Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > General Discussions

Notices

Old 02-01-2013, 06:20 AM   #1636
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
OK, a new month, and a sudden splurge. But with good reason!

20 new books bought today. All from Baen.

I've just bought the March bundle, which is only available until the 15th February at the ridiculous 66% discount that the bundle pricing represents.

I also just bought the December 2012 and January 2013 bundles at similar discount thanks to some special discount codes I received by email after asking pr@baen.com, as described on the baenebooks.com website.

It would have been 21 books in total, but I did already own one of the books in the December bundle.

I still have a couple of subscriptions due in February, so my total for February is likely to be 22 books.

So I'm going to do my very best to buy no more books in February.

My TBR is now 13 more than when I started the year....
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 12:22 PM   #1637
Quake1028
Guru
Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: See signature
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quake1028 View Post
Well, I almost made it a month. Joe Hill's Horns was a Kindle Daily Deal on Saturday. $1.99, it was on my wishlist. I HAD to.
Amazon got me again. Alfred Hitchcock: A Life in Darkness and Light is one of the new 100 books on sale for the month. $2.99, wishlist, have GC's still from Christmas. So bought.
Quake1028 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-01-2013, 03:50 PM   #1638
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Being able to wait to buy books at a good price is one of the advantages of a long TBR list.

(& while I did buy a lot of books today, they were at a very good price. Just $51.25 for 20 ebooks - about $2.57 (£1.60) each!)

Last edited by pdurrant; 02-01-2013 at 03:53 PM.
Old 02-10-2013, 05:22 PM   #1639
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠

I have a problem. I've just noticed Sony's 20p ebook offers, and Amazon's price matching of them.

One of the books is currently Life of Pi, which I have heard of, and wonder if I should read just to see what everyone's talking about, and another is by C J Sansom, an author I recognise, as I enjoyed one of their Historical detective stories. And there's the 1,227 QI Facts to Blow your Socks Off book, which would be fun.

But should I buy them? I'm 95% sure I'd like to read the Sansom book. Life of Pi seems to be highly recommended. and the QI book would be fun.

What to do?
Old 02-10-2013, 05:35 PM   #1640
troll05
Harmless idiot
troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB622, Nexus7, Sony PRS 350, Tolino und nur noch wenig toter Baum:(
Make a female decision and buy them all
troll05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-10-2013, 05:47 PM   #1641
dreams
It's about the umbrella
dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 505| K Fire | KK 3G+Wi-Fi | iPhone 3Gs |Vista 32-bit Hm Prem w/FF
Quote:
Originally Posted by troll05 View Post
Make a female decision and buy them all
pfft!
Quote:
Originally Posted by pdurrant View Post
<snip>
But should I buy them? I'm 95% sure I'd like to read the Sansom book. Life of Pi seems to be highly recommended. and the QI book would be fun.

What to do?
Life of Pi was loaned to me and I really tried to read it, but couldn't finish. My boss raved about it and others have really liked it, but it didn't appeal to me at the time. Maybe it would now.

Have you checked the sample to see if you would like it? At that price, it is worth a chance.
dreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 08:45 PM   #1642
Synamon
Lunatic
Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite and Keyboard, Kobo Aura, iPad mini, iPod Touch
Quote:
I have a problem. I've just noticed Sony's 20p ebook offers, and Amazon's price matching of them.

One of the books is currently Life of Pi, which I have heard of, and wonder if I should read just to see what everyone's talking about, and another is by C J Sansom, an author I recognise, as I enjoyed one of their Historical detective stories. And there's the 1,227 QI Facts to Blow your Socks Off book, which would be fun.

What to do?
I highly recommend Life of Pi, you shouldn't pass that up for 20p. Even if it turns out that you don't like it, at least you'll know why people were talking about it.
Synamon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 08:51 PM   #1643
crich70
Grand Sorcerer
crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, Kindle Paperwhite, Calibre, and Mobipocket for Pc (netbook)
Quote:
I never buy paper books anymore.
I rarely buy paper books anymore and when I do it's usually because I don't know of any place where I can buy a copy of it in ebook format. And I usually try to find the ebook inexpensively.
crich70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 05:48 AM   #1644
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠

OK, in the end I figured that the price was too good to pass up for the three books that looked interesting.
Old 02-18-2013, 10:12 AM   #1645
Quake1028
Guru
Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: See signature
Still holding strong at only 2 books bought for the year!
Quake1028 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 10:23 AM   #1646
Synamon
Lunatic
Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite and Keyboard, Kobo Aura, iPad mini, iPod Touch
Quote:
Well done!

That made me curious to see how many ebooks I've bought this year. .........4. Yay! And one of those was only so that I could get the audiobook at a reduced price ($6 for the ebook/audiobook combo). 5 audiobooks bought so far (3 were gifts), not too bad.

PS: This time last year I'd bought at least 50 books, although 30 of those were from the Ed Mcbain 99¢ sale.

Last edited by Synamon; 02-18-2013 at 10:27 AM.
Synamon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 10:59 AM   #1647
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠

Quote:
I am impressed. So far I've bought 35! But that's mostly because of the changes at Baen books.

My average purchase price so far this year is $2.63. Not too bad, I suppose, although not as good as last year ($2.27).
Old 02-18-2013, 02:21 PM   #1648
DrNefario
Wizard
DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle, Kobo Touch, Nook SimpleTouch
I've only bought 3 ebooks, all quite early in January.

Sadly I have also bought 7 pbooks.
DrNefario is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 02:50 PM   #1649
Fbone
Is that a sandwich?
Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Glowlight Plus
None purchased so far this year. I went back to borrowing HC library books.
Fbone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 04:54 PM   #1650
jersysman
Wizard
jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: T1 Red, Kindle Fire, Kindle PW, PW2, Nook HD+, Kobo Mini, Aura HD
I haven't bought that many, but the prices OH MY!! I've bought non-fiction books and they tend to be a little more expensive so far.
jersysman is offline   Reply With Quote