Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > PocketBook

Notices

Old 06-13-2011, 04:24 PM   #91
paola
Wizard
paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Pro 903, (beloved Pocketbook 360 RIP), Kobo Mini, Kobo Aura
thanks for the update!
paola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2011, 04:39 PM   #92
MartinZ
Zealot
MartinZ doesn't litterMartinZ doesn't litter

Device: PB903, PB603
can't get it to run

Hi there,

I try to get cool reader to run on my PB903 but it does not even start.

I have downloaded the Version for PRO and put

the .app into /mnt/ext1/system/bin

the cr3 folder into /mnt/ext1/system/share

and edited the config file to get cr3 into the pop up menu's.

But the app crashes with "Fehler beim Programmstart" (error while starting program) (I use German Pocketbook).
MartinZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-13-2011, 05:08 PM   #93
paola
Wizard
paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MartinZ View Post
Hi there,

I try to get cool reader to run on my PB903 but it does not even start.

I have downloaded the Version for PRO and put

the .app into /mnt/ext1/system/bin

the cr3 folder into /mnt/ext1/system/share

and edited the config file to get cr3 into the pop up menu's.

But the app crashes with "Fehler beim Programmstart" (error while starting program) (I use German Pocketbook).
Hi Martin, what firmware are you running? I just tried it out in my PB903 and it does work - I am on the 2.1.1 beta version of the firmware.
Old 06-13-2011, 05:18 PM   #94
sein
Connoisseur
sein could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.sein could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.sein could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.sein could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.sein could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.sein could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.sein could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.sein could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.sein could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.sein could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.sein could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.

Device: Kindle, inkBook, Kobo
Quote:

The same thing happened to me on my PB360. I redownloaded the archive several times (http://bivsumy.narod2.ru/pocketbook_602_pro/cr3forpb/), uninstalled the previous versions, and now it's working fine.

Thanks pkbo! The fonts settings and display are much better in this version. Great work!
sein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2011, 05:22 PM   #95
paola
Wizard

pkbo, just one question: with teh new firmware versions is there any fix to make the change of fonts possible?
Advert
Old 06-13-2011, 05:24 PM   #96
MartinZ
Zealot

CR

Hi paola,

i was on 2.06 before - it did not work,

just updated to 2.1.1beta - does not work.

I really have no idea, what could go wrong on my device.

I have already installed other third-party apps, e.g. pbchess and zwadrax, poterm and get_root - I am no newbie. But in case of CR (i tried it several versions before - and it never worked).

I can not find any kind of log file to help me understand, what is wrong, just the message mentioned in last post and back to menu.
Old 06-13-2011, 05:57 PM   #97
paola
Wizard

Hi Martin,
I am really no techie, and do not know what to suggest - it should work, so unless there is something silly like a typo, or an extra space or comma in the extensions.cfg file, I really cannot see why it wouldn't work - perhaps you could send a pm to pkbo (since I am not too sure how often he checks this forum)?
Old 06-13-2011, 07:34 PM   #98
troll05
Harmless idiot
troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB622, Nexus7, Sony PRS 350, Tolino und nur noch wenig toter Baum:(
Hi pkbo,

great work so far

Unfortunately I've got a whole bunch of books from BEAN free library where I'm unable to change Font style or even size, sometimes I get a sufficient result , changing either one or the other, but most times nothing happens
And even if I succeed to have the font I want in the right size, latest after turning of the device it goes back to the previous setting.

