Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Reading Recommendations

Notices

Old 07-03-2010, 08:43 AM   #1
GlenBarrington
Cheese Whiz
GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW, Samsung Tab A 10.1(2019), Pixel 6a.
Duma Key - Stephen King

I'm not a big stephen King fan, but this is very good.

It's about a wealthy middle-aged building contractor in Minnesota, who upon going through a divorce, winds up moving to a rented house on an Island off of Florida and rediscovering his love of art.

Through his reawakened passion for painting, he finds himself drawn into the Island's tragic history. A history that could have fatal consequnces not only for him but is ex wife and his grown daughters as well.

There is an interesting running narrative on art, and its philosophical underpinnings that you don't often see in books written for the mass market. I enjoyed it very much.
GlenBarrington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2010, 10:34 AM   #2
ardeegee
Maratus speciosus butt
ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-350
Is it only me that can't see "Duma Key" without thinking of this?

ardeegee is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-03-2010, 10:48 AM   #3
edbro
Banned
edbro is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.edbro is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.edbro is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.edbro is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.edbro is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.edbro is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.edbro is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.edbro is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.edbro is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.edbro is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.edbro is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.

Device: iPad4
I'm about a quarter of the way into it now. I also am enjoying it. Reminiscent of earlier SK.
edbro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2010, 10:38 AM   #4
GlenBarrington
Cheese Whiz
GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW, Samsung Tab A 10.1(2019), Pixel 6a.
It might be only you! I've watched the video a couple of times and I don't get your reference. Sorry!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ardeegee View Post
Is it only me that can't see "Duma Key" without thinking of this?

GlenBarrington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2010, 10:43 AM   #5
cheerio6414
Addict
cheerio6414 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by GlenBarrington View Post
I'm not a big stephen King fan, but this is very good.

It's about a wealthy middle-aged building contractor in Minnesota, who upon going through a divorce, winds up moving to a rented house on an Island off of Florida and rediscovering his love of art.

Through his reawakened passion for painting, he finds himself drawn into the Island's tragic history. A history that could have fatal consequnces not only for him but is ex wife and his grown daughters as well.

There is an interesting running narrative on art, and its philosophical underpinnings that you don't often see in books written for the mass market. I enjoyed it very much.
Thanks for the description. I haven't even heard of this book till today. I am getting it
cheerio6414 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-05-2010, 11:31 AM   #6
BenG
Home Guard
BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 3G, iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by GlenBarrington View Post
It might be only you! I've watched the video a couple of times and I don't get your reference. Sorry!
I suppose he could be singing "Shock Duma Key"
BenG is offline   Reply With Quote