Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > iRex

Notices

Old 06-13-2007, 04:20 PM   #16
Adam B.
Addicted to Porting
Adam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the rough

Device: iRex iLiad, Nokia 770, Samsung i760
Quote:
Originally Posted by bedwere View Post
I upgraded to 2.10 and it doesn't seem to work any more. Any idea why? Both the standard and the improved version of ipdf seem to work fine.
What doesn't work? Have you reinstalled FBReader after you upgraded?
Adam B. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2007, 05:00 PM   #17
bedwere
Enthusiast
bedwere began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle DX Graphite
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam B. View Post
What doesn't work? Have you reinstalled FBReader after you upgraded?
No, I didn't know that I had to reinstall it. I'll give it a try.

It works for me now, thanks!

Last edited by bedwere; 06-13-2007 at 05:29 PM.
bedwere is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-13-2007, 05:22 PM   #18
realityloop
Enthusiast
realityloop has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.realityloop has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.realityloop has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Hi Adam,

using Firmware 2.10, I've downloaded it today, it appears to install correctly, but I have no icon anywhere on my CF card to run it..?

The install Icon's text changes to say "FBReader Has been Installed" "Delete this directory and run from Programs" but there is no FBReader icon in my Programs dir.

Edit: created own loader and pointed it to installed files.

Last edited by realityloop; 06-14-2007 at 07:23 AM.
realityloop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2007, 09:20 AM   #19
DigiDirk
Connoisseur
DigiDirk doesn't litterDigiDirk doesn't litter

Device: iLiad
Works well here on 2.10!

Even remembered my font and margin settings.

Though not sure if I was supposed to I executed the uninstall script first.

You realize that you have to edit that er_whatsitsname.txt file to get
FBReader to start by selecting just the books representation in content
lister?

Dirk 8)

Gee... it helps reading the second page too...

Last edited by DigiDirk; 06-14-2007 at 09:25 AM. Reason: Realized the answer was already there...
DigiDirk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2007, 02:29 AM   #20
flashpig
flashpig began at the beginning.

Device: iLiad
i have try for it ,it's excellent for me to use.Thanks
flashpig is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-29-2007, 02:10 PM   #21
Adam B.
Addicted to Porting
Adam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the rough

An Update: I've found the bug that was preventing recent versions of FBReader from launching on the iLiad. You should be able to expect the newest version of FBReader (0.8.8) to be ported next week.

There have been a few changes since 0.8.4:
  • French translation of interface (by Pierre Senellart) has been added.
  • CHM support has been improved.
  • Ukrainian translation of interface has been added.
  • '0097' character bug has been fixed.
  • The *.epub files support has been added (table of contents building is not supported yet).
  • OEB metainfo support has been fixed.
  • Opening of the OEB/OpenReader file sppecified in the command line has been fixed.
  • Problem with JPEG images in mobipocket files has been fixed.
  • Line breaking bug has been fixed.
  • Default encoding option has been added.
  • Position indicator drawing and navigation problems have been fixed.
  • LZX decompression code has been completely rewritten.
Old 11-29-2007, 02:40 PM   #22
tribble
iLiad Maniac
tribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it is

Device: Bookeen Opus (i love that thing) and iPad (what an irony)
Thats great news Adam. epub is one thing i really would like to have on the iLiad. Thanks.
tribble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2007, 03:07 PM   #23
DeGodefroi
Zealot
DeGodefroi began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle DX Graphite (had Illiad)
Great!
Looking forward to the new version!
FBreader is one of the best ebook readers and adds a lot of value to the Iliad.
Thanks!
DeGodefroi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2007, 09:12 AM   #24
Adam B.
Addicted to Porting

I may have to push back the timeline of the FBReader release a bit.

I've found that the screen updates are much slower when using the hacked libX11. I manually call the page refresh when changing pages, but still use libX11 for the options and library screens.

When I use only internal refreshes, changing pages is much faster. With the previous version, it was a "one-and-two-and-three-an" count. Now, it's much similar to iPDF with a "one-and-two-a" count to refresh. I'll have to do a lot of digging though the code to make sure all the refreshes are in there and not interfering with each other. But I think it'll be worth the wait.
Old 11-30-2007, 10:04 AM   #25
DeGodefroi
Zealot
DeGodefroi began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle DX Graphite (had Illiad)
You have my blessing AdamB. :-)
DeGodefroi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2008, 01:20 PM   #26
Adam B.
Addicted to Porting

A status update: I have the latest version of FBReader compiled and working. Screen refreshes are quicker, still not PDF or Mobipocket speeds, but it's definitely useable.

Now I need to work on the hard part. Packaging it together and testing the installer. Expect a release early this week.
Old 02-11-2008, 01:54 PM   #27
wallcraft
reader
wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Kobo Glo HD
One thing that is in the newer versions is the automatic addition of MOBI ebooks to the library. I have found this a mixed blessing if you have many MOBI books, because startup is longer and the author names (if any) etcetera are whatever is in the MOBI file. It is possible to control this feature by editing FBReader's book path, and if you usually use the contentlister as your "library" view you should definitely make sure your FBReader path does not include any MOBI files. If you expect many books to be added to your library it might be worth saving a copy of your existing user state before upgrading.
wallcraft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2008, 01:12 AM   #28
nekokami
fruminous edugeek
nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad, eBw 1150
W00t! I suppose there's not much point in giving you more MobileRead karma at this point, but I'd like to send you some of the Real Life kind.
nekokami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2008, 05:07 PM   #29
JWLaRue
Addict
JWLaRue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JWLaRue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JWLaRue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JWLaRue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JWLaRue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JWLaRue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JWLaRue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JWLaRue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JWLaRue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JWLaRue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JWLaRue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505 (blue, of course!)
Out of curiosity, is there a uninstaller for FBReader? Or does one need to reflash their iLiad to effect a removal?

-tnx,

Jeff
JWLaRue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2008, 07:24 PM   #30
wallcraft
reader
wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Kobo Glo HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by JWLaRue View Post
Out of curiosity, is there a uninstaller for FBReader?
Yes. If FBReader (0.8.4) is /media/cf/Programs/FBReader then the uninstaller is /media/cf/Programs/Uninstall/FBReader

All it does is:
Code:
ipkg remove fbreader
I don't think FBReader is very intrusive if it is installed on the CF card. There are some softlinks from /usr/local to the CF card, but they are mostly harmless.
wallcraft is offline   Reply With Quote