Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Reading Recommendations

Notices

Old 12-26-2009, 08:17 AM   #1
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
Discussing Stephen King's "Under The Dome"

Let's talk, fellow MobileRead Members:

1) Do we want to try and get this book nominated as part of the Official MobileRead Bookclub for January? (I already put in my vote, but some individuals here may feel it's not in the right category.)

2) There's nothing that says we can't have our own discussion here - it can be a loose discussion or a planned one. I would personally prefer a planned, incrementally read discussion.

3) We can do nothing.

Any one of these three (or fourth?) is acceptable to me, as I plan to read it, anyway, just as soon as I finish "Duma Key" in 3-4 days from now.

What say the majority of "Wise Thinkers" here? (If you're an Unwise Thinker, please eat your Wheaties and then post a comment. Remember: I know which category you fall into.)

Don

Last edited by Dr. Drib; 01-14-2010 at 08:18 PM. Reason: Question mark removed.
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2009, 08:38 AM   #2
PennyPie
Cocoa & Toast...mmmmmm...
PennyPie can extract oil from cheesePennyPie can extract oil from cheesePennyPie can extract oil from cheesePennyPie can extract oil from cheesePennyPie can extract oil from cheesePennyPie can extract oil from cheesePennyPie can extract oil from cheesePennyPie can extract oil from cheese

Device: Sony PRS-700, iPhone
Dr. Drib...I've finished reading it, and would love to have a discussion. Only prob with incrementally read, is everyone won't be at the same place at the same time. I, for one, would be happy to discuss however anyone wants to...planned or unplanned (I'd be discreet, not revealing anything not brought up in the discussion, so as not to be a 'spoiler') It's the 1st 'old school' King to come out for some time & I really enjoyed it.

Duma Key was very good...enjoyed it as well. I've pretty much read everything King's written, with the exception of the Wasteland series (or whatever it's called)

Hope there's enough interest to pursue it!!
PennyPie is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-26-2009, 04:21 PM   #3
PennyPie
PennyPie can extract oil from cheesePennyPie can extract oil from cheesePennyPie can extract oil from cheesePennyPie can extract oil from cheesePennyPie can extract oil from cheesePennyPie can extract oil from cheesePennyPie can extract oil from cheesePennyPie can extract oil from cheese

Hey...no one interested in Dr. Drib's proposal? I thought there were lots of SK fans out there!!!
Old 12-26-2009, 04:24 PM   #4
mtravellerh
book creator
mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB360°
Ilike the book so far! Not too dep into it yet, though!
mtravellerh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2009, 04:29 PM   #5
Bob T
Enthusiast
Bob T began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-300
Sure I'll be up to discuss it when I'm done...
I'm just past half way through it and so far it has been very enjoyable...vintage SK....
Takes me back to when "The Stand" came out...

Bob T.
Bob T is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-26-2009, 04:43 PM   #6
daffy4u
I'm Super Kindle-icious
daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KDXG, KT, Oasis
I set up a spoiler thread last month for Under the Dome last month.
daffy4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2009, 04:45 PM   #7
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: A K1, Kindle Paperwhite, an Ipod, IPad2, Iphone, an Ipad Mini & macAir
Quote:
Originally Posted by daffy4u View Post
I set up a spoiler thread last month for Under the Dome last month.

Have you started it yet? I'm about 1/3 the way thru, and really enjoying it!
desertgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2009, 04:47 PM   #8
daffy4u
I'm Super Kindle-icious
daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KDXG, KT, Oasis
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertgrandma View Post
Have you started it yet? I'm about 1/3 the way thru, and really enjoying it!
I started it yesterday and I'm taking a MobileRead and lunch break. I'm going to have to put this thread on ignore until I'm finished.
daffy4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2009, 08:17 PM   #9
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
Quote:
Originally Posted by daffy4u View Post
I started it yesterday and I'm taking a MobileRead and lunch break. I'm going to have to put this thread on ignore until I'm finished.

Then that must mean it's really absorbing!

Don
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2009, 08:44 PM   #10
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: A K1, Kindle Paperwhite, an Ipod, IPad2, Iphone, an Ipad Mini & macAir
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Drib View Post
Then that must mean it's really absorbing!

Don
It really is. I have to take a breaks because its so intense at times.
desertgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2009, 10:14 PM   #11
PennyPie

It's another of those 'just don't want to put it down-ers'!
Old 12-27-2009, 12:54 PM   #12
Calaba
Calaba began at the beginning.

Device: Sony Ereader
Have already read it and i'd totally be a part of any discussion!

Shhhhh... Liseys Story will always be my fav.
Calaba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2009, 01:15 PM   #13
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
I just got it and have not yet started reading Under the Dome.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2009, 01:20 PM   #14
Bob T
Enthusiast
Bob T began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-300
Less than 100 pages to go....

And my son shows up for a visit....

Bob T.
Bob T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2009, 05:06 AM   #15
neilmarr
neilmarr
neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony
All my Christmas gifts were ebooks -- you've talked me into putting *Under the Dome* high on a long reading list. Thanks. Neil
neilmarr is offline   Reply With Quote