS-350, iPad, Samsung Galaxy
Between new teeth (bridge work,) new eyes (glasses,) new ears (hearing aids,) new weight (lipo,) and for some folks, new hair (implants?) new joints (hips, knees, ) new breasts, I think as we get older we get newer... If we keep this up we may live forever!

Stitchawl
Stitchawl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 09:18 AM   #21903
kennyc
The Dank Side of the Moon
kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle2; Kindle Fire
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stitchawl View Post
Between new teeth (bridge work,) new eyes (glasses,) new ears (hearing aids,) new weight (lipo,) and for some folks, new hair (implants?) new joints (hips, knees, ) new breasts, I think as we get older we get newer... If we keep this up we may live forever!

Stitchawl
Ray thinks we might:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ray_Kurzweil

and

http://abcnews.go.com/Technology/hum...ry?id=17100148
kennyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 09:20 AM   #21904
HomeInMyShoes
Grand Sorcerer
HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
We're not going to live forever, Ponce.
HomeInMyShoes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 09:44 AM   #21905
Stitchawl
Opsimath
Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650, iPhone 5, Kobo Glo, Sony PRS-350, iPad, Samsung Galaxy
Quote:
Originally Posted by HomeInMyShoes View Post
I don't know... I'm doing OK so far...

Stitchawl
Stitchawl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 11:03 AM   #21906
orlok
Close to the Edit!
orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Amazon Fire 8", Kindle 6"
Quote:

Stitchawl
That's all very well, but until we can fully replace the brain, after a period of time the mechanics might be okay, but there'll be no-one at home .
orlok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 11:11 AM   #21907
kennyc
kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Ray says.....
Old 01-15-2013, 11:14 AM   #21908
victauria
Grand Sorcerer
victauria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.victauria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.victauria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.victauria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.victauria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.victauria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.victauria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.victauria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.victauria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.victauria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.victauria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, Kindle Fire HD
Quote:
That's all very well, but until we can fully replace the brain, after a period of time the mechanics might be okay, but there'll be no-one at home .
Ummm...in a lot of cases we won't be able to tell the difference.
victauria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 11:29 AM   #21909
kennyc

Quote:
Originally Posted by victauria View Post
Ummm...in a lot of cases we won't be able to tell the difference.
Old 01-15-2013, 11:35 AM   #21910
orlok
Close to the Edit!
orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Amazon Fire 8", Kindle 6"
Quote:
Originally Posted by kennyc View Post
Ray says.....
I did start reading the Wiki piece, but got stuck at the bit about red wine, and dashed off to the wine cellar (well, cupboard, actually). Now THERE'S a man after my own heart.
orlok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 11:39 AM   #21911
kennyc

Quote:
I did start reading the Wiki piece, but got stuck at the bit about red wine, and dashed off to the wine cellar (well, cupboard, actually). Now THERE'S a man after my own heart.
Ha!

Quote:
Kurzweil admits that he cared little for his health until age 35, when he was found to suffer from a glucose intolerance, an early form of type II diabetes (a major risk factor for heart disease). Kurzweil then found a doctor who shares his non-conventional beliefs to develop an extreme regimen involving hundreds of pills, chemical intravenous treatments, red wine and various other methods to attempt to live longer. Kurzweil ingests "250 supplements, eight to 10 glasses of alkaline water and 10 cups of green tea" every day and drinks several glasses of red wine a week in an effort to "reprogram" his biochemistry.[51] Lately, he has cut down the number of supplement pills to 150.[52]

Kurzweil joined the Alcor Life Extension Foundation, a cryonics company. In the event of his death, Kurzweil's body will be chemically preserved, frozen in liquid nitrogen, and stored at an Alcor facility in the hope that future medical technology will be able to revive him.[53]
Old 01-15-2013, 12:07 PM   #21912
poohbear_nc
Now what?
poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Every Kindle Ever Made & To Be Made!
Update to rant:

1. I look like a lop-sided chipmunk .... everyone asks me if I have cotton stuffed in my right cheek. Sigh. I'm gonna have to punch someone.

2. Had conference with oral surgeon today - will remove what's left of the molar Friday morning (letting the swelling/inflammation from the aborted root canal procedure go down while I build up my antibiotic levels) & insert a bone graft under laughing gas -- for an implant surgery in 2 months. Since it's the last molar in the row, I can't get a bridge or partial for it.

3. If I can't drink, this ain't gonna happen.
[But I am widely separating alcohol intake from antibiotic intake - and being quite moderate.]

Sigh .... I'd kill to chew something crunchy!

I HATE TEETH!!!
poohbear_nc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 12:17 PM   #21913
wodin
Illiterate
wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Galaxy S10+, Microsoft Surface Pro
Quote:
Originally Posted by poohbear_nc View Post
I'M MAD AS HELL AND .... AND ... AND AS SOON AS I GET SOME FEELING BACK INTO MY LIPS, I'M GOING TO YELL ABOUT IT!

So .... I went to get a root canal today ... after eating through straws for 3 days. And munching Vicodin like M&M's.
And ... I endure the repeated X-Rays, the testing with hot & cold that makes you cry like a baby, and the "hundreds" of needle sticks that finally numbs the entire right side of my head ... and the dental dam that suffocates you because the Novocaine has collapsed your nostril!
And ... the drilling begins ... I settle back for 2 hours of fun ... and suddenly the drilling stops ... and I hear the dentist say "Oh dear - I'm not going to be able to save this one."

It seems there was a fracture in one of the largest roots hidden by the old amalgam filling - that couldn't be sealed - literally splitting the tooth in half - no wonder I've been in excruciating pain!

So ... I'm sent home with half my face feeling the size of a basketball, a temporary filling, prescriptions for more Vicodin and antibiotics, and an appointment tomorrow with an oral surgeon to plan the removal of the molar! With instructions "Not to chew" until the tooth is out.

The nurse whispers "Better get some ibuprofen into you as soon as possible" as I leave. Have you ever tried to swallow 4 pills with water when there is absolutely no feeling in your tongue or in over 3/4 of your mouth? Or tell the pharmacist your date of birth without drooling on the counter?

*snivel*

I have consumed another cup of soup, 4 more ibuprofen, 2 amoxicillin capsules - and a Guinness!

I HATE TEETH!
I've had natural teeth and I've had plastic teeth; and I've had a whole lot less trouble with the plastic ones than I've had with the natural ones.

Be happy that you'll finally be rid of the bugger!
wodin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 12:21 PM   #21914
wodin
Illiterate
wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomeInMyShoes View Post
I already have!
Old 01-15-2013, 12:25 PM   #21915
wodin
Illiterate

Quote:
Unless I'm mistaken, the problem of mixing antibiotics and alcohol is that the alcohol reduces the efficacy of the drug rather than there being a physical danger because of the combination... but don't quote me on this. There IS a reason not to mix them.

Stitchawl
True, but booze and Vicodin can have some rather nasty interactions.

Tags
creepy crawlers!, dell computers, monteverdi, thread that never ends, tubery, unutterable silliness