Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > News

Notices

Old 12-14-2012, 02:25 PM   #46
jbcohen
Wizard
jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung A21
My pop worked for the postal service for forty years and he taught me a lot about the postal service, how mail is delivered and postal law and pat has summed up the letter of postal law exactly.
jbcohen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 07:38 PM   #47
wvcherrybomb
Sharp Shootin' Grandma
wvcherrybomb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wvcherrybomb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wvcherrybomb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wvcherrybomb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wvcherrybomb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wvcherrybomb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wvcherrybomb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wvcherrybomb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wvcherrybomb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wvcherrybomb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wvcherrybomb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Kindle Fire, Literati (has been adopted by my daughter)
After reading the OP (not the link) I'll admit I was horrified that anyone would consider keeping items they hadn't paid for.

Then, as I skimmed over the thread, I see that the persons in question tried to make things right and were gifted the items. This, I understand. Twenty odd years ago, my mom ordered a 24 kt gold baseball card and was sent two. Twice she sent the extra card back and twice it was sent back to her. She contacted the company but never was charged for the second item. At that point, there is little else a person can do.

However, if you don't at least TRY to make things right, you are a thief, plain and simple. Recently, my cousins wife was on facebook trying to sell an American Girl doll because the company had sent her two by mistake. I was, and still am, embarrassed that a "relative" would do such a thing.
wvcherrybomb is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-18-2012, 07:59 PM   #48
Latinandgreek
Warrior Princess
Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505; PRS-350, PRS-T1, iPad, Aura HD
I have been accidentally given more change than I was supposed to get back at the store and have in those cases alerted the cashier and given the excess back, not wanting the cashier to get into trouble for having less than they should in their till.

I have also erroneously received books that I haven't ordered in a shipment, and after contacting the seller was told to just keep them, as it wasn't worth their trouble/time/money to arrange for me to ship them back. (I would have gladly shipped them back, but there is no way that I would have done it at my own expense, seeing as it was not my error). If you try to contact the seller and they tell you to keep the product I don't see anything unethical about keeping it.
Latinandgreek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 10:43 PM   #49
Vic333
Connoisseur
Vic333 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Vic333 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Vic333 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Vic333 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Vic333 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Vic333 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Vic333 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Vic333 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Vic333 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Vic333 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Vic333 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
5 iPads is not a good enough incentive to shop at best buy.
Vic333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 10:11 PM   #50
QuantumIguana
Philosopher
QuantumIguana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.QuantumIguana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.QuantumIguana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.QuantumIguana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.QuantumIguana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.QuantumIguana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.QuantumIguana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.QuantumIguana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.QuantumIguana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.QuantumIguana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.QuantumIguana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 2 gen, Kindle Fire 1st Gen, Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by wvcherrybomb View Post
However, if you don't at least TRY to make things right, you are a thief, plain and simple. Recently, my cousins wife was on facebook trying to sell an American Girl doll because the company had sent her two by mistake. I was, and still am, embarrassed that a "relative" would do such a thing.
You are only a thief if you had obtained the item illegally. You can have moral objections to keeping extra items you were sent, but it isn't theft.
QuantumIguana is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-21-2012, 07:38 PM   #51
wizwor
Wizard
wizwor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wizwor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wizwor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wizwor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wizwor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wizwor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wizwor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wizwor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wizwor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wizwor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wizwor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle, fire
Quote:
Originally Posted by QuantumIguana View Post
You are only a thief if you had obtained the item illegally. You can have moral objections to keeping extra items you were sent, but it isn't theft.
Some people don't need a dictionary to judge right from wrong.
wizwor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2012, 01:15 AM   #52
sadievan
Wizard
sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 2, iPhone, Kindle Fire HD 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by wizwor View Post
Some people don't need a dictionary to judge right from wrong.
sadievan is offline   Reply With Quote