Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 11-01-2009, 11:53 AM   #16
WT Sharpe
Bah, humbug!
WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, iPad Pro, & a Samsung Galaxy S9.
Quote:
Originally Posted by dwallbaum View Post
... I also noted that when the K2 was plugged into just the computer's USB port to charge, the amber light went out after a while ...
The amber light should stay on until the unit is fully charged, then change to green. It sounds like the USB cord you are using (not the charger, since you weren't using it in this instance) has a break in the wiring. Sometimes a small break will allow continuity, if the cord is flexed in a way that permits the broken wires to touch, so the problem you experience will be intermittent.

My recommendation: get a new USB cord with a mini-connector that will fit your Kindle and see if that doesn't solve your problem!

I suspect that your charger is perfectly OK.
WT Sharpe is offline   Reply With Quote