My settings are: Droid Serif, size 19, normal, antialiasing on
Preformatted text: off, embedded styles: off, Font kerning (don't know what it is, never touched): on

Chapter headings and italics are shown right, but the normal text parts are shown in something like "Droid Mono" or "Droid Sans MTI Arabic"

I add the book I'm presently reading, so you can have a look at it (it's supposed to be shared, but not sold by BEAN Publishing)

Would be nice if you could fix this

Regards, Troll05
Attached Files
File Type: rar Honor Among Enemies--6 - David Weber.rar (479.3 KB, 184 views)
troll05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2011, 12:45 AM   #99
pkbo
Addict
pkbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pkbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pkbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pkbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pkbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pkbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pkbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pkbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pkbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pkbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pkbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
I can not find any kind of log file to help me understand, what is wrong, just the message mentioned in last post and back to menu.
Looks like some configuration problem. Can you post here your extension.cfg file not all but the part containing association with coolreader? Besides if you have root privileges you may use telnet and try to run coolreader from command line /mnt/ext1/system/bin/cr3-pb.app path_to_sometestbook to check if it works for you in this way.
pkbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2011, 12:49 AM   #100
pkbo
Addict
pkbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pkbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pkbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pkbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pkbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pkbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pkbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pkbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pkbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pkbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pkbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by troll05 View Post
Would be nice if you could fix this
Ok, I'll check this out.
Old 06-14-2011, 12:52 AM   #101
pkbo
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by paola View Post
pkbo, just one question: with teh new firmware versions is there any fix to make the change of fonts possible?
Could you please elaborate on this? I'm just not aware of peculiarities of the new firmware. Is it not possible to change fonts?
Old 06-14-2011, 12:59 AM   #102
pkbo
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by atango View Post
But I found there is one problem in your new version (0.0.5).
When I push OK button, the pop-up configuration menu of Coolreader is in Russian regardless of device language setting.
Do you mean 3x3 quick menu? The picture is wrong but the descriptions at the title of the menu window is correct? If it is what you meant this problem was from the beginning and I don't know how to fix it besides placing correct picture to the skin folder.
Old 06-14-2011, 04:02 AM   #103
Tulapi
Connoisseur
Tulapi could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Tulapi could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Tulapi could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Tulapi could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Tulapi could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Tulapi could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Tulapi could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Tulapi could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Tulapi could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Tulapi could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Tulapi could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.

Device: Pocketbook pro 602, Nook Simple Touch, Inkbook Classic 2, T63 JDRead
Dear pkbo,

Would it be possible to have Coolreader in 16 shades of gray instead of 4, now that we have the SDK for the Pro series ?
Tulapi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2011, 04:08 AM   #104
troll05
Harmless idiot
troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB622, Nexus7, Sony PRS 350, Tolino und nur noch wenig toter Baum:(
Quote:
Originally Posted by pkbo View Post
Could you please elaborate on this? I'm just not aware of peculiarities of the new firmware. Is it not possible to change fonts?
I guess she means the same problem I have with changing fonts
troll05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2011, 04:45 AM   #105
MartinZ
Zealot

cr3

Hi pbko,

it really seems to be some configuration matter, but i can not figure it out.

Unfortunately "get_root.app" does not work any more with Firmware 2.1.1beta! It used to work in 2.0.6 - but PB seem to have closed the "hole".

But I was able to start cr3-pb.app from command line via an "nc.exe" / "rsh.app" - remote session.

I think, it is essential, that cr3-pb.app is followed by a path to a existing (ebook-)file. For simplicity I used the firmware's md5-checksum as a "book":

Code:
cr3-pb.app /mnt/ext1/md5sum.txt
That really worked (although the book's content was not really exiting )!

If I start up cr3-pb.app without a path parameter following, it throws a "segmentation fault".

