Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Ectaco jetBook

Notices

Old 04-30-2012, 03:51 AM   #31
ProDigit
Karmaniac
ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505, Jetbook, + Mini, +Color, Astak Ez Reader Pro, PPW1, Aura H2O
1- I see no picture below,
2- I couldn't care less about more languages, but I do care about web functionality, and above all, to have a more advanced PDF viewer!
And hope that I can also get a CBR/CBZ viewer, then I can die in peace!
ProDigit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 10:40 AM   #32
davidfmu
davidfmu began at the beginning.

Device: none
Jerry from Ectaco told me that if you guys don't stop complaining about getting your updates on time, that they will simply stop telling you when the updates will come. And they might even stop providing updates to the Jetbook Color.

So be quiet guys. Be very very quiet. We should be grateful that they are even thinking of upgrading an old device like the Jetbook Color. We should thank Ectaco for trying to keep us in the loop about updates. But because of a few rotten apples, we may never get updates on this blog again.

Way to go rotten apples. I hope y'all are happy.
davidfmu is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-01-2012, 12:08 PM   #33
por
Groupie
por is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.por is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.por is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.por is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.por is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.por is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.por is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.por is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.por is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.por is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.por is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.

Device: ONYX M96
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfmu View Post
Jerry from Ectaco told me that if you guys don't stop complaining about getting your updates on time, that they will simply stop telling you when the updates will come. And they might even stop providing updates to the Jetbook Color.

So be quiet guys. Be very very quiet. We should be grateful that they are even thinking of upgrading an old device like the Jetbook Color. We should thank Ectaco for trying to keep us in the loop about updates. But because of a few rotten apples, we may never get updates on this blog again.

That's real smart of Jerry

Last edited by por; 05-01-2012 at 12:12 PM.
por is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 01:27 PM   #34
ProDigit
Karmaniac
ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfmu View Post

I think that would be a very unwise business solution, nothing a company representative should ever say (and I doubt he said something like this).

1- This is mobileread, unconnected to ectaco, and people are able to whine about the device as much as they want here.
2- Ectaco promised the updates, not us! I think considering the circumstances we've been quite patient don't you think? (I mean, the April 1 update is a month late, and there hardly have been complaints on this site concerning this)! I think most of the people are taking it maturely.
3- Threatening with not giving updates will most surely damage company image! People could still refund their devices for not living up to people's expectations, and I think Ectaco can not afford all users returning their devices!

Seeing at all these facts, I highly doubt anyone representing ectaco would ever say that.
However if there are some individuals pestering ectaco with sending them constantly mails about the issue, then they might get this answer; an answer that in my mind is meant 'get off our backs, we're working hard on the issues, stop pestering us until we deliver the fw upgrade'. I think the response would have been more in this way.

And lastly, because the JBC was released prematurely, I highly doubt they see it as an 'old device'. It's brand new, you can't get any newer than this, doesn't even have competition! So seeing all this I think I will largely ignore your post, as I highly doubt any of it is true.

Last edited by ProDigit; 05-01-2012 at 01:30 PM.
Old 05-01-2012, 02:40 PM   #35
Ken Maltby
Wizard
Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Note2, AuraHD, PDA,
I check in at the Ectaco Forum, that Jerry runs, most days and I've not seen anything
like that.

The JBC is what we are calling it, if you look on the back it has another "Official" name.
Ectaco has contractual obligations for the device as an Educational Device tailored to
the needs of particular school systems. I imagine those obligations take precedence,
with the programming staff.

I find it hard to picture Jerry saying anything like that.

Luck;
Ken
Ken Maltby is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-01-2012, 03:29 PM   #36
geronimo
Banned
geronimo doesn't feed trollsgeronimo doesn't feed trollsgeronimo doesn't feed trollsgeronimo doesn't feed trollsgeronimo doesn't feed trollsgeronimo doesn't feed trollsgeronimo doesn't feed trollsgeronimo doesn't feed trollsgeronimo doesn't feed trollsgeronimo doesn't feed trollsgeronimo doesn't feed trolls

Device: several
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProDigit View Post

Seeing at all these facts, I highly doubt anyone representing ectaco would ever say that.

Nowadays people seem to be unable to understand which is clearly meant to be a joke - unless an emoticon is provided ...
geronimo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 03:42 PM   #37
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by geronimo View Post
Nowadays people seem to be unable to understand which is clearly meant to be a joke - unless an emoticon is provided ...
That didn't sound anything remotely like a joke.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 03:43 PM   #38
Ken Maltby
Wizard
Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Note2, AuraHD, PDA,
Quote:
Originally Posted by geronimo View Post
The problem is that there are posters who are engaged in an active effort
to disparage this device, (and moderators that seem to go along with that).
There are entire threads started with that as their objective. Just check
the listing of threads, in this jetbook forum.

Luck;
Ken

Last edited by Ken Maltby; 05-01-2012 at 03:54 PM.
Ken Maltby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 09:36 PM   #39
davidfmu

ECTACO Hi, We are extremely close to releasing the newest firmware. You should see it any day now. I apologize for the delay!

By Facebook
Old 05-01-2012, 09:41 PM   #40
davidfmu

I do not care about update time or update, I just wait for this "apologize" about 30 days.
Old 05-01-2012, 10:34 PM   #41
ProDigit
Karmaniac

Something you got to learn to understand is that,
- If you release the fw on a specific date, people complain about non working / crappy / broken firmware.
- If you release the FW later because of doing a good job, people are complaining because of the delay.

Either way, people will be complaining.

Thus:
If it is necessary to update a device multiple times because of bugs in the fw, you increase the risk of bricking the device with each update.
Thus, try to reduce fw upgrades.
Thus, try to make something perfect from the first time.
If the first time takes longer to debug, then it takes longer....

I know of a great name in the bass world, who invented something today, that nearly all bass amp manufacturers have incorporated, just because he wanted to do everything perfect from the start. It took the community nearly 4 years of waiting, to get the final version out! And his products are still amongst world's best products amongst vintage players (equals people who know good from bad, not from brand fanatics or popular opinion).

They are the difference between the guys running townscars with 20" chromed plastic rims and crappy 10" subs in the trunk; and the guy who buys a lotus or a maserati.

So if your company takes longer to distribute a FW for perfection, then be patient, and your patience will be rewarded.

Besides, no one wants to download a 1,6GB colossal file every month anyway.
Old 05-01-2012, 11:04 PM   #42
davidfmu

U just said nothing~
Old 05-01-2012, 11:47 PM   #43
ProDigit
Karmaniac

I'm so glad this forum has an ignore list. again another person I don't have to worry about.
Old 05-02-2012, 12:43 AM   #44
geronimo
Banned
geronimo doesn't feed trollsgeronimo doesn't feed trollsgeronimo doesn't feed trollsgeronimo doesn't feed trollsgeronimo doesn't feed trollsgeronimo doesn't feed trollsgeronimo doesn't feed trollsgeronimo doesn't feed trollsgeronimo doesn't feed trollsgeronimo doesn't feed trollsgeronimo doesn't feed trolls

Device: several
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProDigit View Post
Something you got to learn to understand is that,
- If you release the fw on a specific date, people complain about non working / crappy / broken firmware.
- If you release the FW later because of doing a good job, people are complaining because of the delay.

Either way, people will be complaining.
So what you are saying basically is: it is not possible to release workable software on time.
This is logical and factual nonsense.
A couple of months back you knew exactly what to expect from Ectaco firmware-wise - and you were one over-enthusiastic customer ...
geronimo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 04:39 AM   #45
davidfmu

A one over-enthusiastic customer maybe, another role maybe...