Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Reading and Management

Notices

Old 10-18-2005, 11:59 AM   #1
Colin Dunstan
Is papyrophobic!
Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Dell Axim
PalmPDF - native PDF Viewer for Palm OS 5.x

One thing's for sure: Reading PDF documents on a handheld isn't something for the faint-hearted. If you haven't given up yet or tried to convert your PDF into a more usable format, you may find your luck with Henk "MetaView" Jonas' PalmPDF, which works on any Palm OS 5.x device and promises native PDF reading support. The current version (0.1) seems to be very picky with available main memory, so make sure you have a lot of it before start the app.

After you downloaded the zip, copy PalmPDF.prc into your main memory, the folder PalmPDF to your card into "/PALM/Programs/" and all PDF documents into "/PALM/Programs/PalmPDF".

[via Tam's Palm OS Blog]
Colin Dunstan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2005, 04:34 PM   #2
tothewongs
tothewongs began at the beginning.

Device: Palm TX
I have attempted to install PalmPDF per directions given on zip file. It all installs fine except for the PFB files. I think these are the font files. I have tried doing the install per the Palm Desktop quick install and then hotsync. The PFB files do not get installed and there is a message that reads something to the effect: no application uses these files. On my TX, I see the directory where the pdf files are but when I select "SHOW" it says the program cannot find the font files. Is there another way to put those files on my pda sd card?

L. Wong
tothewongs is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-23-2005, 02:09 PM   #3
tothewongs
tothewongs began at the beginning.

Device: Palm TX
No worries. I installed Card Export and got the files transferred. Works like a charm!

L.Wong
tothewongs is offline   Reply With Quote