Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Devices

Notices

Old 03-01-2010, 02:02 PM   #1
RobPope
RobPope began at the beginning.

Device: Elonex 511EB
[Old Thread] Support for Elonex 511EB

Hi,

I have installed your software and it looks like just what I am looking for.

I have an Elonex 511EB and the latest version 0.6.43 installed but can't see my reader on the conversion list. Should I be able to or should I use another reader for formating.

Thanks for your help
RobPope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2010, 02:24 PM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Just use the sony profile, it will work fine.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-01-2010, 03:01 PM   #3
RobPope
RobPope began at the beginning.

Device: Elonex 511EB
Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
Just use the sony profile, it will work fine.
Thanks I'll give it a go.
RobPope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2011, 02:20 PM   #4
Elonex500eb-User
Now a Kindle3 User ..lol
Elonex500eb-User began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle3+wiFi no 3g
Elonex500 - Calibre setup

The Uk book retailer (Waterstones) I bought the my Elonex500eb from uses Adobe Digital Editions to manage DRM on its ebooks sales. So although I will have to use Adobe, if I actually buy any ebooks, I prefer something else for as my main mgt tool - hence Calibre.

When I intially tried using Calibre my books where not being displayed on the Elonex library list. I thought this was due to a conflict with Adobe.

The Elonex comes with some pre installed files when I was testing the Adobe library functions it seemed that Adobe did not properly delete them.

So I deleted those files directly on the device, and reinstalled half through Adobe & half through Calibre and all files are now properly displayed.

Maybe I made some errors in Adobe or Calibre or it maybe the case that pre installed files somehow interfere with Calibre books being properly listed in the Elonex library.

My setup up seems fine now.

This long winded post is only intended to highlight the possibility of some conflict between the pre installed files (all epub) and the subsequent installation of books through Calibre.

Since the non appearnce of those books would be enough to cause people to say Calibre does not work on the Elonex 500eb.

My experience suggests otherwise, so thanks for some great software.
Elonex500eb-User is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2011, 04:31 PM   #5
Manichean
Wizard
Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.

Device: Cybook Gen3
Moderator Notice
You've responded to a thread that is about a year old. Please don't revive old threads, as, due to Calibre's rapid development cycle, information may rapidly become outdated. Next time, please start a new thread
Manichean is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert