Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Barnes & Noble NOOK > Nook Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 12-14-2010, 11:20 AM   #1
Rich_D
Fanatic
Rich_D ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rich_D ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rich_D ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rich_D ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rich_D ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rich_D ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rich_D ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rich_D ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rich_D ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rich_D ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rich_D ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Android phone, Kobo Glo HD, nook ST with Glo (backup)
Audible app on rooted nook?

I was wondering if anyone has tried to load the Audible for Android app to a rooted nook and if it worked?

I have no plans on getting an NC - this is just idle curiousity so there's no need for anyone to go out of their way to test it.

Thanks!
Rich_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2010, 11:22 AM   #2
SCION
Séduisant
SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Note Air2+; Kobo Libra2; Kindle Scribe, Oasis3; iPad Mini6
I have the app on mine. It works fine.
SCION is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2010, 12:27 PM   #3
Rich_D
Fanatic
Rich_D ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rich_D ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rich_D ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rich_D ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rich_D ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rich_D ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rich_D ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rich_D ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rich_D ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rich_D ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rich_D ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Android phone, Kobo Glo HD, nook ST with Glo (backup)
Quote:
Originally Posted by SCION View Post
I have the app on mine. It works fine.
Cool!

Thanks for the reply!
Rich_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2010, 12:29 PM   #4
SCION
Séduisant
SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

You're welcome. You actually helped me because I installed it and never tried it.
Old 01-30-2011, 11:56 PM   #5
confusedgeek
confusedgeek began at the beginning.

Device: nookcolor
i cant get i to work.

i can log in to see my books, but once i try to listen to one i get a password screen again and it says it succeeded, but then brings up the password screen.
confusedgeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2011, 08:00 PM   #6
emt
Nameless Being

Yes, Audible Now Works...

but only on rooted update 1.1 (I was having the same issues with repetitive loop on password when I was on rooted 1.01) but they are now fixed and it works very well. Download for free from Market.
Old 02-02-2011, 11:54 PM   #7
confusedgeek
confusedgeek began at the beginning.

Device: nookcolor
Quote:
Originally Posted by emt View Post
but only on rooted update 1.1 (I was having the same issues with repetitive loop on password when I was on rooted 1.01) but they are now fixed and it works very well. Download for free from Market.
yup with the rooted 1.1, audible works now.

thanks for the heads up.
confusedgeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2011, 10:14 PM   #8
poraguy
poraguy began at the beginning.

Device: Nook Color
Originally Posted by poraguy
Hi I read your post how to edit the build.prop file on the Nook. I am new to this process and I don't know how to go about editing the file. I have used adb wireless and can see my Nook Color and then followed your instructions using the adb pull command, but I have no idea how to edit the build.prop file at that point. Can you help an old retired guy get this working?

I have updated to version 1.1.0 and am using the latest Audible version 1.1. I still get the looping problem and the build.prop file has the fingerprint line you recommended changing. I used autonooter 3.0.0 to root the device.
Thanks in advance.
r, George
poraguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2011, 11:23 PM   #9
SCION
Séduisant

Quote:
Originally Posted by poraguy View Post
Originally Posted by poraguy
Hi I read your post how to edit the build.prop file on the Nook. I am new to this process and I don't know how to go about editing the file. I have used adb wireless and can see my Nook Color and then followed your instructions using the adb pull command, but I have no idea how to edit the build.prop file at that point. Can you help an old retired guy get this working?

I have updated to version 1.1.0 and am using the latest Audible version 1.1. I still get the looping problem and the build.prop file has the fingerprint line you recommended changing. I used autonooter 3.0.0 to root the device.
Thanks in advance.
r, George
poraguy is referencing this post:

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...7&postcount=24

Anyone have any ideas as to why Audible isn't working for this individual. Audible has always worked for me, but people have mentioned that the 1.1.0 update fixed the problem.

Don't want this person tweaking the build.prop file and changing the device fingerprint if not necessary in this case.
Old 09-16-2011, 02:21 PM   #10
blang2
blang2 began at the beginning.

Device: none
I love that quote! J’aime mieux les méchants que les imbéciles, parce qu’ils se reposent. And thanks for the heads up on then audible app for the color nook. Does it work well?
blang2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2011, 10:24 PM   #11
magicmonster
Groupie
magicmonster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.magicmonster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.magicmonster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.magicmonster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.magicmonster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.magicmonster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.magicmonster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.magicmonster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.magicmonster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.magicmonster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.magicmonster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Nook Color, & Dell Axim X50v
Using with CRM7 and it works great!
magicmonster is offline   Reply With Quote