But although cr3-pb appears as a choice in the pop up menu, I can not start any book (all drm-free epub/txt). It just returns to menu. My config is:

Code:
txt:@Text_file:1:fbreader.app,cr3-pb.app:ICON_TXT
fb2:@FB2_file:1:fbreader.app,cr3-pb.app:ICON_FB2
htm:@HTML_file:1:fbreader.app,cr3-pb.app:ICON_HTM
html:@HTML_file:1:fbreader.app,cr3-pb.app:ICON_HTM
php:@HTML_file:1:fbreader.app,cr3-pb.app:ICON_HTM
cgi:@HTML_file:1:fbreader.app,cr3-pb.app:ICON_HTM
asp:@HTML_file:1:fbreader.app,cr3-pb.app:ICON_HTM
jsp:@HTML_file:1:fbreader.app,cr3-pb.app:ICON_HTM
pl:@HTML_file:1:fbreader.app,cr3-pb.app:ICON_HTM
chm:@Z_HTML_file:1:fbreader.app,cr3-pb.app:ICON_CHM
rtf:@RTF_file:1:fbreader.app,cr3-pb.app:ICON_RTF
doc:@DOC_file:1:fbreader.app,cr3-pb.app:ICON_DOC
prc:@PRC_file:1:fbreader.app:ICON_PRC
pdb:@PRC_file:1:fbreader.app:ICON_PRC
mobi:@PRC_file:1:fbreader.app:ICON_PRC
tcr:@TCR_file:1:fbreader.app:ICON_TXT
pdf:@PDF_file:1:pdfviewer.app,AdobeViewer.app:ICON_PDF
djvu:@DJVU_file:1:djviewer.app:ICON_DJVU
djv:@DJVU_file:1:djviewer.app:ICON_DJVU
epub:@EPUB_file:1:fbreader.app,AdobeViewer.app,cr3-pb.app:ICON_EPUB
jpg:@JPEG_image:2:jpegviewer.app:ICON_JPG
jpeg:@JPEG_image:2:jpegviewer.app:ICON_JPG
png:@PNG_image:2:jpegviewer.app:ICON_PNG
bmp:@BMP_image:2:jpegviewer.app:ICON_BMP
tif:@TIFF_image:2:jpegviewer.app:ICON_TIFF
tiff:@TIFF_image:2:jpegviewer.app:ICON_TIFF
and my /mnt/system/bin/ looks like:

Verzeichnis von O:\system\bin

07.06.2010 02:51 <DIR> .
07.06.2010 02:51 <DIR> ..
05.02.2011 23:19 586.504 midori-ff
24.04.2011 00:00 198 bb.sh
17.04.2011 13:16 1.075.144 busybox
13.06.2011 13:58 2.627.603 cr3-pb.app
4 Datei(en), 4.289.449 Bytes

(I also placed "cr3-pb.app" to "/mnt/ext1/system/bin/applications" to be sure it can be found.)

My "/mnt/system/share/cr3/" is:

Verzeichnis von O:\system\share\cr3

13.06.2011 18:57 <DIR> .
13.06.2011 18:57 <DIR> ..
13.06.2011 18:57 <DIR> hyph
13.06.2011 18:57 <DIR> i18n
13.06.2011 18:57 <DIR> keymaps
13.06.2011 18:57 <DIR> manual
13.06.2011 18:57 <DIR> skin
13.06.2011 19:14 5.264 chm.css
13.06.2011 19:14 364 dict.css
13.06.2011 19:14 5.264 doc.css
13.06.2011 19:14 5.264 epub.css
13.06.2011 19:14 5.264 fb2.css
13.06.2011 19:14 5.264 htm.css
13.06.2011 19:15 5.264 rtf.css
13.06.2011 19:15 5.264 txt.css
8 Datei(en), 37.212 Bytes

I believe, that selecting "cr3-pb" from pop up menu somehow results in a wrong path-parameter while calling "cr3-pb.app".

Perhaps it is a hint, that "fbreader.app" and "AdobeViewer.app" can't be found in "/mnt/ext1/system/bin" nor in "/mnt/ext1/system/applications" ,
but in (root-) /bin or so, where i can't see/access them from USB but only with poterm or something like this.

Edit:

I have not changed anything, but suddenly it works. I can start books from the pop-up menu now.
But i really do not know the reason why!

Last edited by MartinZ; 06-14-2011 at 05:17 AM. Reason: Works now!