Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > General Discussions

Notices

Old 12-14-2012, 08:10 AM   #1561
Gazella
Wizard
Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis
Quote:
Originally Posted by pdurrant View Post
I too have found this an effective tactic.

Still no books bought in December!
That's what I do. I have 50 books on my Amazon wish list.
Gazella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 08:42 AM   #1562
Quake1028
Guru
Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: See signature
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gazella20 View Post
That's what I do. I have 50 books on my Amazon wish list.
I have 120 = ).
Quake1028 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-14-2012, 11:36 AM   #1563
BelleZora
Wizard
BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 3, Kobo Libra 2
I transferred my Amazon Wish List into eReaderIQ.com and set the price at which I may buy the book. They notify me by email if that price is reached. That eliminates time spent looking for deals and the resulting temptations. I continue to add tempting books to that list.

My purchases this past year, although all good deals I want to read, have resulted in hundreds of TBR books. Enough's enough.
BelleZora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 05:35 PM   #1564
Apache
Readaholic
Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Surface Pro 6 / Galaxy Tab A 8"
I just spent $10.00 on Archie Meets Nero Wolfe: A Prequel to Rex Stout's Nero Wolfe Mysteries by Robert Goldsborough.
Apache
Apache is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 02:39 AM   #1565
DrNefario
Wizard
DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle, Kobo Touch, Nook SimpleTouch
I finally decided to allow myself 5 books from the SF Gateway/Murder Room sales. There are still plenty more I could go for, but 5 seemed a nice round number.
DrNefario is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-18-2012, 05:15 AM   #1566
Turnstone
Zealot
Turnstone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turnstone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turnstone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turnstone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turnstone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turnstone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turnstone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turnstone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turnstone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turnstone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turnstone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch
I bought one book a few days ago, but it was just 99ct. And I found more that interest me, and put them on my wishlist instead of buying them, too. proudofmyself
Turnstone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 08:15 AM   #1567
DrNefario
Wizard
DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle, Kobo Touch, Nook SimpleTouch
Oh dear. This morning, I've also been forced - forced, I say - to buy myself a hardback copy of Iain M Banks' The Hydrogen Sonata in order to take advantage of a special offer while buying a Christmas present.

While this is not an ebook, it does mean that I have to get his previous Culture book, Surface Detail, which has been lurking on my Wish List since it came out.

I'll try to hold off until after Christmas, in case I get any vouchers, but I can't promise anything.
DrNefario is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 12:23 PM   #1568
Turnstone
Zealot
Turnstone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turnstone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turnstone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turnstone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turnstone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turnstone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turnstone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turnstone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turnstone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turnstone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turnstone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch
6 new books today (no, 8, as one of them was a collection of 3). All of them were free, but I want to read them one day, anyway...
Turnstone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 12:52 PM   #1569
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Turnstone View Post
6 new books today (no, 8, as one of them was a collection of 3). All of them were free, but I want to read them one day, anyway...
There is no downside to free ebooks. Free books don't count. So you can relax!
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 01:02 PM   #1570
chilady1
I devour books!
chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Air, Kindle 3/Kobo Aura HD, iPhone 6
Personally, I don't think I will EVER get back on the wagon! Just got a $25.00 Amazon gift card from a co-worker and YES, it was gone in about 20 minutes. I am happy to report that most of the 11 books I purchased from my ever growing wish list were books to complete series.

Oh the agony! Hi, my name is Lisa and I am a book addict!
chilady1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 02:39 PM   #1571
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chilady1 View Post
Personally, I don't think I will EVER get back on the wagon! Just got a $25.00 Amazon gift card from a co-worker and YES, it was gone in about 20 minutes. I am happy to report that most of the 11 books I purchased from my ever growing wish list were books to complete series.

Oh the agony! Hi, my name is Lisa and I am a book addict!
Hello Lisa,

Actually, it sounds like you're doing everything right. Books on a wish list, and when the opportunity arises, buy those that are discounted and/or favourite series. Well done! 11 books for $25 means they must have been at a good discount.

I've just broken the 320 barrier! 319 books left on my TBR list. (Well, in my TBR folder, to be precise. I've just checked my folder against books read to clear out any that I've read but not deleted, and m TBR folder count now matches my count in my books read in 2012 list.)
Old 12-19-2012, 06:32 AM   #1572
mikaelalind
Fanatic
mikaelalind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mikaelalind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mikaelalind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mikaelalind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mikaelalind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mikaelalind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mikaelalind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mikaelalind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mikaelalind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mikaelalind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mikaelalind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS 505, Cybook Odessey
I am happy to report that I have read 20 books from my TBR list since December 1st. . Adding that month read column makes it easy to keep track of when I read a book, and how long it stays unread before I read it.
mikaelalind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 09:17 AM   #1573
Quake1028
Guru
Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: See signature
A book a day? Wow. What I wouldn't do for that kind of time! Envious to be sure.
Quake1028 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2012, 04:53 AM   #1574
applesauce
Addict
applesauce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.applesauce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.applesauce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.applesauce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.applesauce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.applesauce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.applesauce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.applesauce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.applesauce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.applesauce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.applesauce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle oasis
My TBR list is more than 500. I made no dent at all in the last 4 weeks. I had extensive dental work done and the combo of treatment and meds set me back with my MS. Meaning vision issues. It didnt help that I was reading an Anne Rice that I was so struggling with. My tastes have changed so much. I just found she went on and on and on. Drove me nuts. Well put me to sleep. But now well into aq Stephen King and loving it. Just no time to read with so much leading up to christmas.
I am getting a little concerned that I will just dump half my TBR list with such a change in my tastes.

applesauce
applesauce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2012, 04:55 AM   #1575
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠

Quote:
Originally Posted by applesauce View Post
I am getting a little concerned that I will just dump half my TBR list with such a change in my tastes.
A problem with a large TBR pile that I hadn't previously considered.