Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 01-25-2011, 09:11 AM   #1
ManishS
ManishS began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo
Unable to add new books

Hi guys,

Odd problem with the kobo. It was working fine for months until this week. First I had the connection problems with the Calibre. Then I did a factory reset on it. Ever since then, any books I add do not appear in the Kobo. They appear neither in the 'Im Reading' section nor in all the books.

I am unsure as to what the problem could be or what I could do to fix it. Please help. I have a normal kobo not a wireless one.
ManishS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2011, 09:58 AM   #2
ManishS

Btw, I did a few things to try and fix it after reading some threads.

I removed the sqlite file. Did a factory reset after that. No change other than the fact that the 100 free books are gone.
Advert
Old 01-25-2011, 11:16 AM   #3
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
Have you checked the time / date on the Kobo ?
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2011, 11:19 AM   #4
ManishS

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterT View Post
Have you checked the time / date on the Kobo ?
What does that do?
Old 01-25-2011, 12:30 PM   #5
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
I believe if the time and date are not correct on the Kobo that it can cause problems.
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-25-2011, 08:18 PM   #6
Wenznz
Wenznz began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo wifi
I had something similar to this the other day, that may help you.

I found when I disconnected my Kobo from Calibre, the books had moved onto the F: drive folder (what my Kobo appears as on my computer), but were not showing up on the Kobo.
For some reason it appeared the files had moved, but not properly somehow, so when I kept trying to add them again, they weren't transferring because Calibre thought they were already there.

I eventually got it working again by deleting the files out of the F: drive folder, and then re-adding the books through Calibre.

It may be worth checking if this is similar to your issue

Last edited by Wenznz; 01-25-2011 at 08:21 PM.
Wenznz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2011, 09:23 PM   #7
ManishS

Odd part is that I can see the files in the hard drive of the kobo. On the kobo however it says 'No books found'
Old 01-25-2011, 09:37 PM   #8
ManishS

The time/date is correct.
Old 01-25-2011, 09:58 PM   #9
ManishS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wenznz View Post
I had something similar to this the other day, that may help you.

I found when I disconnected my Kobo from Calibre, the books had moved onto the F: drive folder (what my Kobo appears as on my computer), but were not showing up on the Kobo.
For some reason it appeared the files had moved, but not properly somehow, so when I kept trying to add them again, they weren't transferring because Calibre thought they were already there.

I eventually got it working again by deleting the files out of the F: drive folder, and then re-adding the books through Calibre.

It may be worth checking if this is similar to your issue
I have tried to delete the books on the hard drive and re-add them many times now. Still not working.

Maybe the title should change to "unable to view books" since they are on the hard drive already.

Last edited by ManishS; 01-25-2011 at 10:40 PM.
Old 01-27-2011, 07:42 PM   #10
amo
Teaist
amo taught Chuck Norris how to fight.amo taught Chuck Norris how to fight.amo taught Chuck Norris how to fight.amo taught Chuck Norris how to fight.amo taught Chuck Norris how to fight.amo taught Chuck Norris how to fight.amo taught Chuck Norris how to fight.amo taught Chuck Norris how to fight.amo taught Chuck Norris how to fight.amo taught Chuck Norris how to fight.amo taught Chuck Norris how to fight.

Device: Kobo WiFi, Kobo Aura ONE, Android cell phone
I had somewhat similar problems with mine, that I had books that showed as being on the kobo drive, but the kobo itself didn't show them. I dragged them off the kobo drive and reinstalled them, which worked after a few tries (but not at first). Have you tried more than one method of deleting them? I remember trying several methods- drag-and-drop to trash, right-click and delete, etc., and one of them eventually worked. I also had to reboot the kobo, if I remember correctly.
amo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2011, 01:04 AM   #11
ManishS

Quote:
Originally Posted by amo View Post
I had somewhat similar problems with mine, that I had books that showed as being on the kobo drive, but the kobo itself didn't show them. I dragged them off the kobo drive and reinstalled them, which worked after a few tries (but not at first). Have you tried more than one method of deleting them? I remember trying several methods- drag-and-drop to trash, right-click and delete, etc., and one of them eventually worked. I also had to reboot the kobo, if I remember correctly.
I rebooted several times. Did shift-delete each time as well as 'remove item' from the ADE.

Anyway, I called the support and they will send me a "kit" and I have to send them the Kobo. A bit of a hassle but meh I wasted enough time on trying to fix it.