Notices

Old 04-29-2014, 03:46 AM   #136
kellynj
kellynj began at the beginning.

Device: PRS 505
Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinH View Post
Hi,

Now how do I go about moving the ebook that they messed up on?

Ideas?

KevinH
Contact customer support. I spoke with them tonight about books Kobo said didn't transfer - but most of those books are now "recommended for you by Kobo!" Yeah, now give me my book you kept from me!!" CSR was very helpful. Pulled my account info & forwarded my the list so I could find all the did not transfer ones. I was advised to click the free preview & then the rep was going to use that as a starting list of what needs to be moved over.

Short answer, contact CSM, they have a plan in place.
kellynj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2014, 06:58 PM   #137
kellynj
kellynj began at the beginning.

Device: PRS 505
Follow up to the follow up - their answer now is "we have a different version then the one you purchased from Sony, so you need to repurchase it". Yeah - NO. Same cover, same edition, same EVERYTHING - they just think they can screw the people that were forced over. Going up chain with it & see what happens.
kellynj is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-08-2014, 05:10 AM   #138
melmac
Wizard
melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS650, Sony T3
Just received an Email they are now closing the Australia and Europe store 16th June 2014
melmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2014, 03:07 AM   #139
Tom Swift
Addict
Tom Swift ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tom Swift ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tom Swift ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tom Swift ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tom Swift ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tom Swift ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tom Swift ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tom Swift ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tom Swift ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tom Swift ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tom Swift ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis (plus lots of older devices)
And of course I just missed this. No email from Sony or Kobo. I checked my gmail account today. Nothing. Checked the spam and trash folders as well. Nothing. I had forgotten all about this and suddenly over 700 books gone. Thanks Sony and Kobo.

And yes, I should have looked into this before the deadline, but seriously, what a screwed-up business model. Won't be buying anything from Kobo or Sony if I can help it. There is not even an option on their respective web sites to resend the email in case it never comes in. Pitiful.
Tom Swift is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2014, 03:42 AM   #140
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Swift View Post
And of course I just missed this. No email from Sony or Kobo. I checked my gmail account today. Nothing. Checked the spam and trash folders as well. Nothing. I had forgotten all about this and suddenly over 700 books gone. Thanks Sony and Kobo.
Gmail's spam folder clears itself automatically after 30 days so if you got an email and it went there it's possible gmail already deleted it. If you don't already have backups you may still be able to download from Sony. They said downloads would stop April 30th, but I just logged in and tried downloading a book from Sony and was successful.

Quote:
And yes, I should have looked into this before the deadline, but seriously, what a screwed-up business model. Won't be buying anything from Kobo or Sony if I can help it. There is not even an option on their respective web sites to resend the email in case it never comes in. Pitiful.
I'm not a huge fan of Kobo CS, but did you try contacting them, or Sony CS, to see about getting a new email sent? It may not have gone as smoothly as it could have, but Sony could have just closed the store without even trying to help people keep access to their books as has happened with some other stores. :shrugs:

Last edited by AnemicOak; 05-12-2014 at 03:56 AM.
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert